Baseball Returneths - The MLB Thread: Spring Training Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the cardinals season is over :sad:

maybe ill root for the rockies this year

Headache in a Suitcase said:
mets are playing at fenway this year :hmm: road trip!
Pedro vs Clemens on June 28. ( I saw that matchup in person in game 3 of the 99 ALCS, pretty fun day)
How much you think the scalpers will be getting?

When June approaches and the pitching rotations are set, If Pedro is set to pitch on any of those 3 dates, cost will go sky high on the secondary market.

I usually get a couple of sets of tix from vendors here at work, maybe I should push for a Mets game since everyone alse always wants Yank-me games.

Saw the Red Sox play the Mets at Fenway twice in 86. First was an exhibition game during the season. Can't remember what the reason for scheduling the game was, but it was a raucous crowd and ended up being a WS preview. Next was game 5 of the World Series...which selective memory tells me 1986 was a best of 5 World Series and since the Sox won game 5 behind Bruce Hurst, I shall now celebrate.

celebrate away... i shall too, being the 20th anniversary and all :wink:

i could very easily make it up to boston for the night (would have to be back home the next day, gotta check the amtrak schedules :hmm: )... if anyone wanted to check out one of the games... :hmm:

edt*-jetblue $129 from JFK to Boston roundtrip... into boston around 3ish, back home the next day by 7:30, plenty of time to get to work on time :hmm: certainly do-able

Last edited:
i need to get to a few more fenway games this year. i usually go to 3-4 a year and then ill head to shea when the cards are in town but i didn't go to any last year.

:love: scalpers

Headache in a Suitcase said:
celebrate away... i shall too, being the 20th anniversary and all :wink:

i could very easily make it up to boston for the night (would have to be back home the next day, gotta check the amtrak schedules :hmm: )... if anyone wanted to check out one of the games... :hmm:

edt*-jetblue $129 from JFK to Boston roundtrip... into boston around 3ish, back home the next day by 7:30, plenty of time to get to work on time :hmm: certainly do-able
I'd have to see about getting tix.
I gotta drive to L.I. on Friday the 30th, so theoretically you could take Friday off, we could hit Thursday's game and I could drive you back Friday (but you'd have to sit through a 5 hour car ride with my wife and 2 year old)...getting far too complicated at this point. Maybe TV is a good option. :wink:

excerpt from article on ESPN.com talking about Prince Fielder (son of Big Daddy Cecil)

Until his freshman year in high school, Prince was partial to basketball, and Karl Malone in particular. But when he sent a batting practice homer into the Tiger Stadium upper deck at age 12, his future was all but sealed. How many Little Leaguers can write a "What I did on my summer vacation" theme based on hitting a ball 400 feet? :shocked:

not sure if i could hit one of those tiny "crazy balls" that you get from the gumball machine out of the infield at 12 yrs old.:ohmy:

so are we all holding candle vigils for Kirby?

For a relatively young guy, he's had some serious health issues huh?

Numb1075 said:
so are we all holding candle vigils for Kirby?

For a relatively young guy, he's had some serious health issues huh?

I live in Minneapolis. Almost the entire 6:00 news was about him. They don't have anything to report other than they don't know his status but they felt the need to say that for 20 minutes. :crazy: I hope he'll be ok. :(

Bonds was using two designer steroids referred to as the Cream and the Clear, as well as insulin, human growth hormone, testosterone decanoate (a fast-acting steroid known as Mexican beans) and trenbolone, a steroid created to improve the muscle quality of cattle.

:yikes:

thats a lot of juice

Back
Top Bottom