Baseball Returneths - The MLB Thread: Spring Training Edition - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2006, 02:48 AM   #46
The Fly

Local Time: 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
soccer sucks and is for pansies

I love baseball, it's my favourite sport, but also love Football and American football.

But how can you call Football for pansies, when like to watch a sport that doesn't even have contact?

Old 02-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

the world series has been called the world series since the early 1900s, when baseball really wasn't played anywhere else but in america. the name has more to do with tradition other than it actually being a true world championship, even though the best players in the world do play in the major leagues and not in the various other leagues around the world.

now can we please get back to actually discussing baseball? if you want to further discuss the merits of the sport, a pissing contest between baseball and "footie" and/or calling it a world series, start your own thread.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by allbecauseofu2
ok i guess i should have posted this here instead of starting a new thread.

if the giants and bonds had any common sense, they would trade him to the AL so he could be the DH, and the giants could get someone who knees aren't gonna explode while in the outfield. I hear ,he;s only gonna play 100-120 games, he'll leave games early, his knee has to be like massaged bwtween innings! then what good is this guy? what kinda plan is that? thier gonna move him up to batting 2nd mabey? Thiers nothing in that lineup besides him and moises alou that can't be stopped when the pressures on. (from the other teams point of view). They say that the more he stands out in the field the worse it is for his knees. Thats great. He should relize he'll get more at bats and more pitches to hit as a AL DH then staying on the giants. And he dosn't have to leave the game for defensive replacement in the AL. The giants would get alot of good young talent for him and actuly have something to build on instead of the senoir citizens ball thier playing now.
if the giants had any common sense they would keep barry bonds until he decides it's time to retire.

what good is this guy? quite simply just having him in the lineup strikes fear in pitchers and instantly makes those around him better.

but that's not why they'd be crazy to get rid of him... they'd be crazy to get rid of him because he puts fannies in the seats. they'd be crazy to get rid of him now... it's not like it'll take much to win that terrible division. he played for less than a month last year and his presence in the lineup almost helped push them past the padres.

it might make sense for barry bonds to DH in the american league, but it makes no sense at all for the giants to get rid of him.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Report: Barry Bonds Done After '06

After sitting out most of 2005, Barry Bonds is calling this season his last. The Giants slugger told USA Today that he will retire with or without the all-time home run record.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #50
Refugee

Local Time: 01:19 PM
yeah they can win the divison and then what? they couldn;t win the world series in 2002 with a much much better team with a stronger bonds. the white sox showed u can win it all with no big superstars. I mean he is the reason they can win the divsion but the world series? he is still only one man. one man with only one other big hitter in the line up (alou). put him on say like the red sox, with bonds/manny/ortiz/veritech and the potental great pithcing staff thats sounds like a team that can win it all.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

umm, what exactly do you see the red sox giving up for bonds?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
umm, what exactly do you see the red sox giving up for bonds?
The way most sox fans propose trades on weei, probably mike lowell, adam stern, and maybe throw in lou merloni.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 AM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by allbecauseofu2
yeah they can win the divison and then what? they couldn;t win the world series in 2002 with a much much better team with a stronger bonds. the white sox showed u can win it all with no big superstars. I mean he is the reason they can win the divsion but the world series? he is still only one man. one man with only one other big hitter in the line up (alou). put him on say like the red sox, with bonds/manny/ortiz/veritech and the potental great pithcing staff thats sounds like a team that can win it all.
are you completely out of your mind? really... a post like this makes me think that you're just a u2kitten alter.

do you know nothing about sports? barry bonds is a money making machine. and the only thing that matters in pro sports, like it or not, is money. the giants would be crazy to trade him.

sure, maybe they could trade him to a mediocre AL team, lose out on all the ticket sales they're gonna get based on bonds' chase for ruth and then aaron... and maybe.. maybe they'll get a prospect who turns into something. but more likely than not they'l just trade away a gold mine for a mediocre player... as what happens with most veteran for rookie trades in baseball.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:00 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

The way most sox fans propose trades on weei, probably mike lowell, adam stern, and maybe throw in lou merloni.
Only if the Giants agree to pay 90% of Bonds' salary.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Report: Barry Bonds Done After '06

After sitting out most of 2005, Barry Bonds is calling this season his last. The Giants slugger told USA Today that he will retire with or without the all-time home run record.
Apparently, Bonds was quoted later that day saying that he would only retire if his body prevented him from playing.

While, he might retire, he's not ruling out playing after 2006. It all depends on what his body is capable of.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

I don't see him going past this year. Even though I think he'll be huge when in the lineup this year, the fact is his health is starting to deteriorate.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:13 AM   #57
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

are you completely out of your mind? really... a post like this makes me think that you're just a u2kitten alter.

do you know nothing about sports? barry bonds is a money making machine. and the only thing that matters in pro sports, like it or not, is money. the giants would be crazy to trade him.

sure, maybe they could trade him to a mediocre AL team, lose out on all the ticket sales they're gonna get based on bonds' chase for ruth and then aaron... and maybe.. maybe they'll get a prospect who turns into something. but more likely than not they'l just trade away a gold mine for a mediocre player... as what happens with most veteran for rookie trades in baseball.
sorry about the douchebaggery like tone... twas just home from the bar.

i'd never call anyone u2kitten sober. that's just not right.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Cruelty of the highest order.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #59
Refugee

Local Time: 01:19 PM
i feel its a matter how have to trade him. Everything u say is true about the money and all. except his knees don;t know that. His knees are gonna explode out thier. its very bad for him to stand up for long out thier. its a superman at the plate and a slower then bernie williams crippled old man in the field. lol. and he has to leave the game early cause of it. So u don;t have the guy in extra innings . I hope they make alot of money with tix, casue thier not gonna win any world series. no way. they only way that woulda changed is if they gotten at least soem help. They would have to had gotten manny rameriz when he was "available". and mabey some pitching.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Cruelty of the highest order.
it is... i hate myself for it now

such disgraceful name calling