Bar, Montenegro Superthread - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #811
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:11 PM
So something happened when I was at a bottle shop today, I bought a carton of Lowenbrau which was no problem (though I wanted to get a carton much cheaper than $40, which could have been done so elsewhere) but I also got this 700ml of black sambucca. I picked it up because the price underneath it was $30, which isn't a bad price at all, so I thought I'd take advantage of it. So yeah, went to the counter, bought the beers and then it turned out the bottle was actually misplaced, it was where the 500ml should have been, and it was really $43. I was all, don't bother then, that's okay but as it turned out one of the guys at the counter said they'd give it to me for what I thought it was initially. So I don't know how I feel about that, I got it but I didn't deserve it and I don't know if I should feel like an arsehole because of it, it wasn't really my fault but was it lame of me to accept the deal?

The sambucca is quite nice, doesn't become ultramarine when diluted, hint of lemon. Thinking of making a drink with it to compliment some absinthe, to further the anise taste and perhaps dilute the harshness of the fairy.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #812
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Time to get ready for work.
You mean time to get ready to chat.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #813
Blue Crack Addict

Namaste (is that right?), Zoots - what's up?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #814
Blue Crack Supplier

You spelt it right but it's funny cos I never use it.

How you doin' on this fine friday?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #815
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
You mean time to get ready to chat.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #816
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You spelt it right but it's funny cos I never use it.

How you doin' on this fine friday?
Yeah, I figured since you're in the states you probably wouldn't need to!

I'm good, uh my footy team lost, but I'm just sitting here drinking and chilling. Watched some Henry Rollins spoken word stuff before, which I think can get me banned from this forum.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #817
Blue Crack Supplier

Haha Rollins spoken word? I've heard some of it. One of my old roommates is a big fan. But I was never too much into his style.

Your football (soccer?) team as in AUS? And what tournament is this?

I've been in the US for years now so I don't use namaste, correct. Also, it's just not my language. There are several languages in India.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #818
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Haha Rollins spoken word? I've heard some of it. One of my old roommates is a big fan. But I was never too much into his style.

Your football (soccer?) team as in AUS? And what tournament is this?

I've been in the US for years now so I don't use namaste, correct. Also, it's just not my language. There are several languages in India.
Oh, really? I never listened to much but I used to read a lot of his poetry back in high school. I know a lot of people who are bigger fans than me, though - I never really considered myself a fan of him, so to speak.

Nah, not soccer, Australian Rules Football (Season 2008 - Official Website of the Australian Football League) . I'm a West Coast Eagles supporter. We're doing shoddy this year, but we were a force in the last few years, just a lot of controversy surrounded us (our former captain was a coke and ice addict), some of our best players retired, our captain switched teams... so yeah, has been pretty tough. But it's good to see such a young team playing against so many professionals with determination, regardless of sport.

That's sort of what I figured, and yeah, I'm perfectly aware that Hindi isn't the only Indian language, but I was just taking a guess, hope you didn't mind. Also I'm kind of in a mellow stage right now.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #819
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:41 PM
For the record, I can't stand any of Coldplay's earlier stuff, but I actually quite like Viva La Vida (as in the single). Violet Hill on the other hand, is just pure crap.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #820
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
That's sort of what I figured, and yeah, I'm perfectly aware that Hindi isn't the only Indian language, but I was just taking a guess, hope you didn't mind. Also I'm kind of in a mellow stage right now.
Oh I don't mind at all.

Aussie football eh? Cool! I've seen a little bit here and there on TV but that's about it. I particularly remember the referee making a funny sign with his hands every time a goal is scored.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #821
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh I don't mind at all.

Aussie football eh? Cool! I've seen a little bit here and there on TV but that's about it. I particularly remember the referee making a funny sign with his hands every time a goal is scored.
Oh, good.

They show it over there sometimes, then? I know there are a few American leagues. Yeah, the goal umpires tend to be remembered by a lot of international viewers, especially when some of them are dressed in white, have rather large hats and do the double-point gesture for a goal. I can't really imagine it being weird, but I guess it is to everyone outside of Australia.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #822
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Yeah, the goal umpires tend to be remembered by a lot of international viewers, especially when some of them are dressed in white, have rather large hats and do the double-point gesture for a goal. I can't really imagine it being weird, but I guess it is to everyone outside of Australia.
Haha that's cool though. It's something that stands out as interesting to me. So they call them umpires huh? like Cricket! Yeah they do show games here sometimes. Come to think of it, I haven't watched Cricket in so long! I'm starting to miss it a bit even though Football (Soccer) will be my eternal favorite.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #823
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Haha that's cool though. It's something that stands out as interesting to me. So they call them umpires huh? like Cricket! Yeah they do show games here sometimes. Come to think of it, I haven't watched Cricket in so long! I'm starting to miss it a bit even though Football (Soccer) will be my eternal favorite.
Oh yeah, it's sort of a novelty for people that haven't watched it for long, so I can see why it'd stand out! Yeah, they're umpires here, as in Cricket - though unlike other Aussies here, I'm not a big cricket fan. I remember getting into the Ashes a couple years ago but after it ended I forgot all the rules again! Same with soccer/football - obviously it's easier to understand, but I don't watch it as much as I'd like to. Fun to play, though.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #824
Blue Crack Supplier

Btw, totally different topic.... is Neighbours still going?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #825
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Btw, totally different topic.... is Neighbours still going?

Yes. Yes it is.

Tags
superthread