Attica Correctional Facility, Attica, New York, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful Bomb (in no particular track order) would've been:

Native Son
All Because of You (a hybrid of the alternate version and the single mix)
City of Blinding Lights (stripped the fuck down to guitars, bass, and drums)
Love and Peace Or Else (without the "wtf?" lyrics throughout)
Smile
Fast Cars (w/Xanax & Wine's chorus and the punch of the Jacknife Lee mix added at parts to accentuate)
Electrical Fucking Storm
She's Gonna Blow Your House Down (dug up from the vault)
One Step Closer
Miracle Drug (without the clunky lyrics and with Edge singing lead vocals)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (stripped the fuck down for the most part, but then blasting into it at "SIIIING!" with swirling string orchestras)
Original of the Species (played like it was played live)

Chuck out She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, SYCMIOYO, and OOTS. Bring back Crumbs and AMAAW. Keep Edge singing in Miracle Drug. Then I agree.

Chuck out She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, SYCMIOYO, and OOTS. Bring back Crumbs and AMAAW. Keep Edge singing in Miracle Drug. Then I agree.

Oh, and I forgot to mention--no clipping, and diversity in the dynamics. She's Gonna Blow would fit right in, musically, with All Because Of You, though. And there's no way Bono wouldn't have SYCMIOYO or OOTS.... He's really just a sap in leprechaun's clothing. But you could add in Crumbs and AMAAW.

Oh, and I forgot to mention--no clipping, and diversity in the dynamics. She's Gonna Blow would fit right in, musically, with All Because Of You, though. And there's no way Bono wouldn't have SYCMIOYO or OOTS.... He's really just a sap in leprechaun's clothing. But you could add in Crumbs and AMAAW.

I just never got the fuss about She's Gonna Blow Your House Down. It's boring as hell. I've probably listened to it about four times in my life.

Sure, Bono wouldn't want to ditch SYCMIOYO or OOTS, but they're both dreadful songs and should be discarded. OOTS sounds far too close to bad faux-motivational teen radio-friendly pop for my liking, and SYCMIOYO is a plodding snoozefest.

:drool:

Better than a 12-inch penis up the ass.

:silent:

Hi Kim, bye El Mel

Hey!! Hows your right of way....:shifty:

Not too badly. Had a long, boring day at uni. Yourself?

I'm fanfuckingtastic :yes: :rockon:

Spring has sprung :drool:

I have the first 2 blossoms on my weeping cherry tree :love:

:up: nice andrew

:ohmy: As opposed to bad Andrew?? :shifty:

:giggle:

Kim's clearly been away from the Superthread too long. She's over-using multiquote. :tsk:

Imagine that tracklisting:

City Of Blinding Lights
Native Son
Fast Cars, Xanax, and Wine
She's Gonna Blow Your House Down
All Because Of You
Love And Peace Or Else
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Original Of The Species
A Man And A Woman
Electrical Storm
Miracle Drug
Crumbs From Your Table
Smile
One Step Closer

I just never got the fuss about She's Gonna Blow Your House Down. It's boring as hell. I've probably listened to it about four times in my life.

Sure, Bono wouldn't want to ditch SYCMIOYO or OOTS, but they're both dreadful songs and should be discarded. OOTS sounds far too close to bad faux-motivational teen radio-friendly pop for my liking, and SYCMIOYO is a plodding snoozefest.

Well if OOTS was super stripped down, it wouldn't. And if SYCMIOYO was shorter. As for SGBYHD, of course I wouldn't want it released as it is. It'd have to be focused. You just don't like the drums cuz they're too "Larryonautopilot," like Spanish Eyes and All Along The Watchtower. :wink:

Anyway, I have to work early tomorrow as opposed to usually working in the afternoon. See ya! :wave:

Well if OOTS was super stripped down, it wouldn't. And if SYCMIOYO was shorter. As for SGBYHD, of course I wouldn't want it released as it is. It'd have to be focused. You just don't like the drums cuz they're too "Larryonautopilot," like Spanish Eyes and All Along The Watchtower. :wink:

OOTS would still have those terrible pseudo-motivational lyrics and dodgy piano line.

SGBYHD just doesn't stand out to me as a worthwhile demo at all. If we want to talk good stuff from Axtung Beibi, then let's talk Take You Down and I Feel Free - except they've become other songs already.

Kim's clearly been away from the Superthread too long. She's over-using multiquote. :tsk:

:tongue:

And now I'm going to organise the rubbish.

We're going to hijack our neighbours recycling bins tonight. Way too much recycling.

:yippie: It's Ians weekly exercise night!!!

weeping cherry tree? sounds kinda emo :hmm:

:lol: They're very pretty in blossom...pretty boring otherwise

It's probably going to take that long.

Don't worry, it'll be faster when you lose your virginity :yes:

We're not going to get to Whip Ma Whop Ma Gate in a hurry if you keep doing that, Kim. :tsk:

:giggle: I'm sorry, I'm multi-tasking tonight....something only us girls know about....:tongue: :evil:
:ohmy:
shlick.gif

can someone please tell me why i'm uploading at 52 kbps when i'm paying for upload speeds of 512 kbps?

Because you're not. You're paying for 512 kilobits per second, meaning that your maximum upload speed should be somewhere around 55 kilobytes per second. 52KB/sec sounds fair for 512k Internet (it's what I have; I normally upload at around 54-55KB/sec if I'm not doing anything else and have hit 56KB/sec before).

:giggle: I'm sorry, I'm multi-tasking tonight....something only us girls know about....:tongue: :evil:

You say that like you've never seen a blind guy photograph a tram while talking on the phone and navigating down a flight of stairs with a cane.

The excitng things I do with my life ...!

Because you're not. You're paying for 512 kilobits per second, meaning that your maximum upload speed should be somewhere around 55 kilobytes per second. 52KB/sec sounds fair for 512k Internet (it's what I have; I normally upload at around 54-55KB/sec if I'm not doing anything else and have hit 56KB/sec before).
:doh: yeah, i know about the whole bit/byte thing, but that's lame. i mean, when you see "kb" what do you think? kilobits? no. that's deceptive, but hey, what's new.

Evening Folks :wave:

I would just like to say, that I wasn't going to post here tonight. Because I want 2009 to be my year. But I've hit a postwhore vein, and I don't want to stop. There have been injuries, recoveries, and no babies born , that i know of.

I think 2009 would be a chance for me to re enter earths gravity again. I have what it takes, and I'm a post whore who's not ready to re-enter earths antmostphere until I've taken a big slice of the moon.

When I set out to post tonight, it was Larry who came up with a plan, not to post. But I said, "Fuck Off larry , I'm posting tonight" He put up this idea that he would fuck with everbody by not having me post. I said "For my own sake, not for my own purpose but I wanna see what I'm capable of"

I've hit a rich postwhoring vien. It gets a bit dark down here, but some of my posts are pure gems, not like an unwanted Christmas present. I thought a while back I my postwhoring might be wrapped up by now. By why stop postwhoring when there's more priceless posts to be made.

For now, we're keeping a promise they made to themselves when they started writing: ‘We said to each other that if we got to the great place then we wouldn’t stop…’

I have no doubts that it will be as important a superthread as any. ‘It’s a brand new chapter for us, and everyone we’ve been through so many threads already, it feels like another departure for screwtape.

The last two superthreads have been very personal. with kind of a three piece at their heart, the primary colours of postwhoring - Axver, SerenaVox and KhanderRohdes. But what we're about now is the same order as the transiition that took us from Ham and Bad Cheese Sandwich Islands to Last Train to Satansville, Pennsylvania.

Longtime postwhores André and Ian have joined the superthread at diffrent times. And more recently Serena. - usually a tell tale sign that a superthread is nearly done. "Serena Has that ear for a top line post, and a good whore" I'm always the one who underestimates how easy it is to simply 'put out a post' if it was up to me i'd be postwhoring every day!

But next year people will be able to start reading what we've been posting, we want 2009 to be our year, so we're going to start making an impression very early on.

:doh: yeah, i know about the whole bit/byte thing, but that's lame. i mean, when you see "kb" what do you think? kilobits? no. that's deceptive, but hey, what's new.

It's how you sell teh Intarwebz. :happy:

Have a good night! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom