Arrested Development

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
23 days until the next new episode :sigh:

got_edge said:
Well....the cast sounds like fun. I was referring to commentaries with the directors. Boooring.

Ah, yeah definitely. I'm all for commentaries involving cast members.

Why doesn't this set include an extra with original songs by David Schwarz? His music on the season 1 set is awesome :sad:

Season 1 love:

Milk01.png

"I Finished
the Milk.
Will Buy
More.

-George Michael"

Queen Bee said:

:grumpy:

What about Lupe and Buster's touching moment?

I think my hidden milk note is funnier.

For a second I thought there was a bra hanging on the wall of Buster's room. But it was actually teeth from his archaeological digs. HAR!

got_edge said:
For a second I thought there was a bra hanging on the wall of Buster's room. But it was actually teeth from his archaeological digs. HAR!

Haha, I just caught that on my second viewing. I love the small call-backs like that to season 1.

:heart: Continuity :heart:

Now if only they'd bring back J. Walter Weatherman...

got_edge said:
AHHHHHHHHH!

Did you notice Gary was filming "Tricks" ... let me finish... "Around the Office"

???????

Yes! I caught that on my first viewing. :kiss: Funny you mention that though. I was going to ask you if you noticed this vanity plate...

"Yes your following..."
drhouse.jpg

I don't know how the hell I missed that when that episode airred earlier this year.

Just started watching Arrested Development- alah my picking up Season 1 DVD! GREAT SHOW! The jokes, the characters, the style, Portia De Rossi (!)

I like the Soderbergh/ Wes Anderson thing going on (that's what I see).

BUT I can see why such a great show is having such problems getting the ratings that they want. The characters grow on you and its difficult for them to do so if you miss episodes or just jump right into the middle of the series IMO. Sad but true. I didn't realize/ understand the big deal about the show from just watching one episode (my first viewing was actually the episode when Buster left Lucille and found Carl Weathers with the other Lucille). You sort of need to get into the flow of the story to really appreciate it... especially b/c it is character driven and part of the appeal of the show IMO are the characters.

Great show and I'm in love!

Flying FuManchu said:
Just started watching Arrested Development- alah my picking up Season 1 DVD! GREAT SHOW! The jokes, the characters, the style, Portia De Rossi (!)

I like the Soderbergh/ Wes Anderson thing going on (that's what I see).

BUT I can see why such a great show is having such problems getting the ratings that they want. The characters grow on you and its difficult for them to do so if you miss episodes or just jump right into the middle of the series IMO. Sad but true. I didn't realize/ understand the big deal about the show from just watching one episode (my first viewing was actually the episode when Buster left Lucille and found Carl Weathers with the other Lucille). You sort of need to get into the flow of the story to really appreciate it... especially b/c it is character driven and part of the appeal of the show IMO are the characters.

Great show and I'm in love!

New blood :drool:

I'm glad you're loving the show!

How far are you into the first season? Who's your favorite character? Favorite episode? :hyper:

It's just the little, inexplicable things that really get me about this show. Episode 1 from this season, when Michael's Mom leaves his house after their initial awkward exchange, and the door closes....and Gob is behind the door.....for no reason, he's just there....that kills me. Yeah, there are a million funnier moments you can choose, but stuff like that never ceases to crack me up.

I will say that while I'm liking Season 3, you can tell there is a slight quality drop-off in the writing. A large amount of their staff writers from Seasons 1&2 jumped ship for other shows and more $$$ when their initial contracts were up. Season 3 is always an interesting year in Sit-Com land, just like a band's 2nd album is usually interesting to keep an eye, or ear, on.

Regardless, I'm still loving the show and praying it somehow finds a wider audience, but for a show with so many callbacks and such, it's a tough task.

"White Power"

"I'm...White"

I'm finishing up Season 1. Just finished the disappearing yacht episode. I think the funniest episode was the conjugal visit episode with the whole Daddy horny bit and I think Bob Oderkirk was in it as well. But they were all good with the first episode being the worst one relatively speaking. I think my favorite character so far is Michael overall. In terms of pure entertainment value - Gob though Tobias is always good too. Other times Lindsay is great too. Its hard to pick favorites though.

The word play is great especially how they slip stuff in under the radar, alah corn holing, etc. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom