Anus Superthread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #151
Refugee

Local Time: 09:50 PM
the Church owns everything.

That is all

goodnight

Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #152
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
Hello All.....I have one word for you guys...well two actually, actually make it three.

MUSE OWN LIVE!
I have three for you:

NO SHIT, DANIEL.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #153
Vocal parasite

Oh man, you know U2 were getting the girls during Lovetown. On 1989-09-23, they start AIWIY. All Bono has to do is sing "you say" and this absolutely insane cheer breaks out, it's just a massive din.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #154
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
They've been hanging out with Phail Collins since, I suppose.

U2. You know, I am sort of excited about the new album, but even if it does turn out to be good, I have noticed that I find Bono's voice - even when he is actually singing 'well' - to have a very grating, whiny layer over it at times nowadays. I might look for an example of what I mean, but I know that it's definitely in Wave of Sorrow. I am genuinely concerned about this.
Clearly. The gig opens with In God's Country --> All Along The Watchtower --> Bullet and it ROCKS SO FUCKING HARD. Wow, what a way to start a concert.

Don't say that with Peterrrrr around! Maybe it's the smoke sound? Actually, I think I'd really enjoy Wave Of Sorrow if it weren't for the ending, which feels too overdone and breathy. I know what you mean, though. Bono's voice today just isn't what it used to be and doesn't leave the same effect. Even something like Smile has a bit of a whiny layer in it that reduces its impact.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Oh man, you know U2 were getting the girls during Lovetown. On 1989-09-23, they start AIWIY. All Bono has to do is sing "you say" and this absolutely insane cheer breaks out, it's just a massive din.
Ooh, could I have that show? Is it decent quality? Oh yeah, we should figure out that trade thing too. I want to have the stuff around by the start of April.

And Axxo, U2 would not get the girls during Lovetown because they are Moral Sources of inspiration for us CXristians. Plus Bono (pbuh) was Married@!!!! So obviously he wouldnt have had s**x with anyone else!!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I have three for you:

NO SHIT, DANIEL.
Ohhh but they do. I just watched on our "big" tele with my good computer speakers.....Seriously felt like I was there, and rocking out like never before......man.....You have to get it

The only problem I have with it is some of the camera work, well not so much the camera work, but the way it was edited together......like there's A LOT of crowd shots.....but other than, bloody great dvd
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Geelong just got over the line too.

I think I have at least one tip right this week so far
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #158
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Not A muse Fan eh?....I think you either love them or loathe them. Or Just like Time Is Running Out and Starlight.
Got to admit Starlight is the only song on BHAR that I actually find enjoyable in studio form.

Loved Invincible live, though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Me too! Though it ended up surprisingly close.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #160
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Ooh, could I have that show? Is it decent quality? Oh yeah, we should figure out that trade thing too. I want to have the stuff around by the start of April.

And Axxo, U2 would not get the girls during Lovetown because they are Moral Sources of inspiration for us CXristians. Plus Bono (pbuh) was Married@!!!! So obviously he wouldnt have had s**x with anyone else!!
Alas, it's rather unspectacular quality at best. And I only have it in MP3, so that doesn't help much. I have most shows the band's ever done in MP3. And alright, I'll get onto finding those boots. If I don't have it done tomorrow, please yell at me.

And I forgot Bono's the Second Coming of Jeebus. Please forgive me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Got to admit Starlight is the only song on BHAR that I actually find enjoyable in studio form.

Loved Invincible live, though.
I love the new direction. And Can't wait for what is to come. Matt's been quoted as to saying basically releasing a few songs here and there , and the good ones make an album.

But Matt says a lot of shit......though he's about 1000% more believable than Bono.

However after watching them at Wembley, I've come to the conclusion I must see them in London on the next tour.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #162
Vocal parasite

Quote:

So Power's bounced back from being pummelled? Final score?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Clearly. The gig opens with In God's Country --> All Along The Watchtower --> Bullet and it ROCKS SO FUCKING HARD. Wow, what a way to start a concert.

Don't say that with Peterrrrr around! Maybe it's the smoke sound? Actually, I think I'd really enjoy Wave Of Sorrow if it weren't for the ending, which feels too overdone and breathy. I know what you mean, though. Bono's voice today just isn't what it used to be and doesn't leave the same effect. Even something like Smile has a bit of a whiny layer in it that reduces its impact.
Yeah I agree with you on WoS. I mean, maybe it would have worked if he'd recorded his stuff in '86 because his voice was basically sex at that time, but I really can't listen to it otherwise (That said, Desert of Our Love is now one of my top 10 or 15 U2 songs, I think).

Also fuck Peteeeerrrererererrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppprrerse
Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #164
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Ohhh but they do. I just watched on our "big" tele with my good computer speakers.....Seriously felt like I was there, and rocking out like never before......man.....You have to get it

The only problem I have with it is some of the camera work, well not so much the camera work, but the way it was edited together......like there's A LOT of crowd shots.....but other than, bloody great dvd
If I buy the DVD, I just have that shitty old TV. Maybe I should come pay you a visit in Shepp?

And I doubt the editing is nearly as bad as a Hamish Hamilton DVD!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

So Power's bounced back from being pummelled? Final score?
15.15 (105) to 14.12 (96).

Tags
superthread