Anime: Do you watch it? Which ones? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:17 AM
Watch Berserk, its so fucking good that it's worth the abrupt ending and there is talk of more episodes to come :Pray:

Evangelion; I would honestly say watch the series but avoid the movies like the plague. I consider myself fairly intelligent and able to understand most forms of symbolism and what not but that last movie completely fucked me up, it was like David Lynch to the 1000th power or something...

Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #17
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:17 AM
I have heard it described in similar terms...a similar anime is RahXephon...at the end of that I went straight to its Wikipedia entry to work out exactly what happened.

There will be four new Evangelion movies btw...a prequel, two set during the series, retelling the events and a new 'final' movie with the apparent true conclusion to the series....they are meant to be more understandable than the earlier movies and series, to give a more definitive account....I say it is likely they will make things even murkier.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #18
Refugee

The only anime I've ever enjoyed was when I was a kid and that was Robotech and this cartoon that was on my local ABC channel for only 13 episodes called Dragon Warrior. I really loved that. They were Americanized, though.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

I'm surprised you think Trigun had a good ending...because the manga was still going on when the series ended. I was soooooo sad at what happened to Wolfwood. I didn't think that happened in the manga, but it has been so long I can't remember.

Oh I forgot to mention I've seen Slayers.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:47 AM
HEY I din´t know that there were so much Anime watchers on Interference

Definetly Sailor mOon is my favourite apart... anything with magical girls or beautiful love hirtories
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 05:17 AM
2 Words Gundam Wing
Old 08-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

Lara Croft is the Count of Monte Cristo anime you refer to Gankutsuou? Where it is set in the future? and the artwork is sort of all a collage in a way? That was an awesome series....the artwork can hurt your eyes initially, tis very disconcerting...reminds me of an animated Klimt painting.

yes, i'm referring to gankutusuu! One of the best anime i've seen so far!! I downloaded from the internet japanese episodes+fansub.

X 1999 is great too.

yes, the artwork used for the anime was based on klimt painting.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #23
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^Really it was based on Klimt? Brilliant

Most obviously I guess Elfen Lied's opening sequence is based all around Klimt's paintings.

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
I'm surprised you think Trigun had a good ending...because the manga was still going on when the series ended. I was soooooo sad at what happened to Wolfwood. I didn't think that happened in the manga, but it has been so long I can't remember.
It didn't happen in the manga, but I kinda liked Wolfwood being killed off....sad but I liked it I generally thought it ended as well as it could given the manga not being finished.

Quote:
Originally posted by bonojr622 Words Gundam Wing
Surprisingly most people consider Gundam Wing the worst series out of all the other Gundams....it was the first anime I saw along with Dragonball Z....I loved it, but the politics of it confused me to no end.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #24
45:33

Local Time: 08:17 PM
Umm...

Dragonball Z??

Fuck I loved that show to death when it was on a few years ago. Every single waking morning was spent watching Pokemon and Dragonball Z. Those were the days

The only problem I had with it was when Goku used to power up to turn super saiyan. By the time he'd done it the episode was over.

And Pokemon was good before they started getting ridiculous. It's pathetic now. When it was just the 151 of them it was perfect.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Yes! An Anime thread! LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue!

Anyway, has anyone seen Jin-Roh? Absolutely awesome. Also, I'll be watching Paprika this Thursday, which is another film from Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers).
Old 08-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #26
Refugee

Trigun is awesome.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT
It didn't happen in the manga, but I kinda liked Wolfwood being killed off....sad but I liked it I generally thought it ended as well as it could given the manga not being finished.
Well, it was well written, well enough to make me cry. However, he was my favorite character of the series, so when his character was killed off I was *really* confused since I was reading some of the manga at the time.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:17 AM
I used to be such an anime nerd in middle school...I'm not so into it anymore, but Akira is still prolly my favourite movie of all time. So badass. Princess Mononoke is up there as well.

the best anime series would have to be Cowboy Bebop. Amazing, amazing stuff. Neon Genesis Evangelion is great too. I also enjoy silly shoujo things like Marmalade Boy, and of course as a kid I went nuts over Pokemon, Digimon, and even Yu-Gi-Oh.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #29
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

I recently watched Grave of the Fireflys and that may be the most depressing thing I have ever watched.

Triplets of Bellvue was very good.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 AM   #30
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^Watch Grave of the Fireflies in a room packed with girls...and reap the rewards...unfortunately I was too depressed afterwards to do anything...it sucks the will to live out of you...in a good way, not like having to watch Evan Almighty.

The Japanese excel at getting you down.