American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

From my own experience in another show's thread I accidentially gave away the show before everyone else (my excitement came over me) and got a ass-chewing by people who were on the west coast...

Really? :| I feel sorry for those people who believe it's okay to chew someone out over an AI "spoiler." Seriously people, stay away from the internet if you don't want to be spoiled. Yahoo always has it on their front page before the west coast has finished airing.

I agree with BC but Idol has long been about a gimmick or looks and not so much singing. :sigh: (see Sangya or Kellie Pickler :yuck: ) That being said, please America, send Kristy home. If next week is country week she may get to stay and send someone who does not deserve it home. :angry:

Bonochick said:
I like Jason in general, but not for American Idol. To me, American Idol should be finding someone who has an amazing voice. While other factors come into play, such as personality, this is ultimately a singing competition. I like that the contestants are allowed to play instruments this year, but I worry that it's too much of a crutch for Jason. If you take away his guitar on some of the songs he's used it on and just focus on his voice, the vocals aren't that impressive.

Like I said though, I like Jason in general. But he often seems more like a dude who should be strumming in a coffee shop, not performing for millions on American Idol.

I totally agree with you on this. I like Jason and his laidback, hippie vibe. But sometimes he gets lost on the huge AI stage, plus I wonder how he'll do when he's playing huge arenas on the tour. He's much more suited to coffehouse, clubs and small theaters. My alma mater has a very well-respected theater and I think Jason could really shine there.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Really? :| I feel sorry for those people who believe it's okay to chew someone out over an AI "spoiler." Seriously people, stay away from the internet if you don't want to be spoiled. Yahoo always has it on their front page before the west coast has finished airing.

I agree with BC but Idol has long been about a gimmick or looks and not so much singing. :sigh: (see Sangya or Kellie Pickler :yuck: ) That being said, please America, send Kristy home. If next week is country week she may get to stay and send someone who does not deserve it home. :angry:

the ass chewing didn't come from this show in particular.. it was another TV show...
Here, I was just trying to help out the person who posted the spoiler to spare them from possible negative posts in regards to that..

As Sicy said, it is just respectable that people wait until it airs on the west coast before posting the results..

WildHoneyAlways said:

I totally agree. If people are so into these shows and don't want to be spoiled, then wtf are they doing on message boards about the shows anyway? I'm on mountain time and I know what sites' home pages will have spoilers, so i stay away from them for a good hour before the show airs. But people coming to Interference and willfully clicking on a thread about the show is just asking to be spoiled.

To chime in. Personally I avoid all websites and message boards pertaining to the particular tv show I do not want to learn results from. Though sometimes I could give a toss and want to find out anyway:)

But regarding what is acceptable, I suppose that should come down to what the official policy is of this forum.

For the show....damn I'm surprised Syesha was in the bottom 3. I have a feeling that David A's (who I call Mickey Mouse for some reason) luck is going to run out soon. And is David Cook now become a front runner?? And who exactly are the front runners?

Slipstream said:
But regarding what is acceptable, I suppose that should come down to what the official policy is of this forum.

Yeah there's really no policy for this. I think people just need to be able to police themselves.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

David Cook is an unoriginal bastard :wink:

Let's say this: try to avoid saying specifically who got the boot until it's done on the west coast.

West coast people, try not to read the thread until it's done, unless you don't care about being spoiled.

:)

^I love this cat!

corianderstem said:
Let's say this: try to avoid saying specifically who got the boot until it's done on the west coast.

West coast people, try not to read the thread until it's done, unless you don't care about being spoiled.

:)

:up:

I also like how people do the invisible text thingy.

I didn't watch it until last night and had no trouble avoiding spoilers. I did not enter this thread, for starters.

I'll be looking forward to Simon ripping Jason if those are true...he's breaking one of the AI Commandments there.

Oh I know, but it's Simon, you know if Whitney Houston ever sang a song he'll be all over that.

But you're right, I could see it working.

If he would come up with his own arrangement of something I might start liking him again...

CTU2fan said:
If he would come up with his own arrangement of something I might start liking him again...

I just think it's kind of lame...they have all these "theme" weeks but David C just finds a song that fits the theme that somebody's done a "rock" cover of somewhere along the way and does that. The same with Kristy country-ing out songs every week. The whole theme idea is to show some versatility and yet this group this year seems to almost be cheating. It's not just David at all.

David C gives you the Nickelback version of something every week.
Kristy does a Leann Rimes-esque take on something every week.
Jason gives us a weekly dose of sappy crooning.
Ditto Brooke.
Ditto David A.

At least Chikeze had some balls (and look where it got him - maybe they're all just smart).

corianderstem said:
Since when did we start expecting Idols to do their own arrangements? :huh:

Since everyone started treating David as the Second Coming of Daughtry and going on and on about how "original" he is when he's simply doing lesser known versions of the original version of the song.

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

Since everyone started treating David as the second coming of Daughtry and going on and on about how "original" he is when he's simply doing lesser known versions of the original version of the song.

To be fair it's the idiot judges as much as anyone praising his "originality". I wonder whose idea it was to credit Cornell for the Billie Jean thing? Maybe David's...didn't want Chris Cornell spoonmanning all over his lilly ass :)

CTU2fan said:

To be fair it's the idiot judges as much as anyone praising his "originality". I wonder whose idea it was to credit Cornell for the Billie Jean thing? Maybe David's...didn't want Chris Cornell spoonmanning all over his lilly ass :)

I completely agree, and that's what I wanted to say in my last post. I don't think I did a very good job, though. I'm very frusturated with the high praise David C. is getting every week for his originality and uniqueness, when there is nothing original or unique about him. He sounds similar to the Nickleback/Hinder/Daughtry crap that is a sorry excuse for music. Jason and Brooke, for me, are far more unique, because they represent the singer/songwriter folk rock genre that is sadly missing from music today. I'd like to see them branch out a little more but they're so good and authentic at what they do, that I love them the way they are too.

I guess I'll be the lone soul over here in this corner who doesn't think it's a big deal and doesn't think David Cook should get all the flak for it.

I'm still baffled that people would think that any of the singers are taking credit for arrangements that, in most cases, they didn't do. Why isn't it a given that the singers aren't doing their own arrangements, unless it's announced as such? I mean, we ARE talking about American Idol. And the judges are given to hyperbole all the time.

The judges should tone it down a notch in these cases, but I don't think we need Ryan, the judges AND the singer having to say "... well, it wasn't my version, it was by so and so." Ryan saying "so and so's cover of ..." should be plenty.

Oh well. I'll keep on liking David (until he pisses me off or I grow tired of him - I don't care if the judges overpraise him, I still like what he's doing).

I wouldn't be surprised if they say something about the whole kerfuffle on show tonight. They usually acknowledge the scandalous rumblings - like last year with the whole "omg simon rolled his eyes when whats his name said something about the troops!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom