American Idol - Season 7 - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #421
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:44 AM
That's right sistah!

And the only person I remember singing it was Andy Williams. So.... take that!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #422
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

I thought Simon's parting words for Colton were a bit too harsh. Why the hell did he put him in the top 24 if he didn't think he had a career/chance in the music biz? He could have put Kyle thru, or even Josiah (who knows who else could have been in).
Except Simon was totally against putting him in the top 24. He did want Kyle. He was pretty harsh with Colton when he got sent through to the top 24 also.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #423
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

I thought Simon's parting words for Colton were a bit too harsh. Why the hell did he put him in the top 24 if he didn't think he had a career/chance in the music biz?
I agreed, but now...

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose

Except Simon was totally against putting him in the top 24. He did want Kyle. He was pretty harsh with Colton when he got sent through to the top 24 also.
...yes, you are correct. Still felt sorry for the kid though, that really had to sting.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #424
Refugee

Local Time: 01:44 PM
American Idol-The Top 24 Results

By the end of this episode the top 24 will be the top 20. Two guys and two girls will leave us. Of course, the elimination could be done in 10 minutes, and we could get on with the rest of our lives. But Idol being Idol, we’ll be treated to contestant montages in black and white slo-mo, cheesy group sings and a new music video featuring Paula Abdul.

First up is a brief montage featuring all of the top 24 and the DAUGHTRY! song, “What About Now?” Hmm, what about originality, DAUGHTRY!? We see our top 24 getting the star treatment. All I can say is, don’t get used to it. Before long, most of these people will be back to their dull, dreary lives just like the rest of us schmucks.

Now we’re up to the group sing. The boys are nattily attired in suits and ties. The girls look like they stole their outfits from Nancy Sinatra’s closet circa 1965. Well, except for Amanda “And then there’s Maude” Overmyer. Did she tick off an AI stylist? The maxi-vested outfit did not do her any favors. The top 24 tepidly and awkwardly sing more 60s hits like “Needles and Pins,” “Spanish Harlem” and “Bend Me, Shake Me.” This is supposed to be the most talented top 24 ever?

Finally, we get to the first elimination of the night. No big surprise, “Leif” Garret Haley is the first bootee. I guess Zac Efron’s “Tiger Beat” reign remains intact.

Now it’s time for the girls. Kristy Lee Cook and Amy Davis are brought forth. Amy can’t translate her hot looks into AI victory. During her sing out I notice she didn’t manage to find the notes she couldn’t find the prior night. She was this year’s Antonella Barba.

Speaking of not finding the notes, we’re up to a treat. Paula comes out of retirement to unveil her new video to the soon to be big hit, “Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow” featuring her Idol co-horts. The petite, ProTooled Paula shakes her moneymaker and wears some truly pitiful outfits. After the video, Simon says that Paula is every color in the universe. And so are her pills.

We’re back to the eliminations. Amanda Overmyer and Joanne Borgella are brought forth to the AI seal of fate. Once again, there are no surprises. Joanne is a goner. She sings “Say a Little Prayer” but even a big prayer wouldn’t have kept her on Idol.

Now it’s time for the final elimination. Chickezie Eze and Colton Berry are summoned. To me, it’s a toss up on who will be shown out. Colton was way too theatrical for my taste and Chickeze and his hideous suit did not impress the judges. In the end, Colton joins Garrett in non-Tiger Beat land. And just like his previous performance, Colton sings “Suspicious Minds” with a huge grin on his face.

So now we are left with 20 contestants, and it’s anyone’s guest who will survive after next week and who will be voted off. And I’m just glad my Idol eye candy, Luke Menard, is still in the competition.

And for your viewing pleasure, my sister, Julie, sent me this link. It’s a video her brother-in-law’s company made and sent to all of their clients. Curt (my sister’s brother-in-law) is the harmonica-playing Chewbacca. Personally, I think this song would make a great American Idol Season 7 Coronation song. Enjoy!!

http://www.iloveliquid9.com/Valentine/
Old 02-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #425
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:44 AM
I forgot how much I hated the overstuffed results show. It's so much easier to tape it and fast forward through everything BUT the actual results.

Group sings for the LOSE.

I think they got the boot-ees right.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #426
Refugee

Yep, i hate the results show too. There's like 4 minutes that are actually worth watching. The rest are recaps and stupid group songs. Plus, who wants to see 4 people sing the awful songs that got them booted off the show? If anybody liked the performances, they wouldn't have been booted. So WHY would we want to see them again?

It pays to have Tivo for this show. Fast Forward is my best friend!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #427
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose

Duly noted. I was thinking about poor Kyle last night, and after all the audition pimping he got (whereas we never saw Colton), he could have had that spot that apparently Paula & Randy gave to Colton. Why don't they listen to Simon He may come off harsh, but it's usually the truth.

I have TiVo. Maybe next week we can record the show and save 56 minutes of our life
Old 02-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #428
Blue Crack Distributor

Kyle was sweet, but to be honest, I don't think he was good enough to make it to the top 24. I'm surprised he lasted that long, actually.

If he'd made it through to the top 24, I think he would have been the next Sanjaya or Jon Peter Lewis - singer that is decent enough to like at first, and entertaining in that "aww, I like the dork" way, but lasting way beyond his time and growing increasingly more annoying as the weeks go on.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #429
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Kyle was on Ellen this morning. He sang, and I thought he sounded great. He also looks different. He has a new haircut, and the glasses were gone.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #430
Blue Crack Distributor

I figured if he made the cut, he would have had a makeover. I don't know if he was any better than Kyle or not, but when you put them all together to sing that limited "list" of songs from the 60s, most were 'meh' and a few shone. Those are the ones we'll be watching...
Old 02-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #431
Blue Crack Distributor

I found Carly Smithson's (formerly Hennessy) album online and am listening to it now.

It's pretty bad.

And this is coming who has a really high tolerance for radio-friendly pop music.

(Although I'm having a little knowing chuckle that the album contains the song "Just Missed the Train," which was also on the debut album by ... guess who? Kelly Clarkson.)

That being said, I'm still rooting for her. At this point, I'm rooting her because the poor girl is getting so much backlash.

And you know what's interesting? (And by interesting, I mean really stinking annoying?) I don't see people making the same snarky comments or bitching about Michael Johns, who also had a big shot at the music world prior to the show.

I guess it's okay if he's all cute and sexy and stuff.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #432
War Child

Local Time: 08:44 AM
^
Old 02-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #433
Blue Crack Distributor

from MJsbigblog...

Idol Headlines for 2/24/08
Published by mj February 24th, 2008 in American Idol and Headlines.
Simon Cowell expresses misgivings over the early ejection of one of AI 2008’s lightning rods

“American Idol” host Simon Cowell said that Josiah Leming, the weepy young hopeful who quickly became a lightning rod for the media and AI fans should probably not have been kept out of the 12 final male contestants.

Hollywood Today caught up with Cowell and co-judge Randy Jackson at a Playboy Mansion party for Hotel Byblos, a St. Tropez resort and nightclub hotspot currently doing a promotional soiree tour for its 40th Anniversary. He didn’t want to do an interview at the social occasion but he did tell our reporter that he had misgivings about Josiah getting the boot after the audition phase. “We should have let him go through. It was not my decision and I don’t think we should have had him leave so early.”
Old 02-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #434
Blue Crack Distributor

Meh, I'm glad he didn't make it into the top 24. Plus, all the exposure he got is sure to give him a much-needed boost, without having to potentially get roped into an Idol contract and singing shitty songs for the rest of his young life.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #435
Blue Crack Distributor

True, but did Colton even deserve to be there?

Oh, and from many many pages back, in regards to Blake's CD, Maddy has it as well - I think she likes it!