American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh, that was kind of an odd comment from your husband, beli...

Anywho, I bet it's gonna come down to Fantasia and Diana (there's still a chance for a black person to win so long as Fantasia sticks around. Besides, Ruben won last year, and he's a black singer). As for predicting who will actually win, though...I'm not so sure. Diana's certainly got a good chance, but a lot of people do seem to like Fantasia, too, so...:shrug:. Who knows.

I just can't believe that in about a week and a half we'll have our next American idol announced. Man, this season went by fast.

Angela

Hey, yeah, I guess I know my husband so I didnt think. His girlfriend before me was black and he has been out with just about every other colour of girl as well. There are no boundaries. Hes a boy. :rolleyes:

Whos Ruben? I thought that annoying Clay person won last year. The only one of the American Idols that have had any hits down here is Kelly.

beli said:
Whos Ruben? I thought that annoying Clay person won last year.

Ruben was the winner of last year's show-Clay was the runner-up. I know it sure seems like he won, though, 'cause he's been getting much more attention than Ruben this past year.

Originally posted by beli
The only one of the American Idols that have had any hits down here is Kelly.

Oh, yeah? Yeah, she was pretty popular here, too.

Angela

Oh we have the same situation here. Guy won but Shannon gets all the airplay, publicity etc. Anybody would think Shannon won.

Kelly doesnt have any hits anymore though. I personally didnt like her songs. Too bland for me.

beli said:
Oh we have the same situation here. Guy won but Shannon gets all the airplay, publicity etc. Anybody would think Shannon won.

LOL, yeah, it's kinda funny, isn't it? A lot of people, looking back now, keep saying that Clay really should have won last year-perhaps that's why he's gotten so much more attention. There was even talk about the voting being fixed or messed up in some other form or something from last year-it was all crazy. Was that the case with the people where you are?

Kinda makes some voters from last year feel good, huh? "Well, I voted for so-and-so and he won, but the other one's getting more attention, so apparently my vote doesn't really matter".

My sister's a big Clay fan, though, so she's pretty happy with all the attention he gets. He's coming to the fair in our old town later this year, and we're planning on taking her up there to see him.

Kelly doesnt have any hits anymore though. I personally didnt like her songs. Too bland for me.

Yeah, I couldn't get into her much, either. And her songs got SO OVERPLAYED, too. When "A Moment Like This" and "Miss Independent" were at their most popular here, I couldn't turn anywhere without hearing those songs, and the stations played them like, two or three times within one hour alone. It eventually got to the point where I just went, "Aaaargh!" and changed the station each time they were on (unless my sister was in the room or car or whatever, in which case, I had to leave it there because she liked those songs).

Angela

There wasnt any vote rigging allegations, not with Idol anyway. There has been with just about everyother reality show. Guy does have the better voice, hes just bland. He needs someone to pick better songs for him.

Shannon is very Australian. And he really cant sing. Not that thats ever held a pop star back before :lol:

That Miss Independant song. Puke. Gawd she likes to scream. Oh well, at least the 3 girls that are left on American Idol arent screamers. Yah!

beli said:
There wasnt any vote rigging allegations, not with Idol anyway. There has been with just about everyother reality show.

Yeah, they've always gotta have some controversy or something somewhere-keeps people watching. :).

Guy does have the better voice, hes just bland. He needs someone to pick better songs for him.

Understandable.

Shannon is very Australian. And he really cant sing. Not that thats ever held a pop star back before :lol:

LOL, no kidding.

That Miss Independant song. Puke. Gawd she likes to scream.

Hehe, yeah. Screaming out a song doesn't automatically mean you're a good singer (something some of the people who auditioned for this year would've done well to note).

Oh well, at least the 3 girls that are left on American Idol arent screamers. Yah!

Yeah, at least there's that. At least they can control their voices (and even though Jasmine's had some off nights, she's still got a good voice-I'm envious of her and Diana, they're both younger than me and sing better than I do! LOL). :).

Angela

I am surprised Jasmine made it this far, and yes I would say the whole state of Hawaii is voting for her. Latonya should have made it to the final. I cannot get excited over Fantasia. :|

I don't think Jasmine'll be around next week, personally. Yes, the whole state of Hawaii may be voting for her, but...I dunno, I just don't see her sticking around for the final show next week.

I do feel kinda bad for her, though. She didn't do a good job tonight overall (her first song was probably the best of them all), but she seems like such a nice girl, and I just feel kinda bad for her.

I have to say, Fantasia really impressed me tonight. I thought she was the best of the three.

Meh. Tomorrow night will be interesting, as always.

Angela

Justified said:
I am surprised Jasmine made it this far, and yes I would say the whole state of Hawaii is voting for her. Latonya should have made it to the final. I cannot get excited over Fantasia. :|

Same here :slant:

Yeah Jasmine should definitely be outta there! Fantasia did an awesome job but like ya'll said...I can't get excited about her winning...I think it's just cos she's so ghetto LOL :shrug:

Fantasia excites me...Jasmine and Diana don't. Diana has a good voice, but her performances often seem cheesy to me. If Diana or Jasmine release an album, I won't be interested.

Fantasia is IT. She's a natural, she's real, she connects with the music and the audience, she's comfortable in her skin, she's got charisma and a spark in her eyes. The other two are just going through the motions -- granted, as best they can for their age, but they simply do not have anything close to resembling star quality or charisma. Fantasia is a star, win or lose. The other two we may never see much of again, even if one of them won which would be really stupid.

Have you heard the latest scandal? They're accusing people who hate the show of voting off the fans' favorite as a joke. Could be. If the voting was online there would be even more of a possibility of ballot box stuffing and joke voting.

BluberryPoptart said:
Have you heard the latest scandal? They're accusing people who hate the show of voting off the fans' favorite as a joke. Could be. If the voting was online there would be even more of a possibility of ballot box stuffing and joke voting.

Oh, boy.

I heard that last night, people in Alaska tried calling, and only one person in the entire state actually had their vote go through. It was a vote for Diana. Everyone else in that state who tried calling got a thing saying "Call failed" or something along that line. That's pretty odd, too.

Seriously, I really hope this show changes its voting system next year. These controversies surrounding the voting system are just crazy.

As for tonight's show...the right person left. Last night just wasn't the best night for Jasmine. I still like her, though-she really does seem like a sweet girl. Good luck to her in whatever else she may decide to get into. And you can definitely tell all three girls had a strong friendship going from the way they were all acting when it was announced that Jasmine would be leaving.

Heh, I know that her state's gonna be awfully sad about her losing, though...my god, the support she had in Hawaii was just...wow (how cool would it be, by the way, to have a day dedicated to you when you're the tender age of 17?).

Also, maybe it's just me, but I don't see why that Guy Sebastian person is so popular. I don't think his voice is that great, personally. But...:shrug:. Whatever.

Anywho, so...Fantasia and Diana duke it out next week. I look forward to seeing that show. :).

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

Also, maybe it's just me, but I don't see why that Guy Sebastian person is so popular. I don't think his voice is that great, personally. But...:shrug:. Whatever.

Have you heard him the USA? Hes sunk without trace here in Oz.

I still see Mr. Sebastian's videos here in Singapore

don't like him really. nice voice. terrible song. granted i've only heard the one, but something tells me i've already heard all the others.

I didnt see anything great about Sebastian.

I think Fantasia is going to win this.. though I like Diana better.

I like both of them but I think there's no contest, that Fantasia will win.

altho, if anything this season is unpredictable!

Sicy said:
I didnt see anything great about Sebastian.

He wasnt/isnt. He was just tonnes better than the runner up Shannon. According to me any way. The mousy temp Im training completely flew off the handle yesterday when I suggested this, which is good, cause I was wondering if she could talk at all. :up:

Back
Top Bottom