American Idol 6 - Part 4 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #106
War Child

Local Time: 06:41 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Melinda is sooooo boring. Yup she can sing and she can sing well but would I pay to see her in concert? Ummm no. She is not poppy she is more R&B and soul and we have seen how that well that works for former idol winners...aka Ruben and Fantasia (and no being on Broadway is not the same as being Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood). All I am saying is that season is going to be another season where the winner does nothing...unless it is Blake and that is a snowballs chance in hell. Yeah Melinda is good but I have seen it before...snore.
Now Jordin-I can see her in the top 40-cute young with amazing pipes. More of what AI 'looks' for I guess. I dunno-I guess I am just getting sick of investing time and voting effort into this show only to have nothing come out of it. Thank you very much Taylor Hicks!!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #107
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

but then, as a gay man, i think it states in my contract that i must love big, busty african-american women who sing like a thunderstorm.
That is amazing! Gay men=

Aside from that pesky no-sex thing....I wanna marry a gay man. *going now*

Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #108
Refugee

Local Time: 10:41 AM
AI Recaps-May 2nd
The Results

This week the Idol boot comes in pairs, and two Idol hopefuls will be no more. Paula, KiKi, and Jordin are apparently wearing dresses made out of the drapes found at the house of Liberace. And what is up with Ryan’s hair? It’s not its usual fluffed and folded self.

What can take only five minutes, getting rid of two contestants, needs to be stretched to fill an hour. So at first we get a re-hash of Tuesday’s night performances, including KiKi getting her Wet n’ Wild all over Simon. And when I say Wet n’ Wild, I mean her lipstick. Get your minds out of the gutter, kids.

We also get a replay of last week’s extravaganza “Idol Gives Back.,” along with other related tidbits.

Robin Thicke comes by to perform. Wow, I remember when he went just by Thicke. But you got to give Robin his props. His dad, Alan Thicke, wrote the theme song to “The Facts of Life.” Yes, the same Alan Thicke from the 80s sitcom “Growing Pains.” Sometimes it scares me the trivial information that fills my brain. No wonder high school geometry was beyond me.

Finally we get to some results. Melinda, Phil, and KiKi are called to the front of the class. Melinda is safe. KiKi is safe. That means Phil is the first Idol bootee of the night. I liked Phil the past few weeks, and I thought he was one of the best on Tuesday night. I guess he never gained the fanbase to keep him going. Well, it’s better to go down in a blaze of glory rather than a mewling whimper.

After Phil’s sing out, Jordin is announced safe. I thought this might be Jordin’s swan song, but she probably squeaked by on her past performances, not Tuesday’s night performance, which was rather onerous. I definitely believe she’s got a strong fan base that’s keeping her in the competition.

That leaves Chris and Blake. Who will it be? Of course, Idol has other business to get to, like Bon Jovi performing. Other than his hair being a lot less poodle-ish (all of our hair got smaller once the 80s ended), Jon Bon Jovi has not aged a bit. I guess he has a rapidly aging portrait hidden somewhere in his New Jersey mansion. Anyway, Bon Jovi has never been my rock and roll cup of tea so I’m assuming they’re playing a song from their new album “Lost Highway.” After the performance, Jon says some nice things about the contestants, but doesn’t dare say who he thinks is leaving (or admits who he wishes was leaving).

Blake and Chris hit the AI of seal of failure. Aww, feel the love between the two. Much to my relief Blake is announced safe, and Chris is the second of the night to get the Idol Boot. Ladies and gentlemen, Nasal has left the building. Wanted: Dead or Alive? Face it, Chris; you’re just not wanted.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

Idol has other business to get to, like Bon Jovi performing. Other than his hair being a lot less poodle-ish (all of our hair got smaller once the 80s ended), Jon Bon Jovi has not aged a bit. I guess he has a rapidly aging portrait hidden somewhere in his New Jersey mansion.

You wouldn't even know he was old enough to be their father!

This comment is not for me but for my daughter. She thought it was awful how Phil got rushed out in the middle of the show and didn't get an official goodbye like all the rest had. Couldn't they have at least brought him back at the end with poor Chris?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Phil got an official goodbye, didn't he? He got the "clip show" goodbye, with his journey through Idol, and he got to sing his song, and then they all hugged him as he belted out those last few notes.

Honestly, I was happy to see him go just so I could hear him belt out that chorus again. Loved those power notes!

As for Fantasia and Ruben not selling all that well, I wonder if it's just that they aren't as good in their own genre?

Maybe country fans and pop fans thought Carrie and Kelly were good enough to buy a zillion of their records, but did R&B fans not find Fantasia and Ruben good enough to be successful in that genre?

I think they were both good enough to win their respective seasons of Idol, but maybe their success outside the show is determined by their genre.

Not sure where I'd put Taylor in all of that. I know he's not selling as well as past Idols. (Although I picked up his CD from the library a few weeks ago, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I like nice little surprises. )
Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:41 AM
LaKisha and Melinda seem practically interchangeable to me. Great voices, but no distinguishing characteristics to make either of them stand out as creative, interesting individuals. I don't honestly see what draws people to one of them more than the other. They could probably wear the same clothes, sing the same songs, etc. Jordin at least has a spark of individuality but she's too inconsistent.

So the way I see it, there are 3 singers and 1 artist left. Probably a singer should win but I'll still vote for Blake since I can see him writing, producing, and being very involved in the process. He has the most talent, IMO.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #112
Refugee

Quote:
i like Lakisha, and i hope she's in at least the top 2 (i'd say Melinda is a near lock at this point), but that's because she almost moved me to tears months ago when she did "and i am telling you i'm not going."

but then, as a gay man, i think it states in my contract that i must love big, busty african-american women who sing like a thunderstorm.
Isn't loving big, busty african-american women who sing like a thunderstorm a part of the Gay Ten Commandments?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #113
Blue Crack Distributor

I think Melinda is a much better singer than Lakisha, and is a better performer to boot.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #114
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

Isn't loving big, busty african-american women who sing like a thunderstorm a part of the Gay Ten Commandments?

i believe so. if i violate one, i'm in breach of my contract and i have to date a woman for a year.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #115
Refugee

Quote:

i believe so. if i violate one, i'm in breach of my contract and i have to date a woman for a year.
Well if you do, give me a call!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #116
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I'll fight you for him!

*fluffs hair*

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #117
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
Am I the only one who thinks Melinda is sooooo boring. Yup she can sing and she can sing well but would I pay to see her in concert? Ummm no. She is not poppy she is more R&B and soul and we have seen how that well that works for former idol winners...aka Ruben and Fantasia (and no being on Broadway is not the same as being Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood). All I am saying is that season is going to be another season where the winner does nothing...unless it is Blake and that is a snowballs chance in hell. Yeah Melinda is good but I have seen it before...snore.
Now Jordin-I can see her in the top 40-cute young with amazing pipes. More of what AI 'looks' for I guess. I dunno-I guess I am just getting sick of investing time and voting effort into this show only to have nothing come out of it. Thank you very much Taylor Hicks!!
I agree 100%. I was bored with Melinda and Lakisha at about week 3 or 4. While i do think Melinda is more solid as a singer, it doesn't really matter, because neither of them has what it takes to make it huge beyond AI. I agree Blake and Jordin are the only ones who have a chance of selling alot of records. Even though Jordin is not as polished as Melinda, it doesn't matter. At this point I'm sick of them too. This season has been lackluster, to say the least. The only good thing about it, is that there is no clear-cut winner. It's a 3-way race for 1st and we've never seen that on AI before.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv

I agree 100%. I was bored with Melinda and Lakisha at about week 3 or 4. While i do think Melinda is more solid as a singer, it doesn't really matter, because neither of them has what it takes to make it huge beyond AI. I agree Blake and Jordin are the only ones who have a chance of selling alot of records. Even though Jordin is not as polished as Melinda, it doesn't matter. At this point I'm sick of them too. This season has been lackluster, to say the least. The only good thing about it, is that there is no clear-cut winner. It's a 3-way race for 1st and we've never seen that on AI before.
I agree. If Blake gets voted off, I won't even bother to watch the rest of it because the women are so bland to me. The men weren't all that interesting either but I genuinely like Blake although that doesn't necessarily mean I'd buy a record...but I might. Very lackluster season indeed.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Nothing wrong with being a back up singer
if you got good pipes

and we know there are plenty of artists
that are great and really aren't good technical singers

they would never get through this week in and week out karaoke type competition

Hey, this is American Idol

don't look for the likes of a lou reed, beck or even an Antony (and the Johnsons) or an Amy Winehouse to come from this type of selection process.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life

Has anyone heard Kelly Clarkson's new single, "Never Again" yet? I ordered it on iTunes last week. It's amazing. That girl is too damn awesome for her own good. It's such a great guy-bashing song!