American Idol 6 - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:grumpy: No tour until January?!?!?!?!

I can't wait:drool:

Last year, I baby-sat for my Physics teacher and Nutrition teacher who are married, when they went to the Bon Jovi show. She's in love with him. That was a whole new side to Mrs. Douglas.:laugh:

So did they combine this week's vote totals with last week's? Or did they just take the bottom two using this week's totals?

Oh, Phil. You were so good last night. Too bad it didn't make up for so many past offences, including looking creepy.

U2isthebest said:
:grumpy: No tour until January?!?!?!?!

I can't wait:drool:

Last year, I baby-sat for my Physics teacher and Nutrition teacher who are married, when they went to the Bon Jovi show. She's in love with him. That was a whole new side to Mrs. Douglas.:laugh:

Come to NY! 10 shows in NJ before the tour at the new Prudential center arena in October :drool:

And I love Mrs. Douglas!

one4u2 said:

Come to NY! 10 shows in NJ before the tour at the new Prudential center arena in October :drool:

And I love Mrs. Douglas!

I'll be in school then.:sad:

You love my Nutrition teacher? She'd be pleased to hear that. I need to go visit my high school. Those 11 long months since graduation have dragged.:lmao:

corianderstem said:
Oh, Phil. You were so good last night. Too bad it didn't make up for so many past offences, including looking creepy.

creepy? poor thing, he can't help being undead.

corianderstem said:
So did they combine this week's vote totals with last week's? Or did they just take the bottom two using this week's totals?

They combined this week's and last week's. I think Ryan mentioned that last week.....at that point I was too excited about Bono to pay attention:lol:

I'm not a fan of the show but my kids are. I liked Chris because he's local. I thought Phil should have been gone weeks ago.

Interesting they have 3 full figured girls in the final 4 considering the controversy over Frenchie, Antonia and 'weightism' earlier eh?;)

U2Kitten said:
I'm not a fan of the show but my kids are. I liked Chris because he's local. I thought Phil should have been gone weeks ago.

Interesting they have 3 full figured girls in the final 4 considering the controversy over Frenchie earlier eh?;)

Frenchie was kicked off for not disclosing that she'd posed nude. I don't think it had anything to do with her weight. After all, America had nothing to do with her being voted off. That was the producers' decision. If America isn't completely fucked in the head, the people who are the most talented should be in the competition. All 3 of these girls are great vocalists and performers, so it would be foolish for America to vote them off. Crappier things have happened on this show though.

Wait....who's Antonia?:eyebrow:

U2isthebest said:

Frenchie was kicked off for not disclosing that she'd posed nude. I don't think it had anything to do with her weight. After all, America had nothing to do with her being voted off. That was the producers' decision. If America isn't completely fucked in the head, the people who are the most talented should be in the competition. All 3 of these girls are great vocalists and performers, so it would be foolish for America to vote them off. Crappier things have happened on this show though.

Wait....who's Antonia?:eyebrow:

Who could forget Antonia? She was the girl who didn't get kicked off when it was revealed she posed suggestively because it was her boyfriend who put her online not herself. But Rosie O'Donnell and others said she got to stay and not Frenchie because Frenchie was fat and Antonia was slim. Now mind you I DO NOT believe that AT ALL but I am only saying it seems like the show has gone out of its way to patronize the heavy girls since then. Remember how Simon used to always tell girls to lose weight even if they weren't that fat. Now personally I think it's terrible and gives girls low self esteem so I'm not even saying that I was just pointing out what happened earlier on the show. The last thing I want to do is get everyone on my case in this thread. For goodness sakes I don't even like the show. It was an attempt at a joke that obviously failed. Forget it.

U2Kitten said:

Who could forget Antonia? She was the girl who didn't get kicked off when it was revealed she posed suggestively because it was her boyfriend who put her online not herself. But Rosie O'Donnell and others said she got to stay and not Frenchie because Frenchie was fat and Antonia was slim. Now mind you I DO NOT believe that AT ALL but I am only saying it seems like the show has gone out of its way to patronize the heavy girls since then. Remember how Simon used to always tell girls to lose weight even if they weren't that fat. Now personally I think it's terrible and gives girls low self esteem so I'm not even saying that I was just pointing out what happened earlier on the show. The last thing I want to do is get everyone on my case in this thread. For goodness sakes I don't even like the show. Forget it.

Oh, you mean Antonella. Sorry, I thought maybe you were referring to someone from an earlier season that I forgot. Also, I heard the reason Antonella wasn't actually kicked off was because those pictures were meant to be kept private and one of her "friends" leaked them. Frenchie posed for that site fully intending for them to be viewed by the public. That was the excuse anyway. I was just trying to confirm what you meant.

corianderstem said:
No one's on your case.

I think the confusion was because her name was Antonella.

See I told you I didn't watch the show :der:

Very sorry to have disturbed the thread. Please carry on.

Last edited:
See, now I wish I could make Antonella disappear from my head! But no, there she is, right in the pop culture part of my brain. Le sigh.

The only times I don't like Simon are when he makes a comment about some girl's weight. It's so unnecessary.

Particularly when you had Ruben on the show, and he was bigger than any of the women that have been on. Not one word about his weight.

(But then Simon winks at someone and calls them "sweetheart" with a smile, and I love him again. I'm so weak. :reject: )

U2Kitten said:

Interesting they have 3 full figured girls in the final 4 considering the controversy over Frenchie, Antonia and 'weightism' earlier eh?;)

My guess is that
you have a bunch of "Ashleys" (crying girl)
power voting

they tend to vote for the guys
and against the more attractive girls.

(edited to remove a sentence that didn't even make sense)

I have to say, I'm happy with the bottom 4. Lakisha's not my favorite, but there's no one I think should be there instead of her.

I'll be bummed if Lakisha makes it further over someone else, but not horribly upset.

Back
Top Bottom