American Idol 6 - Part 4 - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #361
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 03:16 PM
I am curious about this show on the international airwaves. Is this show "American Idol" not Pop Idol or various country versions popular overseas? Are people outside the US really into our American Idol?

Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #362
ONE
love, blood, life

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Old 05-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #363
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:16 PM
It went as I suspected it will go. I think Jordin and Blake will both do well. Enjoyed the songs and such. I actually found the finale a bit boring .
Old 05-24-2007, 12:37 AM   #364
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Thank the Lord that's over with finally!

Now Jordin can get stuck with the AI people while the rest can finally do their own thing.

Peace out!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:59 AM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
I am curious about this show on the international airwaves. Is this show "American Idol" not Pop Idol or various country versions popular overseas? Are people outside the US really into our American Idol?
In Canada, we get both, American Idol and Canadian Idol. I watched about one and a half seasons of AI, back in the Clay Aiken/Fantasia days, before tuning into Canadian Idol for the first time. I haven't watched AI since, because IMO, it pales in comparison to ours. Also IMO, yours represents everything that's wrong with music these days, the whole manufactured aspect of it. Too many R & B diva-types for my liking, music-lite, if you will. I think we generally get a wider range of genres represented, and the competitors aren't forced into the cookie-cutter image of an Idol performer to the degree that they are on AI. Also, our judges are better, for the most part. Although we do have one pissy, speak-your-mind Simon type, even he offers more constructive criticism that the AI judges do.

As far as your other question goes, yes, I think that AI does get a lot of attention here.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:17 AM   #366
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2morrow
What the hell is with Bette Midler? Sounds horrendous.
Yeah that's what I said!

I LOVED the Blake / Doug E. Fresh duet. that was way
Old 05-24-2007, 01:26 AM   #367
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Yeah that's what I said!

Bette was horrible. Wasn't crazy about Kelly's first song - she was shouting it Much better doing Sgt. Pepper.

We needed more Blake tonight

It seemed so... anti-climatic

And what was with all the previous idols not only singing their own song, but basically doing the whole Beatles medley as well. That should have been more of the group sing than just the one 'With A Little Help From My Friends'.

Oh, and I liked Green Day as well 'Working Class Hero'
Old 05-24-2007, 02:31 AM   #368
Refugee

Just when I thought this was the worst season of AI ever, Taylor Hicks appeared and I was reminded that it could (and did) get worse.

Bette Midler was awful. If she's trying to promote her new Vegas show, I'm thinking she's not gonna sell many tickets sounding like that!

Did they really need to bring back Bush Baby and his friend? And then to show a picture of an actual bush baby and say they donated it to a zoo? WTF was that all about? I thought it was tacky!

I have to admit I enjoyed seeing Sanjaya again. Reminded me of when this season was actually exciting!

WTF is up with all these old-time stars? Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Tony Bennett, Bette Midler?

Kelly and Carrie are definitely in a different league than all the other winners.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #369
Blue Crack Addict

So I think I screwed my DVR up. I paused to let the dog out after Sgt. Pepper's, but instead of pausing it stopped. When I returned Seacrest was handing the mic to the next American Idol. What happened? What did I miss? Did they have Blake and Jordin onstage together and have a drum roll moment of announcing the winner?

I'm so annoyed I sat through the whole damn thing and then screwed up the end!

Poor Bette. She's lost her voice and doesn't seem to know it. Once upon a time, she had the most amazing voice.

How did Gwen become famous again? What the hell happened to her? Where is the cute girl and funky band I fell in love with for one song, "Don't Speak"??

I didn't see AI during Kelly's season but man, she's a knockout.

I was hoping Constantine would sing.

These are my morning after thoughts.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 AM   #370
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv

Did they really need to bring back Bush Baby and his friend? And then to show a picture of an actual bush baby and say they donated it to a zoo? WTF was that all about? I thought it was tacky!

OMG! I totally agree. They gave poor bush baby some lines to say too..it was uncomfortable to watch....even Simon seemed embarrassed when they put the picture of the actual bush baby on the screen! seemed a bit harsh for the sake of a laugh
Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #371
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't even watch it, I had to watch Lost. I peeked during some of the commercials and I saw Kelly Clarkson all pissed off
Old 05-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #372
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Definite highlight of the night!!!! Well, that and Taylor Hicks. You know I love me some Taylor! I really like that song too, much better than his first single.

They were saying on the news that Blake's routine with Doug E. Fresh was the only number during the show that had the audience standing the whole time. Everybody is saying that was the highlight. The problem though? That is NOT American Idol stuff. That just goes to show how boring this season was, since something very un-American Idol is what got people excited.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #373
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
watched for the first hour then switched over to Lost. I came back during the commercials. I thought the finale was lame. those dumb awards for the bad audition people...was that really necessary? let's humiliate these people some more and give them more screen time...good idea. Big Bird it could have easily been an hour. I did like Kelly's performance though. her new song has been on the radio and it was annoying, but I really liked it when she sang it live last night. angry Kelly

I will miss Blake, although this season wasn't that exciting to begin with.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #374
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
I did like Kelly's performance though. her new song has been on the radio and it was annoying, but I really liked it when she sang it live last night. angry Kelly
I agree! I haven't cared much for that song when I've heard it on the radio, but I'm thinking a little better of it after that performance.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #375
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
So I think I screwed my DVR up. I paused to let the dog out after Sgt. Pepper's, but instead of pausing it stopped. When I returned Seacrest was handing the mic to the next American Idol. What happened? What did I miss? Did they have Blake and Jordin onstage together and have a drum roll moment of announcing the winner?

I'm so annoyed I sat through the whole damn thing and then screwed up the end!

Poor Bette. She's lost her voice and doesn't seem to know it. Once upon a time, she had the most amazing voice.

How did Gwen become famous again? What the hell happened to her? Where is the cute girl and funky band I fell in love with for one song, "Don't Speak"??

I didn't see AI during Kelly's season but man, she's a knockout.

I was hoping Constantine would sing.

These are my morning after thoughts.
I had the exact same dvr issues myself. I sat thru the whole lame ass show and at the end. I walk away from the tv and come back and it's jordin singing.. wtf????? I tried to rewind..but ugh...nada.. So I missed the end.. I guess it has something to do with the fact that the show went over the end time.