American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Sanjaya does sort of look like Marc Anthony, or at least they share a vaguely similar slightly creepy vibe :wink:

I read something about the African girl saying that Simon needed a manzierre, it figures that I missed the best AI episode of the season. Just goes to show that man boobs are universal :D

Last edited:
Dismantled said:
When is creepy Phil going to get booted:angry:

and how many more nights are we going to have to watch Sunjaya woooo 12 year olds:barf:....and was he TRYING too look like Marc Anthony?!

hey, I'm 12 and I think Sanjaya shouldnt have made it past the top, maybe, 50??? :sick:

:wink: the facial hair has GOTTA go!

I'm glad Haley was booted. She deserved to go...finally. And Simon's moobs were the highlight of the night :lol: Caroline is my idol!!

Oh, it'll happen. I can't wait to see people's heads explode - the people who still actually believe Idol is purely a singing competition.

(Lakisha's actually been a little boring for me, anyway. She's got a really good voice, but I prefer Melinda.)

I think Lakisha has got a good voice for that Aretha Franklin style vocals but she's not really that great in other genres.

corianderstem said:
Oh, it'll happen. I can't wait to see people's heads explode - the people who still actually believe Idol is purely a singing competition.

(Lakisha's actually been a little boring for me, anyway. She's got a really good voice, but I prefer Melinda.)

Oh yeah my head will be the first to go...hey here's a fun game, how do you guys see the eliminations going between now & the final? I've got this...

7. Phil
6. Chris R
5. LaKisha
4. Sanjaya
3. Melinda
2. Jordin
1. Blake (winner)

Not too sure about Blake winning but I'd bet money on having the top 3 correct. The only thing I could see changing that is if the whole Sanjaya thing really takes off and more people hop on the IfSanjayaWins/Votefortheworst bandwagon...what if he really DID win? Then I think Simon's head would explode. I almost hope he does, just to see everyone's reaction...

I think that's a reasonable prediction of how the rest will go. I'm torn between wanting to see Melinda actually win, and wanting her to get booted so she's not so heavily tied into the Idol claptrap.

And yeah, another tiny, evil part of me wants to see Sanjaya win so the producers get so pissed off they tweak the Idol format. :wink:

I am determined that Sanjaya will get outted at number 4. They will keep him in because he is popular but I think he will get the boot before the top 3 no matter what the actual results are.

I really and truly and honestly think Idol is not rigged, voting-wise. I believe the person who gets voted out is actually getting the lowest number of votes.

corianderstem said:
I really and truly and honestly think Idol is not rigged, voting-wise.

Could be or not?

1. Is there any way to verify it is not?

2. Would there be an advantage to manipulate it?

Doesn't the FCC oversee things like that, where televised sorts of contests are monitored so there's no funny business? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

But even aside from that, I don't think there's any rigging going on. I think there's influencing going on (comments from Simon, who the producers focus on during early shows), but I don't think the voting is rigged one bit.

corianderstem said:
Doesn't the FCC oversee things like that, where televised sorts of contests are monitored so there's no funny business? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

But even aside from that, I don't think there's any rigging going on. I think there's influencing going on (comments from Simon, who the producers focus on during early shows), but I don't think the voting is rigged one bit.

I'm not sure if it's rigged or not, but do you make anything of the "phone malfunction" stories/accusations that have surfaced in the past? I think I remember talk when J-Hud and Daughtry got booted...honestly I think something went wrong with Chris. I was pissed when it happened because I wanted him to win, but the stunned silence & the looks on the judges faces when it happened were priceless.

Anyway I think the Sanjaya stuff is legit, but I wonder if they'd actually let him win. If they were ever going to try to rig it that's when it would happen.

See, the judges being pissed off because someone good gets voted off is what makes me think it's not rigged. I love their righteous indignation when that happens. Usually I'm right there with 'em. :wink:

As far as phone malfunctions, I can't answer that. I guess it's possible, but I don't think wrong numbers are put on the screen or whatever else are done on purpose. I remember in the second season, there was a big uproar by Clay fans saying there were problems with the phones or some damn thing.

I do think they've said in the past they watch out for obvious auto-diallers or something, and would toss those votes out (i.e., 17,000 votes coming in on one number or something). I don't know how big a problem that actually is, though.

I think if Sanjaya wins, no one can say the thing is rigged! :wink:

MANCHESTER, N.H. - Under-talented "American Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar is even getting the attention of presidential candidates these days.

During a radio call-in on WOKQ-FM, Sen.
Hillary Clinton was asked what the United States can do about Malakar, the television show's underdog candidate who critics say lacks any shred of talent.

"That's the best question I've been asked in a long time," Clinton said. "Well, you know, people can vote for whomever they want. That's true in my election, and it's true on 'American Idol.'"

Known for his madcap hairstyles, Sanjaya, 17, has prompted controversy by surviving deep into the voting on this season's "Idol."

:lol:

"Utterly horrendous" says Simon to Sanjaya. Worst since the beginning of the show??? Somehow I highly doubt that. I liked how Ryan confronted Simon on his hate for Sanjaya. To that he says he liked him last week. Yeah!!! Right!!! "It was not horrible" = liked. :rolleyes:

It's clear as night and day. Simon is trying to influence the voters into not voting for Sanjaya anymore. :wink:

I dont' know, I don't normally watch this show, but I did tonight, and I don't believe Simon was the only one who didn't like him, the other two didn't care for it, and Paula called it similar to karaoke or something. I thought Ryan was being a jerk for coming out there and cutting Simon off.

I thought I felt there was something wrong with them saying Tim McGraw sang it but I couldn't figure out waht it was :lol:

Bonochick said:
"When The Stars Go Blue" by TIM MCGRAW??????

Um, no. He just covered it.

:angry:

I was wondering the same thing. :huh:

Just goes to show how "professional" this show is!

Anyway, as for Sanjaya... I didn't think his performance was great at all. But I did think that once again Simon was unnecessarily very very rude. And he said he liked him last week. Haha! What a joke!

And now more threads are being posted about how we are lame for watching American Idol.

Drama on the internets!

Bonochick said:
"When The Stars Go Blue" by TIM MCGRAW??????

Um, no. He just covered it.

:angry:

:tsk:

I was going to post, but I knew you'd beat me to it :wink: I just broke out my very beat-up copy of Gold to give the best version a listen.

Back
Top Bottom