American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ljclary said:
I love the fact that Eliott admits his teeth are awful good for him!!

As for Paris and her different style every week crap---she is one of the most lame dressers I have ever seen. There is something about this girl that really irritates me!!:madspit:

I really like Elliot all around. He sings great and seems like a wonderfully down-to-earth guy.

And big word on Paris' "fashion" sense. She's like a teen-age Carrie Bradshaw.

Bo had to leave the your last year to have surgery to relieve intestinal blockage. He ended up back in the hospital a while later. It seems that his recovery has been slow, but on Thursday's show, he did look like he had gained back some of the weight had had lost.

As usual, I'm loving and hating it.

Looking forward to the show tonight but these theme shows are a bit of a sham.

Hmmm...Stevie Wonder night. :eyebrow: A couple of weeks ago Randy was going on to somebody about the problems of taking on Stevie Wonder..."One of the greatest vocalists in the known WORLD!!" And now we dedicate an entire show to him? Haven't we already heard 3 or 4 of his tunes already in this competition?

What's the point of forcing girls/guys who are comfortable singing country music to learn disco tunes and what not...and then be eliminated because they couldn't adapt to little Stevie, Soul, 50s music or a Bee Gees groove?

Tonight could be torture. Prepare yourself. I understand hearing maybe four or five... but we're going to hear twelve of these?

Part-Time Lover
I Just Called To Say I Love You
Superstition
Sir Duke
My Cherie Amour
I Was Made To Love Her
Overjoyed
Hey Love
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours
You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
Send One Your Love
Ebony & Ivory
All I Do
That Girl
For Your Love
I Wish
You Will Know
Boogie On Reggae Woman
Higher Ground
These Three Words

Golightly Grrl said:
I'm really looking forward to the performances tonight. I'm actually chilling a bottle of wine to celebrate the occasion. I'm totally this show's bitch.

Yes...this show is an an addiction. I'll be drinking a nice Syrah when it comes on.

I know you'll be rooting for Kellie while you're drinking your white wine.:wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Okay, the chicken little dweeb has got to go.

Haha, my friend texted me with "Chicken Little is ready to be deep fried."

I can't stand him or his attitude towards Simon. He's got a lot of nerve showing off that attitude towards a judge. Especially the only judge that has a clue on this show.

CHRIS :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I also like Taylor, Elliot and Katharine...

Melissa and Mandisa are OK...

Kevin and Ace have to go!

Can't stand Bucky, Paris or that dumb twit Kellie!

Ok, who am i forgetting? They must be pretty forgettable...

God that Kevin kid is excruciatingly bad. For the love of all that is good and holy, send him packing tomorrow!

Ok, here's my two cents...

First, I 90% agree with both Randy's and Simon's responses to tonight's performances. I'm loosing respect towards Paula. I've heard rumors that she spikes her drinks or acts drunk on stage, well, I'm starting to believe it. She's been having less and less constuctive criticism as this show has been going. She's becoming too positive.

As for the individual performers...

Ace - his performance sucked tonight. (And too, I can't stand pretty boys.)

Bucky - huge improvement, but he still sucks and has got to go.

Chris - awesome job

Elliot - disappointed, seen better out of him, but I'll give him a B

Katherine - good job and in tune

Kellie - not fair to make her sing a SW song, she's a good singer, but since it wasn't her league, she was totally nervous and therefore her performance was the worst I've seen from her.

Kevin - what can say? :lmao: He's gotta go! He needs to try out for some kid's TV show and sing on that.

Lisa - good job, the best I've seen from her yet

Mandisa - a little disappointed, I was hoping for a great performance, but she didn't kick it until the last few seconds of the song

Melissa - she can sing, but not as good as Katherine did, she was just OK, can't blame her for the lyrics when Bono can't even remember his own :lol: (you know I love Bono :wink: :bono: :hug: )

Paris - good job

Taylor - great job, he brought a smile to my face, his dancing skills were a huge improvement, too bad he couldn't use his harmonica, which I tought he was going to do since SW plays harmonica in a few of his songs.

Winner for tonight?

Chris

Last edited:
My rankings for tonight:

Chris: Followed my telepathic advice and sang Higher Ground. Great rendition.

Katherine: Great performance, bad dress.

Paris: She can blow.

Taylor: Reluctantly, guy gets on my nerves, but he did bring it.

Elliot: As long as I don't look at him, he's fine.

Mandisa: Not her best, but still great voice

Lisa: Finally, she chooses an upbeat song.

Ace: Sadly, not his best. He was very nervous, as were most of the early folks.

Bucky: Good song choice, meh on the rendition. However, best comment of the night by Simon dissing his "jessica simpson hair"

big gulf... an abyss if you will.

Kelli: Ugh, can't stand her. I hate the dumb blonde routine.

Melissa: Forgot the lyrics, out of tune. She is gone.

Kevin: Horrid. Dreadful. Pick any other Simon adjective. That is all.

Chris: :applaud:

Katherine: Great performance, bad dress (as trojanchick99 said)

Paris: She sang well tonight - one of her best performances I think.

Taylor: The moves are scary sometimes, but I really like his voice :up:

Elliot: Good

Mandisa: It was good - got better towards the end.

Lisa: It was okay - boring version of Signed Sealed Delivered for me - I really like that SW song, but it didn't do anything for me.

Ace: It was just a'ight :shrug:

Bucky: Good song choice-better than I expected. The hair was awful. What were the "stylists" thinking? :crazy:

Kellie: She was boring tonight.

Melissa: A'ight

Kevin: Sorry, but I still don't think he belongs in the competition. He can sing, but it shouldn't be here...

Going home... Kevin, Melissa or Kellie (my daughter still likes Kellie though, amongst others)

I did like how many of the contestants were in awe of meeting Stevie Wonder, and how some were in tears, like Elliot :hug:

I liked Chris, Katharine and Taylor tonight :up:

~inserting rant here~

Did anyone else seem to notice that too many of the Idol contestants were not familiar enough with the music of Stevie Wonder.

Yes I did! And Chris was happy to learn that the Red Hot Chili Peppers song was actually a cover of a Stevie Wonder tune :eyebrow:

Irvine511 said:

i want him to do two things:

1. get rid of the facial hair
2. start taking his shirt off

:drool:

Yeah the facial hair isn't all that special. He is so sexy though, wow :drool: He seems nice too. I really enjoyed that performance, I meant to vote for him but I fell asleep and forgot :banghead: I think he's one of the top candidates, but I doubt he has a chance. He doesn't fit any AI mold, but I intend to vote for him as many times as I can. I thought Taylor was very good as well. Ace dropped the ball.

Katherine is so pretty and I liked her singing last night, and Kevin was atrocious :D I think all the attention has gone to his head.

here's what the guy on ew.com said

"Still, as of this moment, there's no denying Chris has pulled away from the pack. He may not quite have Katharine's control, or Mandisa's personality (loved the shoe moment), or even Taylor's passion, but as his smokin' ''Higher Ground'' proved tonight, he sure comes close in all three categories. What's more, despite having the world's most unfortunate sideburns, Chris was the only contestant tonight who passed my litmus test for a great Idol performance: He made me want to immediately go back and watch it again. Give the dude a razor, and we might be able to call the whole game next week."

Last edited:
Chris :rockon: I don't want him to have to go back to customer service. Taylor looked & sounded great. Bucky with the Jessica Simpson hair :giggle:

Stevie Wonder songs need some sort of stage presence and personality or they can get boring. There were only a couple of singers that realized this: Chris (blew the competition away), Paris, Taylor, and Katherine. Chris is the only one with a real sustainable commercial talent.

Ace has a good voice, is definitely nice looking - but needs to steer away from the boy-band sound.

Kellie is now irritating with her attitude (Is it real or fake ditziness??) - Her vocals aren't good enough for me to keep my patience with her personality.

Bucky - felt bad for him and his 'do last night. He just looked so out of place with the genre. It just was not good.

Melissa- Her voice is irritating to me. Just hate it.

Elliott - Nice voice. No stage presence.

Mandisa - Nice voice. When they use the back-up singers with her, it is easy to compare her voice to their voices. They're similar. I like her, but I'm not sure about her right now.

Lisa- A little throaty. She seems like she belongs in a larger community-type of production.

Kevin- He belongs in a high school talent show. Don't understand why he is a finalist & WHY THE JUDGES KEEP PRAISING HIM????

Katherine- She will probably go on to the last competition. Very nice voice.

Taylor- I like the guy a whole lot. I would not buy his music.

Paris- SHe really brought it last night. I give her a Lot of credit.

Back
Top Bottom