( )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:
I haven't really gotten into Takk yet. It strikes me after a few listens as being kind of boring actually as compared with the gorgeous AB. I need to give it a few more listens, though. :shrug:

you will joyfulgirl, you will. just listen to glosoli, close your eyes, and pretend you are commiting suicide. morbid, i know. but it will ALL MAKE SENSE.

Se7en said:

just listen to glosoli, close your eyes, and pretend you are commiting suicide. morbid, i know. but it will ALL MAKE SENSE.
:drool:

Se7en said:

this is seriously the dumbest thing i've ever read on this forum.

and trust me, i've read some dumb shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, seriously, come back when you're ready to listen to grown-up music and not some bullshit baby-talk

I gave the album a fair try

fact is...it's not a great album

just because it's "beautiful" and "glacial" and envokes "ethereal soundscapes" doesn't make it brilliant.
AB was a landmark album because it pushed post-rock to new and strange places. The songs on there are really masterpieces. They even have a half-bluesy song with a harmonica on there.

Then came (), and I admit it can be enjoyable if you make yourself ignore the sound of sigur ros going from intergral to derivative.
And now takk has only perpetuated my believe that sigur ros will continue to produce the same album every couple years. Luckily, each album will have been long forgotten within two years and people will think that the new one is so different and groundbreaking.

And, sorry, just once I would like for him to sing OUT OF falsetto, for God's sake

Back
Top Bottom