24: Day 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:
so now is there any doubt that they are gonna try to frame Assad for the assassination of Palmer?

now the question is, will they succeed and Assad will be arrested and the whole peace treaty is off? orrrrrr, will Assad stop the attempt, and maybe even give his own life to prevent it?

was i right or was i right?

I've known about the ending to tonight's episode for a while now (god damn spoiler I came across out of nowhere) but damn did it still sting to watch that go down. Oh, Assad. Baby, I love(d) you :sad::sad::sad:

Could someone fill me in re: what's going on with the Russian dude and what not? I don't pay attention to this show as much as I used to when it was still, you know, awesome :cool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Tonight's episode was overshadowed by an extremely amazing episode of Heroes, and when that happens, something is wrong.
Nah. Heroes has been superior to 24 for weeks now.

Queen Bee said:

Could someone fill me in re: what's going on with the Russian dude and what not? I don't pay attention to this show as much as I used to when it was still, you know, awesome :cool:

um i think the dude is just still pissed off about losing the cold war. soooo he is having arabs blow up nukes in the US so that the US will go to war with the arabs and theyll destroy each other or whatever.

I don't think the Prez is dead, just wounded. Previews showed him unconscious with oxygen mask, IV etc. It seems Assad may be dead, but he and a few others were laying in the rubble, not certain of their fates.

That little conversation Assad with Palmer before the explosion means he's dead. It was almost too predictable.

Not loving the lack of Jack in this one :down:

Hopefully next week there'll be a "DROP THE GUN!" or Jack will shoot Henderson's wife again. I can dream.

LemonMacPhisto said:
That little conversation Assad with Palmer before the explosion means he's dead. It was almost too predictable.

Not loving the lack of Jack in this one :down:

Hopefully next week there'll be a "DROP THE GUN!" or Jack will shoot Henderson's wife again. I can dream.

Shooting Henderson's wife :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ok, first time I post here.

The triangle between Chloe and those guys :down: total waste of time.
That guy that plays the president :down:
Chloe and that look;

chloe-obrian-24-stupid-face.jpg
I think I had a nightmare because of it last week. :lol:

Are the first seasons better than this?:|

I think everyone's expectations for this season were very high because it was coming off the best year its ever had. But the plain truth of the matter is that this show has had inconsistent seasons in the past (i.e. Kim storylines), so it really shouldn't be all that surprising. It's not like this is the worst the show's ever been. You just gotta look past the silly parts and enjoy it for what it is.

I think the even numbered seasons are kind of lame/bad, but that's just me.

Seasons 3 and 5 are the absolute best and I really liked Season 1.

This season has a chance to be one of my favorites, but it needs to go somewhere fast.

I don't know, this episode wasn't that exciting, but it was the first time this season where the end actually left me waiting for next week

and yes I, in :nerd: fashion, got excited when the 40th Psalm was quoted

Maybe things will get exciting next week with Denethor showing up. Dang he was an evil dude in The Lord of the Rings.

DaveC said:
:rant:

Not a single gunshot fired. What is this?

That's exactly what I want to know! And Jack hasn't shot anyone for HOW MANY episodes now? :angry:

And new poster Red Rocks asked us:
Are the first seasons better than this?

Season Five was The. Best. 24. Season. Ever. :drool:

Season Six? Lame. :yawn: Sorry.

jobob said:

And Jack hasn't shot anyone for HOW MANY episodes now? :angry:

Well, he did shoot the guys that were about to kill Milo two episodes ago!

oh man South Park is going to do an episode this season that's a parody of 24

- One of the first seven episodes will be a parody of 24. "Basically, we've spent the last month watching like three or four episodes a day, studying what they do," Parker says. "We're fans of the show, and we're really impressed with the writing, but as soon as you have Cartman saying the same stuff, it's pretty damn funny."

i cant wait :drool:

Chizip said:
oh man South Park is going to do an episode this season that's a parody of 24

i cant wait :drool:

Isn't Kiefer supposed to appear on the Simpsons this season as an anti-terrorism agent? Or has that already happened? I dunno, I don't watch that show like I used to

So you got the info you need from Markov and you know there 6 or 7 armed Russians outside the door waiting to take you down, so do you:
A. Call CTU right away with Gredenko's location
2. Try to escape out a window or some other rear egress
Thirdly. Stroll right into the waiting arms of said Russians

True.
And the Russian dude who makes the call to CTU...why don't you just make the call from the room where Jack is...as soon as he walks out and starts looking for a place to make the call, he might as well have been wearing a Star Trek red shirt at that point.

Hewson said:
he might as well have been wearing a Star Trek red shirt at that point.

But then he could've just beamed himself out of there... :wink:

I thought it was a good episode overall. The story really seems to be picking up steam now.

Martha and Aaron next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom