2008 Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pepokiss said:
the guy presenting the award for Country Album (or whatever it was, but it was Country) said that there's a famous quote from a Country person, that "Country music is all about 3 chords and the truth"

Ohh :lol:

She always seems so shy and surprised that people actually think she's talented. She shouldn't. She's one the best artists to come along in quite some time, IMO. Did you see how blown away she looked with "Record of the Year" I'm afraid she'll faint if she wins Album of the Year.:lol: At this point, I'd be shocked if she didn't win it.

AMY!!!!

YES!!!!!

THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!!

I want to adopt this girl. I want to adopt her and make her PB & J sandwiches and cover her with a blanket when she's sleeping. I want to take care of her. She needs to be taken care of!

I love how she mixes Motown, soul, and jazz altogether. The place where she was performing tonight made me feel like I was in some small little club in the 60s.:drool:

U2isthebest said:
I love how she mixes Motown, soul, and jazz altogether. The place where she was performing tonight made me feel like I was in some small little club in the 60s.:drool:

yeah I totally agree with you there.. I got that same feeling about the place too.. and atmosphere..

U2isthebest said:

Yeah, she's always sort of reminded me of Ronnie Spector, but better, with an even stronger voice. More soulful.

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, she's always sort of reminded me of Ronnie Spector, but better, with an even stronger voice. More soulful.

The first time I heard "Rehab" I hadn't seen her yet, and I can tell you, I did not expect that voice to come from a tiny Jewish girl from London. It's up there with my all-time favorites.:love: :bow:

It's just starting here on the West Coast. I'm really not into anybody that's performing except Feist. Anybody that's watched the show could you say when she comes on? And when should we avoid the telly when Fugilicious comes on?

Back
Top Bottom