2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and apparently, Avs fans are chanting for Martin Skoula to come back. "We made the wrong trade--it should have been Morris!!" I guess that's what you'd call ironic, or maybe just vindication.

How I loathe thee, Colorado hockey.

From NHL.com:

NEW YORK - Vancouver Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi has been suspended indefinitely, without pay, after being assessed a Match penalty for deliberate injury of Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore during NHL Game #1028 Monday night.
The penalty was assessed at 8:41 of the third period.

A hearing will be conducted Wednesday at 9 a.m., ET, at the League's Toronto office.

Bertuzzi should not be the only one punished.

Crawford should be asked to resign and if he doesnt, they should fire him. Obviously, they don't have evidence that he told Bertuzzi to go after Moore--and Bertuzzi is still solely responsible.
But they have his comments in the press after the Naslund-Moore hit. He was laughing as they worked on him on the ice and his "remorse" is a joke.

If the Canucks team wants to be respected as something other than a dirty team, they should dump Crawford. I know they won't purely because of his success rate.

I don't know what Lacroix gets out of lying to the press for an entire season because when he panics, it's so pathetically *obvious.*

DENVER (AP) -- The Colorado Avalanche acquired two-time All-Star Tommy Salo from the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday, bolstering their goaltending for the playoffs.

Edmonton received unsigned prospect Tom Gilbert in the deal and sent a 2005 sixth-round draft pick to Colorado.

Salo is 17-18-6 with a 2.58 goals-against average and three shutouts for the Oilers this season. Salo, drafted by the New York Islanders in 1993, has appeared in 521 NHL games, going 209-222-72 with a 2.56 GAA. He has a 2.59 GAA in 21 playoff games.

Colorado also sent promising defenseman Derek Morris to Phoenix for center Chris Gratton in a four-player deal. The Avalanche will also get Coyotes defenseman Ossi Vaananen and a second-round draft choice for unsigned defenseman Keith Ballard.

Gratton had 11 goals and 18 assists in 66 games with the Coyotes this season after coming over from Buffalo last year. Vaananen, who has played four seasons with the Coyotes, scored two goals and four points in his 67 games with the team this season.

``We are pleased to add two quality players to our roster,'' Avalanche president and general manager Pierre Lacroix said. ``Both are young, talented players who have performed at this level for years and will add size and experience at both ends of the ice.''

The Avalanche gave up one of their most promising defensemen for the stretch run of the playoffs: Morris played in all 69 games this season, recording six goals and 22 assists while ranking fourth in ice time. He established career highs in goals (11) and assists (37) last season.

In getting Salo, Colorado will have a proven backup for David Aebischer, who has done well but never started an NHL playoff game.

Late Monday, the Avalanche also acquired rugged forward Matthew Barnaby from the New York Rangers for defensemen Chris McAllister and David Liffiton. Barnaby has 12 goals, 32 points and 120 penalty minutes this season.

McAllister had no points and 62 penalty minutes in 34 games this season with the Avalanche. Liffiton, Colorado's second-round pick in the 2003 draft, is unsigned.

To make room for Salo, Colorado sent rookie goaltender Phil Sauve to AHL affiliate Hershey. Forward Travis Brigley also was sent to the Bears on a conditioning assignment.

Update on Moore. It looks bad. :(

Colorado Avalanche winger Steve Moore suffered a neck fracture and concussion as a result of an attack on him by Vancouver Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi during a game Monday night at Vancouver.

Moore will remain in the hospital indefinitely and will be off the ice at least for the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, Global TV of Vancouver was reporting that local authorities are considering a criminal investigation into the matter.

The Avalanche confirmed Moore underwent surgery for the injury this morning in Vancouver. The team reports Moore is not expected to suffer any paralysis as a result of the injury.

The NHL announced Bertuzzi has been

I done talking about Bertuzzi. Time for this thread to become active again.

The lowly Wild Kicked Ottawa's ass tonight. Gabby had a hat trick. It was fabtabulous!!!

Yes...enough about Bert.

The Oilers are now just 3 points out of 8th in the west. Should make for a great last 9 games here in E-town!

I hate that. Your team is up 2-1, less than 30 seconds left to play and you have to leave the room. You come back and you're watching overtime? Grrrr

Canucks 2 - Nashville 2 in OT

Thanks go to Montreal for beating Colorado tonight

Yes, it's nice to see Colorado lose. :up:

I may start rooting for the Avs again next season, but this season I still want them to crash and burn. And not just because of the Skoula trade--all their trades are proving crap, though I was happy to see Morris shipped off to Phoenix. But to give up prospect Ballard was a big mistake.

Looks like Skoula had a poor night in Anaheim though. :(

My Avsgirl world is still turned upside down...next thing you know she will start hating The Lord Of The Rings...complete with Frodo crossed out avatar.

:lmao:

I'm sorry I have upset your reality, Edgeman. :hug: I too feel lost and disoriented without my team. I see an Avs logo and I am confused.

The day I bash LOTR though, we'd better look for the Four Horsemen to come riding up...!

Since my Wild are out of the play-off picture, I am pondering who to cheer for in the play-offs. I am leaning toward the Preds for various reasons. Anyone have a good argument as to who I should select as my new chosen team? Convince me. :mad:

Last edited:
"The Curse of Bertuzzi"

fah said:
Canucks lose again
Columbus 5 - Vancouver 4
Canucks have only won twice in their last nine games.

On the plus side Jovo came back from his shoulder injury.

That was absolutely pathetic, they just don't have the drive right now and it's all after the Bertuzzi incident. How they can lose to the worst team of our conference (well they do that often, losing to the worst and beating the best) is just mind numbing right now. Oh well they will still make it into the playoffs even if they lose all the games I guess but unless they get their groove back we are doomed for an early loss in the first round of the playoffs. I call what we're going thru "The Curse of Bertuzzi" and we're paying for his sins. :banghead:

Pathetic is right, twice in the game up by 2 goals..aahh

And added bonus they are now in 5th place behind Dallas but the way they are playing I don't know if home ice would be an advantage.

The Avs are not going to make it past the first round.

I'll be rooting for the Wings, especially with the Ducks out, or one of the Canadian teams.

Back
Top Bottom