2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

yeah its not too bad, usually the cheapest ones (15 dollar range) sell out first so if you cant get those then they are like 30 and on up

Are you kidding me? The cheapest Oilers tickets are $35, and that's way up in the gallery (where the real fans sit). Good times....but not for the pocket book.

Michael Griffiths said:
Here's a video clip of Forsberg's cheap shot to Cloutier's "twigs and berries". I still can't believe he did that to him. That's just wrong! Cost his team a chance at tying the game, too. What was he thinking?! Listen to what Jim Hughson has to say... it's really quite funny...
http://www.nhlcanucks.com/video/29.12.03/forsbergpunchesdan.mpg

Wow, thanks! Now I can watch it over and over again! :love:
Maybe if Chizip is feeling generous, he can make it into one of those little animated gifs he's so famous for? :flirt:

Maybe if Cloutier doesn't want anyone hitting his stick, he shouldn't hold someone else's... :sexywink:

Edgeman said:

Are you kidding me? The cheapest Oilers tickets are $35, and that's way up in the gallery (where the real fans sit). Good times....but not for the pocket book.

No kidding! For $15, the Avs might let you stand in the concourse and listen to the game. :wink:

So...saw this so called "elite" team last night. WHAT BULLCRAP.

Bertuzzi is still the cheapest piece of crap in the league. I can't WAIT for this guy to get knocked back to 1971.

They went up on the pathetic Blackhawks (Chciago couldn't pass worth ANYTHING), and then let them tie it up and it went to the fourth period. The only reason the "elite" team won is because Chicago gave up a HORRIBLE penalty with less than a minute left. Blackhawks could not stop a four on three attack.

Leighton (Hawks goalie) :up:
Chicago fans :down: (There were MAYBE 15,000 people there)
United Center :up:
BERTUZZI :down::angry:

bertuzzi is a bitchnut and a half

even if he were on my team i wouldnt be able to bring myself to root for a jackass like that

i still contend the canucks wont win the cup with him on the team, his stupid antics will cost them in the playoffs, as they have in the past

Chizip said:
even if he were on my team i wouldnt be able to bring myself to root for a jackass like that

I was thinking the same thing tonight! I think I would have to agree with you!

And lets hope he ruins the playoff chances for them! :D

If this were the 80s, you guys would have been part of the "Gretzky sucks" crowd. Every GM in the NHL would love to have Todd Bertuzzi. Such petty jealousy. :D

:sexywink:

Last edited:
I got the new Ultimate Gretzky DVD for Christmas. Anyone else seen it? It's pretty good, but it doesn't have enough raw footage in my opinion. I think it would have been great if it had a 10 or 15 minute video montage of nothing but passes, plays, goals, assists, and moves - in short, all the things that made Gretzky great - all compiled together. Much of the footage inlcluded on the DVD are the record breaking highlights (which ironically are some of his least spectacular looking plays). I've seen much of these already. It does have some rarely seen footage, but it's few and far between. I thought the video that came in the early 90s - Above and Beyond - was a much better presentation. That said, Ultimate Gretzky is still a must see for any hockey or Gretzky fan.

Michael Griffiths said:
I got the new Ultimate Gretzky DVD for Christmas. Anyone else seen it?

Haha

I saw it and laughed.

The only raw footage I want to see is Gretzky going toe-to-toe with an enforcer, getting in his cheap shots while the ref restrains his opponent.

:up:

I do enjoy your tone loc bravado though Griffey...

This is the eighties,
and I'm down with the ladies.

I won't fool around,
with no oscar mayer weiner.

Gotta love that tone.

um are you :coocoo:?

you were the first one to bring up gretzky in relation to bertuzzi

i just stated that i didnt like gretzky either

lay off those vancouver drugs pal, they do bad things to the mind

Chiz, please tell me you're joking, and you're not really that slow. :sexywink:

You were speaking of Gretzky in a mock sexual sense (at least I presume it was mock) -- ie, much the same way many speak of Bertuzzi, hence the "comparison".

Get me drunk enough... :sexywink:

Fine game tonight. Cloutier didn't even see that Sakic shot coming. Or maybe he did and thought "Why bother?"

I didn't see the game tonight, but it sounds like the only guy who played well for Vancouver was Cloutier. Ah well, the season series is now 1-1-1. Two very evenly matched teams. Can't wait 'till next time!

Just found this on the Canucks site. I'm inclined to agree with it. And yes, I know none of you care about the Canucks, but this is more about the term "elite" and how it has been applied to every so callled "elite" team in the NHL, than it is about the Canucks.

Written by "IceHole":

"HOLY CRAP!

The only ones really talking about the Canucks being an elite team are the media who ram it down our throats every chance they get because it's great as a sound bite, and trolls that use it as an argument everytime the team plays poorly (NOT LIKE ELITE TEAMS WHO NEVER PLAY A BAD GAME).

God, lets stop comparing ourselves to an overblown abstract. With the way the playoffs unfolded last season and the way the season is unfolding this year I don't think "ELITE" teams exist any more. (NJ maybe excepted)

Dallas is supposed to be an "ELITE " team. Where are they now. The Avs are an "ELITE" team. Where have they been? Who knows what the hell is up with the Wings. If these are the teams we are supposed to compare "ELITENESS" to then why the hell aren't they WAY WAY out in front of us? And why would we want to compare our team to them anyway. Play our own game. When we do, we win.

I am so damn tired of listening to this argument about whether the Canucks are an ELITE team. I say let them succeed their own way. Not by some completely bizarre definition that NOBOBY can agree upon anyway.

The term "Elite Team" is overblown, over used and just damn tired."

Last edited:
Yeah, it hurts being compared to an "elite" team a mere 2 points behind you.

There isn't much to do in Vancouver, is there? Maybe they should go see Lord of the Rings or something. :sexywink:

Cuj, I didn't write that... very funny though!

AvsGirl - I think what the guy is saying is the Canucks are NOT an elite team, but neither is anyone else except for NJ. He's basically saying the so called elite of the NHL should be way ahead of the Canucks if they are to live up to that title of eliteness, which I can agree with. Out of curiousity, which "elite" team are you referring to that is only 2 points back of Vancouver? Colorado is now 6 points back, and Calgary 8 points back, if I heard correctly at the end of tonight's Flames/Canucks telecast.

PS. Vancouver doesn't get big elite films, such as Lord of the Rings. Like their hockey team, Vancouverites live a modest existence. Locals prefer to sit at home and stew in their past glories. If it's not the '94 Cup run, it's watching 1980s re-runs of such stellar Vancouver based B grade shows as The Beach Combers and Danger Bay.

I was referring to the Colorado Avalanche. As of Friday night's Avs/Canucks telecast, they were reporting a 2 point difference.

Either Vancouver or Colorado needs to learn simple math, that's all I know. I haven't checked them, so I'm going on basis of Friday night.

I just don't get Vancouver's obsession with the word, definition and description of "Elite." That's what my post was referring to. You'd think every hockey fan, both casual and devoted, had gone up there and rammed it down their throats. Perhaps they did and I was not invited.

I think some films is what Vancouver needs, judging from "IceHole", the Canucks discussions have a really strained, hysterical quality! Avs fans are just boorish. :wink:

Vancouver is now 4 points ahead of Colorado. The Northwest Division standings, courtesy of Yahoo:

Northwest GP W L T OTL Pts GF GA Home Road L10

Vancouver 39 21 10 6 2 50 113 91 11-4-4-0 10-6-2-2 6-3-1-0
Colorado 37 19 10 7 1 46 107 83 10-7-2-0 9-3-5-1 3-3-4-0
Calgary 36 19 11 3 3 44 83 72 11-6-3-1 8-5-0-2 6-2-2-0
Minnesota 39 14 15 10 0 38 84 82 7-9-4-0 7-6-6-0 4-1-5-0
Edmonton 38 14 17 7 0 35 96 106 8-9-3-0 6-8-4-0 3-4-3-0

Last edited:
Ah, but you checked the stats before the late updates tonight! Here are the revised, up to date standings, also courtesy of yahoo. :sexywink:

Northwest GP W L T OTL Pts GF GA Home Road L10
Vancouver 40 22 10 6 2 52 116 92 11-4-4-0 11-6-2-2 6-3-1-0
Colorado 37 19 10 7 1 46 107 83 10-7-2-0 9-3-5-1 3-3-4-0
Calgary 37 19 12 3 3 44 84 75 11-7-3-1 8-5-0-2 5-3-2-0
Minnesota 39 14 15 10 0 38 84 82 7-9-4-0 7-6-6-0 4-1-5-0
Edmonton 38 14 17 7 0 35 96 106 8-9-3-0 6-8-4-0 3-4-3-0

So Hockey Night in Canada was correct afterall: The Canucks are indeed 6 points up on the Avs and 8 ahead of the Flames... not that it really matters. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom