2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, but maple syrup works wonders to sweeten things up. I just hate it when the leaves stick to you though. Whatever that means.

Cuj and AvsGirl - I can't believe neither of you have posted in the Sidney Crosby "amazing goal" thread! It really is quite amazing.

there was a goal a couple weeks ago where a guy had skated just pass the crease but the puck was behind him so he stuck his stick between his legs pointing out behind him, and was able to shoot and lift the puck up over the goalie for the goal, i liked that one better personally

Chizip said:
there was a goal a couple weeks ago where a guy had skated just pass the crease but the puck was behind him so he stuck his stick between his legs pointing out behind him, and was able to shoot and lift the puck up over the goalie for the goal, i liked that one better personally
You should have seen what Paul Kariya did back in junior when he played for the Penticton Panthers (Penticton is an hour away from my home town of Kelowna). The Panthers were in town, and all the hype was surrounding this kid from North Vancouver, touted as a "Mini Gretzky". Anyway, on one of his goals, he had the puck to the right of the net, and as began to drive around it - think, the very beginning of a wrap around play - he dropped the puck between his legs just before skating across the goal line area, and, as the goalie began to slide across to be ready for the potential wrap around, Kariya tapped the puck into the vacated side of the goal by putting his stick behind his back and popping it in. All at full speed, too. It was amazing. He scored another goal on a penalty shot another time, which I won't go into, but it was a jaw dropper, itself.

I still think the best goal I've ever seen scored was Gretzky's "home run" goal against Vancouver when he played for the Kings. He took a slapshot from the top of the right faceoff circle, on his off wing, and the puck hit Luc Robitaille in the butt and went way, way up in the air. No one saw where it was except for Gretzky, and as it was coming back down, Gretzky batted it right out of mid air - again, from the top of the right faceoff circle - and right into the top corner above Kirk McLean's shoulder! It was sweet. It made the greatest sports plays of the year.

Last edited:
Yes, but did Robitaille get an assist? :wink:

I'm trying to remember if Forsberg was given an assist last season when it bounced hard off his manly areas and onto Hejduk's stick. :hmm:

AvsGirl41 said:
Yes, but did Robitaille get an assist? :wink:

I'm trying to remember if Forsberg was given an assist last season when it bounced hard off his manly areas and onto Hejduk's stick. :hmm:
Yes, Robitaille got an assist. Get it? "ASSist". hee hee....I'm so punny. :wink:

(Please be gentle. I had to say it.)

Patrick Roy is the greatest of all time. I've been a fan since 1986 when he won the Conn Smnyth and Stanley Cup as a rookie. I was terribly sad to see him traded to the Avs but I grew to like them. Stll Montreal is my team .GO HABS GO!!!!!

Theodore is the shit now!

another canadian???? don't we have enough of them here already? :wink: (just kidding)

montreal, huh? hmmmm...

i know next to nothing about hockey. i'm just being a jerk. and probably failing at that. i've never been a jerk to a newbie before. i'm assuming you have a sense of humor.

Don't they call that a mulch burning?

As for the Canucks, that 4 day layoff stole their legs tonight. This was their worst effort of the season. They're getting worse and worse. Totally uninspired, flatfooted.... they basically didn't show up again. Naslund didn't play much, and left the game early with a groin strain. This long homestand wasn't what the doctor ordered.

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

i'm glad i wasn't near a tv to watch that.

Yes, exactly. I wonder if this is what they mean by Leaf burn...

roberts_gary_canucks240.jpg

I wouldn't want to be caught on the wrong end of these fired up Leafs. :tsk:

Last edited:
Hey, I already mocked that picture! Too many Canucks threads to keep track of the trash talk. :sexywink:

The Avs are...average. :| Our big guns are just not scoring. Too many ties--Forsberg and Kariya are both out.

There's an interesting Forsberg rumor floating around that he may be done for his career. The story goes that the stomach muscle injury is much worse than the Avs are letting on--that he really tore something bad, due to his muscles being weaker thanks to his spleen being removed. Supposedly, when he left his last game, he barely made it off the ice before collapsing.

Is it true? :shrug: Who knows...I heard it from my dad, who heard it from Avs security. Forsberg rumors are always a bit off--the last good one was when he took 2001-2002 off. "Those in the know" claimed that he was a cocaine addict and secretly in rehab in Sweden. :wink:

Michael Griffiths said:
Don't they call that a mulch burning?

As for the Canucks, that 4 day layoff stole their legs tonight. This was their worst effort of the season. They're getting worse and worse. Totally uninspired, flatfooted.... they basically didn't show up again. Naslund didn't play much, and left the game early with a groin strain. This long homestand wasn't what the doctor ordered.

Sometimes teams get beat. It doesn't require excuse every time griffey. If it did, maybe the team in question isn't so... elite.

Did someone say Patrick Roy in this thread?

I'm well aware that sometimes teams get beat. But, Cujo, have you watched more than 5 Canucks games this year? This is not a team that should be losing to ANY team by 3 goals (whether it's Calgary of Detroit). This is why they haven't lost one game by more than 1 goal all season long - until tonight. If you watched the game tonight, you would see exactly what I mean by flatfooted and uninspired. The Canucks totally, unequivically, deserved to lose this game. In fact, I wish they had lost 6-0.... at least such an embarrassment would have possibly woken them up for next time. Tonight, Cujo, they were atrocious. They got out hussled, out hit; they couldn't even win faceoffs. There was really no intensity or even determination in their game. That's unacceptable for a team that hasn't lost a game by more than one goal all season. Tonight, they looked like the Canucks of old. It was horrible.

Yes, sometimes teams just get beat, as you say. Too bad tonight wasn't one of those times.

Michael Griffiths said:
I hope Forsberg comes back soon. The NHL needs its best players. Do you know when Kariya is expected back?

Nope...I know he has a cast on his wrist, though. :shrug: But I guess that's kind of obvious, LOL.

Griff, I have a job sugestion for you.

you should apply as the Vancouver Canucks PR agent. The people of Vancouver would think they had the best team in the history of the sport.

Back
Top Bottom