$10+ for opening night movies...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I found out my Red Carpet Mann tickets no longer applies to special engagements at Mann theatres.

Do I really want to spend $10 for Matrix Reloaded tonight and get out at 2:00am? :crack:

Re: this thread is about the cost worth of going to see movies at full admission.

I always do matinees during the week. You couldn't pay me to go anywhere near the 21 screen megaplex on a Friday or Saturday night.

Eh...I don't see what the big deal about seeing a movie on opening night / day is anyway. So I don't see it before everyone else...it'll be just as new to me and in the same theatres anyway.

Melon

the only movie I have ever wanted to and acted upon the want to see opening night was LOTR - FOTR. And it was worth it. Other than that, it's not worth the loss of sleep and money. :D

the only movies i did see for full price was for the LOTR, TTT, and will do the same for ROTK.

$10.00 for a movie??????

shit that is cheap, come to NYC and realize the only movies you can get into are tickets purchased online at a base cost of 10+ with a service charge on top of that...

:der: new movies here cost $8 iirc. matinees are $5.

oh the joys of living in the south! btw, this costs the same all around town. i live out in the suburbs, but even at the swank downtown theatres it's the same ticket prices - for that chain, that is. but the other chains charge the same so as to stay competitive.

thank god i've got a theatre within like a mile of my house. i could seriously walk to this place if i had to.

oh, my husband and dad are going to see the matrix saturday. :banghead: (that's how they'll be feeling at least, standing in line for hours.)

Back
Top Bottom