We're off to Dooblin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
erised said:
There are more trip photos coming... I just haven't been able to *prep* them for the web as quickly as I had hoped, but they'll be up by the weekend for sure :yes:

We've still got some Dublin pics coming, as well as ones from Dalkey (aka Edgeland :wink: )

But sadly there was no Edge in Edgeland :( I'll just have to make due with memories of the hot and surly Dalkey Castle tour guide!

Just an update... I was having trouble uploading more pics this morning... if my server decides to cooperate anytime soon, I'll have more Ireland pics up.

Pics!

:uhoh: Ok, I'm kinda cheating on these... they were taken on my trip last May, but they still looked the same if ya ask me...

The River Liffey at O'Connell St.
astonview.jpg

Dockers :D
dockers.jpg

I must say, I just got done watching my new Rattle & Hum DVD and it was really weird watching Adam sitting and talking in Dockers when I know I was just in that same place not too long ago...just kinda blows your mind if you think about it too long :huh: Dockers had GREAT sandwiches and (according to my sis) the best Jack and Coke served in Dublin :lol:

Now back to the pics from the recent trip...

Killiney Beach

killineybeach.jpg

killineybeach2.jpg

Dsmith and fj, I'm just posting these pics... feel free to jump in with stories about them :yes:

Last edited:
Dalkey Castle

I think Dsmith already mentioned about the HOT tour guide there :drool:
dalkeycastle.jpg

This was part of an abbey near Dalkey Castle
abbey_dalkey.jpg

Doesn't it look like a king's face?!?

Re: Pics!

erised said:
:uhoh: Ok, I'm kinda cheating on these... they were taken on my trip last May, but they still looked the same if ya ask me...

The River Liffey at O'Connell St.
astonview.jpg

Dockers :D
dockers.jpg

I must say, I just got done watching my new Rattle & Hum DVD and it was really weird watching Adam sitting and talking in Dockers when I know I was just in that same place not too long ago...just kinda blows your mind if you think about it too long :huh: Dockers had GREAT sandwiches and (according to my sis) the best Jack and Coke served in Dublin :lol:

About the first pic... was that your view from the hotel room the last time? Our view was nothing like that! :tsk:

And about Dockers, they also had a VEWY cute bartender, kinda tall and slender with a cute goatee, I think... who also seemed to be a fan of FRIENDS... :cute:

erised said:
Now back to the pics from the recent trip...

Killiney Beach

killineybeach.jpg

killineybeach2.jpg

Dsmith and fj, I'm just posting these pics... feel free to jump in with stories about them :yes:

I was still tired from the plane when we went here and I couldn't believe we were in Ireland... but the whole thing hit me when I touched the Irish sea water. Ah, the memories! :sigh:

Erised did something funny on the DART when we were on our way to Killiney... but I don't dare to tell you what it was coz she could get mad at me... :uhoh:

:lmao:

Re: Re: Pics!

flaming june said:

About the first pic... was that your view from the hotel room the last time? Our view was nothing like that! :tsk:

yup :yes: it sure was! That was the view we had last time from our double room at the Aston Hotel. I know, we really got crummy views from our hotels this time around, didn't we?

Though the ones I took from the balcony at Blooms came out nice... I'll have to post them soon.

erised said:
Dalkey Castle

I think Dsmith already mentioned about the HOT tour guide there :drool:
dalkeycastle.jpg

Why oh why didn't we snap a pic of that guide???

This was part of an abbey near Dalkey Castle
abbey_dalkey.jpg

Doesn't it look like a king's face?!?

I can't see the king's face... :huh:

flaming june said:

Erised did something funny on the DART when we were on our way to Killiney... but I don't dare to tell you what it was coz she could get mad at me... :uhoh:

:lmao:

:der: Yes, I'm away from Ireland for 7 months and I forgot the little details about their transportation system and made a complete jackass out of myself in front of all the Irish peeps on the DART...

Re: Re: Re: Pics!

erised said:

yup :yes: it sure was! That was the view we had last time from our double room at the Aston Hotel. I know, we really got crummy views from our hotels this time around, didn't we?

Though the ones I took from the balcony at Blooms came out nice... I'll have to post them soon.

I dunno... I was kinda fond of that graffiti filled wall... :wink:

flaming june said:

Why oh why didn't we snap a pic of that guide???

:lol: My sis said that if she knew we were all lusting after him, she would've asked him for a pic! :yes:

flaming june said:

I can't see the king's face... :huh:

The ridges at the top are the crown... then the two holes are the eyes... below that the nose and then the big opening at the botton is the mouth.

erised said:

:lol: My sis said that if she knew we were all lusting after him, she would've asked him for a pic! :yes:

I'm sure she would have! :lol:

The ridges at the top are the crown... then the two holes are the eyes... below that the nose and then the big opening at the botton is the mouth.

Oh...

erised = :coocoo:

erised said:

:der: Yes, I'm away from Ireland for 7 months and I forgot the little details about their transportation system and made a complete jackass out of myself in front of all the Irish peeps on the DART...

I'm sure not everyone noticed... but you scared that old lady... :laugh:

You can't get Margaritas in Ireland... but who needs it when there's Guinness!

erised said:

And the horses clomping by in the wee hours of the morning? :lol:

And the loud music... and the fights on the street... :cute:

erised said:

Did I?

:lmao: OMG! I'm laughing my arse off over here... I didn't dare look at her face...I just got the heck outta there! :eeklaugh:

Well, she looked like this... :ohmy: I think she was scared...

:p

Re: That's right... just give me my Guinness and Irish vegetable soup and I'm happy

erised said:

Ah....gotta lurve Dublin! :wink:

Have you tried making vegetable soup?

FYI, in Ireland, they make the BEST veggie soup... (except at Glendalough!) and Erised was so obsessed with it that she even bought a book of soup recipes. She also bought all the Mint Wispa bars in sight... :yes: Now the poor Irish people can't find Mint Wispa bars anywhere... :laugh:

You'd think I'd have some balance with all the dance classes I've taken

flaming june said:

Well, she looked like this... :ohmy: I think she was scared...

:p

:lol: OMG... that is too much... I didn't see that... I was too busy trying not to end up in her lap :laugh:

Dont' buy the soup from the shack in the middle of Glendalough

flaming june said:

Have you tried making vegetable soup?

FYI, in Ireland, they make the BEST veggie soup... (except at Glendalough!) and Erised was so obsessed with it that she even bought a book of soup recipes. She also bought all the Mint Wispa bars in sight... :yes: Now the poor Irish people can't find Mint Wispa bars anywhere... :laugh:

No, not yet... I was thinking of trying it tonight! :yes: That is, if I can tear myself away from this puter long enough to go buy the ingredients :der:

Yes, anyone going to Ireland soon MUST try the vegetable soup there...it is TO DIE FOR...nothing like vegetable soup here in the USA.

:scratch: I'm trying to think which restaurant had the best veg soup? My mind is drawing a blank... Oh, it was good at Captain America's in Dublin... but I thought there was one other place it was especially good at too... it'll come to me sooner or later.

Mint Wispa bars.... mmm, mmm, good! :tongue: I gotta make those babies last me a loooooong time! :yes:

Re: You'd think I'd have some balance with all the dance classes I've taken

erised said:

:lol: OMG... that is too much... I didn't see that... I was too busy trying not to end up in her lap :laugh:

Well, don't worry about it... I was just as graceful when I was carrying my luggage around... I NEED to learn to pack light!

Re: Dont' buy the soup from the shack in the middle of Glendalough

erised said:

No, not yet... I was thinking of trying it tonight! :yes: That is, if I can tear myself away from this puter long enough to go buy the ingredients :der:

Yes, anyone going to Ireland soon MUST try the vegetable soup there...it is TO DIE FOR...nothing like vegetable soup here in the USA.

:scratch: I'm trying to think which restaurant had the best veg soup? My mind is drawing a blank... Oh, it was good at Captain America's in Dublin... but I thought there was one other place it was especially good at too... it'll come to me sooner or later.

Mint Wispa bars.... mmm, mmm, good! :tongue: I gotta make those babies last me a loooooong time! :yes:

I think the veggie soup from that place in the Aran island was especially good... what was the name of that restaurant? The Fishermen's something???

Back
Top Bottom