U2 On Jeopardy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I was going through some files on my computer when I stumbled across this. I had posted it at that temporary forum back when this new forum was being created, and it wasn't up for long before that forum went away, so I thought I'd share it again. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

*Larry enters the room, holding a letter*

Larry: You guys, we've been asked to compete on Jeopardy in a special celebrity edition show.

Adam: All of us?

Edge: But there can only be 3 contestants.

Larry: Yeah, we have to pick 3 of us to go, and one of us has to miss out. I'll be busy with Ann that day, so you guys can just go.

Bono: Well...I don't know...I'm kind of busy, actually...

Larry: But Bono, it's for charity...any money you win can go to help relieve 3rd world debt!

Bono: Okay! I'll do it!

***time passes...until the day arrives for the show...Adam, Edge, and Bono are in position and ready to play***

*Jeopardy theme music plays*

Alex: Hello, everyone, and welcome to our special celebrity edition of Jeopardy. Joining me today-

Bono: Excuse me, Alex, but I had an idea for some lyrics to go along with that music. Would you like to hear them?

Alex: Well, uh, how about after the show, Bono?

Bono: Well...I guess so...

Alex: Okay! As I was saying, joining me today are three members of the Irish rock group U2, known as the biggest band in the world!

Bono: Excuse me again, Alex, but we are the BEST band in the world.

Edge: Bono...let the man talk!

Bono: Sorry, sorry...

Alex: Uh...anyway...we have three of the four members with us today, and they are Adam Clayton...

Adam: *cute wave and smile*

Alex: The Edge...

Edge: You can call me "Edge", Alex!

Alex: Thank you! And we also have Bono...

Bono: Yes, and I am here to win money to help 3rd world debt relief. You know, this problem isn't just going to-

Alex: Thank you, Bono, but we have some time set aside for later to discuss the charities you are playing for.

Bono: Oh, that's right, sorry, Alex!

Alex: Okay...moving right along, here are our categories! Singer Nicknames, Clothing, Animals, Science, Literature, and Mythology.

Edge: Uh...those categories don't really seem very typical...some are kind of...general...almost easy...

Alex: Yeah, well, umm...*walks over and whispers to Edge, gesturing towards Bono*

Edge: Ohhhh...

Alex: *resumes his position* Anyway, to begin with, Adam has control of the board.

Adam: I will take "Clothing" for $100, Alex.

Alex: Okay, and the answer is "The groom would most likely be wearing one of these at a formal wedding."

*Adam buzzes in*

Alex: Adam!

Adam: What is a sarong?

Alex: Uh...no...

*Edge buzzes in*

Alex: Edge!

Edge: What is a tuxedo?

Alex: Correct! Edge, you now have control.

Edge: I'll take Singer Nicknames for $100, Alex!

Alex: The voice behind the 80's hit "Karma Chameleon".

*Edge buzzes in*

Edge: Who is Boy George?

Alex: Correct, Edge you still-

Bono: Alex, I don't think my buzzer thing is working...

Alex: Just press the button, Bono.

Bono: No, it's not working...Edge, let's switch!

Edge: *holds buzzer protectively* No, we can't!

Bono: Then fix my buzzer!

Edge: It's not broken!!!!

Bono: You sabotaged it, didn't you??

Edge: I didn't!! Maybe it was Adam!

Adam: It's not broken! Bono just doesn't know what he's doing!

Bono: I'm buzzing it, and it won't buzz!!!

Alex: Uh...will somebody check his buzzer?

**commercial break**

Alex: Welcome back to our special edition of celebrity Jeopardy! For those of you returning with us, we have checked Bono's buzzer, and it is not broken.

Adam: Apparently, it's just user issues.

Bono: At least I didn't guess "sarong" as a man's wedding attire!!

Adam: At least I could figure out how to use my buzzer!!!

Alex: Anyway...Edge, you still have control of the board.

Edge: I'll take Singer Nicknames for $200, Alex.

Alex: This singer is often referred to as "The Man in Black".

*Bono buzzes in*

Alex: Bono!

Bono: You know...this guy is one cool cat...we had the pleasure of working with-

Alex: I'm sorry, time's up!

Bono: But I didn't get to answer!!

*Edge buzzes in*

Edge: Who is Johnny Cash?

Alex: Correct!

Bono: You stole my bloody answer!!

Edge: It's your own fault for rambling!

Bono: Yeah, but I knew it!

Edge: But you didn't say it!!!!

Alex: Uh...Edge, you still have control.

Edge: I'll take Singer Nicknames for $300.

Alex: This singer is commonly referred to as "Old Blue Eyes".

*Bono buzzes in*

Bono: I got to meet this man too. I still remember the first time-

Alex: I'm sorry, Bono, you are out of time.

Bono: But-

*Edge buzzes in*

Edge: Who is Frank Sinatra?

Alex: Correct!

Bono: You stole my bloody answer again!!!!!!!!

Edge: Get over yourself, Bono. I'll take Mythology for $100, Alex.

Alex: It is said that if you gaze into the eyes of this character, one will turn to stone.

*Bono rings in*

Bono: *smirks* Who is Edge?

Alex: Uh...that is incorrect...

Edge: *releases buzzer* That's it, I've had it!!!! *jumps on top of Bono* I'm gonna kick your arse!!!!!!!

*Bono and Edge roll around the stage, fighting*

*Alex sighs and throws his cards up in the air*

Adam: Does this mean I win???

7/10!

They're out of character, but the story's enjoyable if you imagine them as chibi cartoon charas a la Worry's drawings. The story itself is improbable, too, which is the one other thing I have to whine and gripe about. Umm... that's it! Hopefully I didn't come across as too acerbic or anything... :sad:

Queen Betty said:

Yup, yup, yup! There are some slash fics that actually do stay in chara. Occula and LardenceLover are great at that. :banghead: (<-- I love this thingy!)

Sorry to say, but I find any male on male fanfic involving the boys to be out of character, as they are heterosexual...I don't even have to read any to judge that. :D

I will say one thing I've been meanin' to say...

Queen Betty, oh how I loveth your sig!!!! :D

<-- I can't get over how damn good he looks in his "Lumberjack" stage, but anyway...

Bonochick said:
I will say one thing I've been meanin' to say...

Queen Betty, oh how I loveth your sig!!!! :D

Thank you! It was kind of a last minute thing; when I saw how everyone else had cool sigs, I tried to think of my own and came up with that one Happy Noodle Boy comic that always makes me laugh my little bum off! Maybe I should add to it with something different... like a quote from Cowboy Bebop! Ha ha!

Re: <-- I can't get over how damn good he looks in his "Lumberjack" stage, but anyway..

Queen Betty said:

Thank you! It was kind of a last minute thing; when I saw how everyone else had cool sigs, I tried to think of my own and came up with that one Happy Noodle Boy comic that always makes me laugh my little bum off! Maybe I should add to it with something different... like a quote from Cowboy Bebop! Ha ha!

I like your signature, too. It's funny (I especially like the part where you say that that's what you'd say to Larry right before passing out-LOL).

Me, I have kind of a long signature, but eh, oh, well. Those are quotes I really like, so I put them in.

Angela

Last edited:
Re: Re: <-- I can't get over how damn good he looks in his "Lumberjack" stage, but anyw

Moonlit_Angel said:

I like your signature, too. It's funny (I especially like the part where you say that that's what you'd say to Larry right before passing out-LOL).

Me, I have kind of a long signature, but eh, oh, well. Those are quotes I really like, so I put them in.

Angela

Thanks! It's true, though I think I should change it to refer to :adam: now... I'm so fickle. :D

I like your sig, too! Even though it's long at least it has a variety of quotes.

Bonochick said:

Bono: Alex, I don't think my buzzer thing is working...

Alex: Just press the button, Bono.

Bono: No, it's not working...Edge, let's switch!

Edge: *holds buzzer protectively* No, we can't!

Bono: Then fix my buzzer!

Edge: It's not broken!!!!

Bono: You sabotaged it, didn't you??

Edge: I didn't!! Maybe it was Adam!

Adam: It's not broken! Bono just doesn't know what he's doing!

Bono: I'm buzzing it, and it won't buzz!!!

Alex: Uh...will somebody check his buzzer?

**commercial break**

Alex: Welcome back to our special edition of celebrity Jeopardy! For those of you returning with us, we have checked Bono's buzzer, and it is not broken.

:laugh:

Lol.

Good job, this was cute and funny.

Disappointed you got rid of Lar', though. He's one of the funniest of the bunch.

Bonochick said:

Alex: Okay...moving right along, here are our categories! Singer Nicknames, Clothing, Animals, Science, Literature, and Mythology.

Edge: Uh...those categories don't really seem very typical...some are kind of...general...almost easy...

Alex: Yeah, well, umm...*walks over and whispers to Edge, gesturing towards Bono*

Edge: Ohhhh...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom