U2 3D next year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have any stats as to how the film is doing? Of course our newspaper only mentions Hannah Montana breaking records--$29mil first weekend :)madspit: )

Carek1230 said:
Actually there is a difference. OmniMax theatres are domed, 360 degree visually surrounded theatres, where IMAX theatres are simply really big flat screens. I've been to both, and while the IMAX is stunning, it doesn't compare to the realism of OMNIMAX. I remember actually getting woozy at times from vertigo and other sensations while watching the OMNIMAX movies. It's that realistic.

As far as I know, there's only a half a dozen or so Omnimax theatres in the world. (the one I saw was the science center in Michigan, USA. You'll know the difference, because the projector is actually about a dozen or so seperate lenses that project a different part of the image on each area of the dome. And actually it's technically only about a 120 degree angle, though they don't bill it as such, however if you're sitting in your seat, it goes back as far as you can see. And these are specially made movies just for the omni max, because you have to film it with multiple cameras and convert it to the multi-camera projectors to view it on. That's why you'll never see mainstream movies there, just science and nature films... They're custom made.

Apparently IMAX and OMNIMAX films are produced by the same company. The difference still lies in the dome VS the flat screen.

http://www.msichicago.org/omax/aboutomni.html

Thanks for the input. Apparently it won't be available on an Omnimax screen, then.

Ali

Where'd you find the info Last Unicorn? :ohmy: cause if germany's getting it, my country should get it too!

:evil: otherwise I'm callin' Road Trip!!!!!

At u2 tour de, the confirmation came in just hours ago. Munich is the first cinema that is confirmed, others should follow.

No word yet about the film coming to my city (Vienna), but Munich isn't far and if it will come here after all, I'll be more than happy to see it a second time.

Galeongirl said:
odd how it's munich and not berlin! :sigh: we only have one IMAX, I'll keep on hoping!

I got an email confirmation from a cinema near Dusseldorf! I think that's a bit closer to where you live GG :wink:
But I'll write an email again in the next few weeks, cause I really want to be sure that they're showing the film!

last unicorn said:
No word yet about the film coming to my city (Vienna), but Munich isn't far and if it will come here after all, I'll be more than happy to see it a second time.

unicorn, you're such a manic concering this matter!!!:yes:

achtung_girl said:
But I'll write an email again in the next few weeks, cause I really want to be sure that they're showing the film!

okay, they said again that they're going to show the movie, unless there are no changes from the conferrer's point!:hmm: ...but I'm very optimistic!

last unicorn said:
At u2 tour de, the confirmation came in just hours ago. Munich is the first cinema that is confirmed, others should follow.

Gahhh, too bad that the premiere is on 12 march! I'm going to Munich not until April.

achtung_girl said:

I got an email confirmation from a cinema near Dusseldorf! I think that's a bit closer to where you live GG :wink:

:hmm: yea, Dusseldorf is near the border... and since I'm a student I can travel by train all over Holland for free, so that's another plus!

^I can travel with my student ticket for free, too! ha that's cool!
and actually the cinema I'm talking about is in Monchengladbach, that's a bit closer than Dusseldorf when you're coming from Holland! I think it's about 15 € with the german train then.:hmm:

:hmm: that's totally reasonable.....

:shifty: so, what date does it start playing?

:uhoh: my student ticket is only valid on weekdays tho... weekend I do get 40% off on teh normal price...

^ I think it starts on march 13. I'll ask them about weekends and check their website as often as I can!...so I'll let you know if there are any news!

My husband said this morning if I would lay out of work today he would take me to see U23D again---when will I ever listen to him. :madwife:

I went to Raleigh NC, to the Marbles Museum, they have an Imax there, 4 hours away from me, and i say it was a fantastic show!!!!, the day i went the theatre was almost empty though, maybe because i went in the daytime during the middle of the week, i stll rocked out and was hoarse from singing though, and i found myself almost feeling as if Bono was close enough to touch, I was trying to reach for him,lol I have to figure how im going to get there again before its done showing there at the end of the month, although it will be playing at the regular theatres 70 miles from me, oh well i guess i might need to see U2 about 7 more times:), run....... dont walk. to your nearest theatre. I dont think you will regret seeing this movie because in my humble opinion its well worth seeing.......Best concert movie i ever saw hands down:)

'U23D', New Openings

Wondering if 'U23D' is going to open where you live ? Word is that it's set to open in several more countries in the coming weeks.

No confirmed dates as yet but it seems likely that the new film is going to open within weeks in Australia and New Zealand, as well as Greece, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Holland, Denmark, Spain and France.

If your country is not in that list don't worry! Plans are underway for further openings in another dozen territories. As soon as we have confirmed openings and venues we'll post them.

'U23D' opens in Ireland and the UK next week.

http://u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2199

----------------
U2Miracle

Anyone going to the Dublin premiere on the 20th? The band are confirmed to attend so good luck to anyone going!!

javiu2 said:
'U23D', New Openings

Wondering if 'U23D' is going to open where you live ? Word is that it's set to open in several more countries in the coming weeks.

No confirmed dates as yet but it seems likely that the new film is going to open within weeks in Australia and New Zealand, as well as Greece, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Holland, Denmark, Spain and France.

If your country is not in that list don't worry! Plans are underway for further openings in another dozen territories. As soon as we have confirmed openings and venues we'll post them.

'U23D' opens in Ireland and the UK next week.

http://u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2199

----------------
U2Miracle

YAY!!!:happy:

Ava79 said:

I can relate to your pain here in Finland. I think I have given up on hope already. :sad:

There's still hope for us Swedes if you could consider making a trip over the Baltic. Our IMAX cinema, Cosmonova, in Stockholm have installed 3D projectors among other things. It's not confirmed that they will view U23D yet though, they are currently discussing the matter and will make a decision within the coming weeks.

They have at least been notified that there are U2 fans interested in a screening in Stockholm.

Let them know that you're interested if you are ;)

kop.cosmonova<at>nrm.se

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom