Throwing stuff at U2 on stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i_love_adam

War Child
I just watched the Slane DVD more carefully this time round and I'm suprised at how much stuff the Irish can throw at their megastar mascot. A memorable moment was someone tossing a water bomb at Bono during All I want is You, he searches the crowd for the pranksters and says "All I want is both of you, man" to them during Edge's solo. Another time, someone throws a cap at Edge during Staring at the Sun acoustic and Bono says "He has a few of those (caps) , man!" :lmao:And Edge was grinning wildly, but I wonder if it bothers them after a while?

So I was wondering, has the audience done a lot of throwing this time round on the Vertigo tour? I'd sure like to throw underwear at Adam.:wink:

On 'New Years Day' some one threw loo roll at Bono and it kinda got stuck round his head :lmao: that was funny. He laughed bout it too... can I... throw myself on stage?? :wink:

-Nikki

I wasn't wrong! Bono got annoyed at people throwing stuff at him too much!

Originally posted by Sicy in another board
This one is hilarious. Bono got PISSED! Some guy was throwing water at him and all I could see is Bono's lips mouthing at him and pointing going "fuck ________ fucking __________ fucker ________" LOL :yikes:

16867bonopissed.jpg

<from Oakland>

I hate the idea of throwing water at our boys! I always get scared they might catch pneumonia or something. It's chilly there!
hehe!

Last edited:
LOL, the Slane video is crazy! It's amazing how much stuff was being thrown around! Water bottles, beach balls, flags, hats... I don't understand the complusion to throw something at Bono. :huh:

i_love_adam said:
"All I want is both of you, man"

I always thought he said 'all I want is fucking you man' :shrug: ... can't remember where I read that...

i_love_adam said:
I wasn't wrong! Bono got annoyed at people throwing stuff at him too much!

<from Oakland>

I hate the idea of throwing water at our boys! I always get scared they might catch pneumonia or something. It's chilly there!
hehe!

The big danger with water is that someone could slip and fall and get really really hurt!

I saw guys going around the stage with rags, making sure it was nice and dry at at least two of the concerts I've seen, and there wasn't even someone actively tossing water that I saw.

Why on earth would anyone do someothing like that? :no: :tsk:

What's the whole point of throwing water...or really anything for that matter? :huh:

They don't like stuff getting thrown at them, sometime they get madder than at other times. If you throw them a present, they usually don't take it but the workers do. I threw a toy once and Dallas picked it up after the show.

Throwing stuff that might hurt them is bad. As Robert Plant once said when somene threw firecrackers at him, 'this is no longer clever."

U2Kitten said:
Throwing stuff that might hurt them is bad. As Robert Plant once said when somene threw firecrackers at him, 'this is no longer clever."

:yes:

...or like when David Bowie got a lollypop stuck in the eye at his concert in Oslo! :yikes:

MsGiggles said:
What's the whole point of throwing water...or really anything for that matter? :huh:

Exactly, but I have become convinced that a good number of U2's live audience thinks the BAND has shown up to see THEM. Seems most of the concert is devoted to getting the band's attention, and the music is merely an excuse or a backdrop.

It poses a real threat to the band's safety, and just because Bono doesn't stop the show, put his hands on his hips and say, OK, we're not playing another note until we find who threw that, doesn't mean he and the boys don't mind. Honestly, so many people claim they love this band to death, and really, they just treat them like shit.:yes:

FEELINNUMB said:

Exactly, but I have become convinced that a good number of U2's live audience thinks the BAND has shown up to see THEM. Seems most of the concert is devoted to getting the band's attention, and the music is merely an excuse or a backdrop.

It poses a real threat to the band's safety, and just because Bono doesn't stop the show, put his hands on his hips and say, OK, we're not playing another note until we find who threw that, doesn't mean he and the boys don't mind. Honestly, so many people claim they love this band to death, and really, they just treat them like shit.:yes:

I totally agree with you!!!!!

Honestly, so many people claim they love this band to death, and really, they just treat them like shit.

:applaud:

And not just by throwing things at them onstage, either...but that's a whole other discussion for another time.

Did anyone see what was thrown onstage during Vegas 2? Was it just a rag thrown by the stagehands to clean up after Bono threw water on the audience? It looked to me like someone threw something onstage at Bono's feet.

i_love_adam said:
Omgosh yuck! Couldn't he have ducked or something?

Apparently not. I wasn't there myself, so I don't know how it happend. :) I just remember reading about the incident and how incredibly angry Bowie got (can't blame the man!)...

Didn't someone throw something at Bono on the Boston DVD and he gave that person the middle finger? I would say he didn't appreciate that. :tsk:

I have seen A LOT of things thrown at Bono. I am :shocked: he hasn't :rant: and :yell: much more. I also agree that just because he doesn't stop the show, that doesn't mean that he's appreciative of everything that lands in his path.

Personally, I fear that he may slip, fall, and then I would have to jump onstage and give him mouth to mouth resuscitation. :drool:

That's for a slip and fall, right? :wink:

Yeah, on the Boston DVD someone threw a fairly large piece of ice, Bono leaned his head to the side just before it hit him, I screamed when I first saw the video, because it was going right for his face! Bono then gave the peace sign, but with the fingers turned in, so you could tell he was also giving the finger.:giggle:

The girl that threw the water at Bono last nite in Oakland, was TAKEN OUT OF THE ELLIPSE with 2 top U2 security in front of her and 2 in back of her, her and her husband were both taken out, she was hysterically crying....so I think its safe to say, Bono does not like having things thrown at him, he was VERY angry last nite. :(

Re: Re: Throwing stuff at U2 on stage

Merc said:

I always thought he said 'all I want is fucking you man' :shrug: ... can't remember where I read that...

Strange...I've always had that thought about him, myself.

(SORRY MODS!)

U2SJ said:
The girl that threw the water at Bono last nite in Oakland, was TAKEN OUT OF THE ELLIPSE with 2 top U2 security in front of her and 2 in back of her, her and her husband were both taken out, she was hysterically crying....so I think its safe to say, Bono does not like having things thrown at him, he was VERY angry last nite. :(
I just read the review from last night and I was shocked that someone would do that, Bono just got over being sick for a week (if not more), and did not need somebody throwing water on him! :sad:

Terrible. Have some respect for the band! And these people call themselves fans.

It's sad about last night, if it was an accident. But people should just know better. I dont think ANYONE would like stuff thrown at them.

U2SJ said:

Good. :up: Why would anyone do something so stupid? :tsk:

I totally agree. When she started doing it I was stunned, I didnt have time to tell her BAD IDEA. I guess she learned her lesson tho :(

Yeah, one more thing not to do when Bono's around. I'm already pretty paranoid about taking out my cellphone in front of him during the show. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom