The most pathetic U2 thing you've ever done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At work today, my supervisor told me she has the Joshua Tree album, I let out a small squeel and told her I felt liked hugging her... she looked at me like I was a crazied monkey and said 'No!'
:madwife:

ooo I though of another thing :D
The other week I was walking past the newsagent and out of the corner of my eye I saw something that resembled Bono, I stopped and squinted because his face has covered by a white sticker thingy and then YES! it was Bono on the cover of Who after I quickly dashed into the convience store I went back to the newsagent and told the owner guy that he had to re-position the poster outside because Bono was covered :)scream:) and then I went and found all the Who magazines and put them on the top shelf so Bono could be seen there as well.
Sheesh don't these people know who he is?! And they look at me like I'm the weird freaky person :mad:

Ok that is all :D

Last edited:
I spent a pathetic amount of money on u2ey stuff this year...
BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!

anything else....spending time here and :drool: :drool: :drool: ing is perfectly normal...

BEVERLY56 said:
We were shopping for a plasma tv most of Oct & Nov. Every time we went into Best Buy (quite a few times) they were showing the promo for the Live 8 DVD, which of course was Sgt. Pepper. Stood there and watched it on 12 42" tv's at once.... Ahhhhhhh. Life is good.
Oooh! That happened to me when I was in Best Buy not long ago. I looked up, and when I saw what was on the TVs I go "Look! It's Bono!" and ran up to them. I got stared at ;)

I, personally, didn't think what I did was weird at the time. :lol: I guess it's sort of like how people think I'm nuts to have waited outside The Garden in Boston from 3 in the morning just to get the rail. Jeez, no one understands... Or at least no one but everyone on here!

The big VIRGIN-VERTIGO decal was awesome. I didn't see it at first until I was leaving, going up the elevator and looked down. Then I just had to go back down and stand on it. Then I got sucked back into watching the DVD. Some genius decided to PAUSE the DVD right before the pinnacle of Streets (where Bono gives Adam some love, my favorite part!). Puhlease. No one wants to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Gimme more U2!!:sad:

my friends think my second u2 concert six hours away for $335 for two tickets was pretty pathetic.:madspit:

MsPurrl said:

The one just off of I-65 between Indianapolis and Chicago. My department head (boss) tolerates my obsession. :giggle:

Hmm....that gives me some idea. :giggle: Very cool.

geegeelovesadam said:

I also named my trumpet Bono because trumpet it obviously the Bono of brass instruments (Adam's the trombone, Edge is the french horn, and Larry's the sousaphone... and I actually took the time to think that over :nerd: )

I totally agree with you about Edge being the french horn. LOL!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Oooh! That happened to me when I was in Best Buy not long ago. I looked up, and when I saw what was on the TVs I go "Look! It's Bono!" and ran up to them. I got stared at ;)

:lmao:

something similiar happened to me and my husband in Best Buy a couple weeks ago....we were walking past the tv's, we got to this super expensive flat screen thing when clips from a U2 DVD started playing...I think it was slane:scratch: anyway so were were staring at this $10,000 tv when a salesman runs up to us and asks us if we were interested in the TV.....we said "No...we are just watching U2".....he he he...he was like "oh:| "

Dismantled said:

something similiar happened to me and my husband in Best Buy a couple weeks ago....we were walking past the tv's, we got to this super expensive flat screen thing when clips from a U2 DVD started playing...I think it was slane:scratch: anyway so were were staring at this $10,000 tv when a salesman runs up to us and asks us if we were interested in the TV.....we said "No...we are just watching U2".....he he he...he was like "oh:| "

lol.. that has to hurt as a salesman:p
did he turn the tv off afterwards?

Ok, I have a couple more.

I was at the mall with my friend yesterday and we walked by a calander store. We stopped in and I ofcourse was looking for a U2 calander (not that I was going to find one). They have the calanders organized by sections, so I told my friend "hold on, I won't be quick, I know what I'm looking for." And she goes "what? U2?" Like it wasn't obvious. :giggle:

So there's this website that you can search for when different music artists will be on tv. I don't have any music tv stations at my college house, but I still go to the website frequently to see when U2 will be on. In hopes that I could bum some MTV from a friend that lives in a dorm, or that the show will be on when I'm back at my parent's house (with satallite tv).

Galeongirl said:

lol.. that has to hurt as a salesman:p
did he turn the tv off afterwards?

no...we kept watching and he walked away:eeklaugh: oooops.....ha ha ha...I hate that store anyway.

I got a 15 second clip of Adam on my phone at the last show I went to. I show it to everyone even though it's wayyy too close and too blurry to really make anything out. It's sort of like looking at a sonogram. I have to explain to people: "Look, see! There's part of his head! LOOK! There's the neck of his bass.." At which point I usually get this look :eyebrow:

That and anytime I'm talking to someone and there's a lull in the conversation, I start in with: "You know who's great? Bono." :yes:

:coocoo:

They'd sell alot more of those expensive tv's if they came with U2 clips or music videos. I know Rattle & Hum looks DAMN GOOD ON MY 42" PLASMA

They'd sell alot more of those expensive tv's if they came with U2 clips or music videos. I know Rattle & Hum looks DAMN GOOD ON MY 42" PLASMA

(Plans to get out Chicago to watch on it tonight for the 1st time) Must hurry and add the surround sound system.

BEVERLY56 said:

its looks good on my 19" plasma.....:wink:

42 inches:ohmy: damn!

BEVERLY56 said:

(Plans to get out Chicago to watch on it tonight for the 1st time) Must hurry and add the surround sound system.

*envies*
I'm having a super small tv... but still, it's U2 so automatically great! chicago is a great concert :) I loooove Bono's kittymoves during An Cath Dubh... also note the many times he wipes his face with a black towel :p
and about that surround sound system, I bet Bono eating his Birthday ice cream sounds great on that!(disc 2 of the special edition)

This is really pathetic: for Christmas *last* year, I got the "Live Aid" DVD--and I have not watched it yet. Nor have I watched the "Rattle and Hum" DVD I got a couple of months ago. How sad is that??? :reject:

My only excuse is that MrPurrl hogs the TV for sports. :(

MsPurrl said:
This is really pathetic: for Christmas *last* year, I got the "Live Aid" DVD--and I have not watched it yet. Nor have I watched the "Rattle and Hum" DVD I got a couple of months ago. How sad is that??? :reject:

My only excuse is that MrPurrl hogs the TV for sports. :(

Oh don't feel so bad MsPurrl, I got Rattle and Hum as a wedding gift in September....I only got around to watching half of it last weekend:reject: we are in the same boat:reject:

Bono should punish us:drool:

GracelandHarley said:

No, no, no, Carmel... you got to see U2 FOUR times, is the way to look at it!!

It's all about the music, right? And I missed out on one of my only chances (I did see them the first night) to see them this tour, because I couldn't get any friends to go the second night... who lost out? Just me!! (Well, so did my friends, but we're not concerned about them at this point, are we?)

Your my concert role model!!! Good on you, and U2 rules!!!
:bow:

:rockon: :rockon:

AWW, thanks...I was feeling like such a loser all this time standing in the line all alone and who would have ever thought I was cool and brave:nerd: I had seats for the STL and Chi town 5/9 shows and GA for Omaha and Chicago 9/21 and I will never forget how wonderful those shows where and I am truly grateful for being able to go.

I cannot believe how lame my friends are for not wanting to go:madspit: I am sure you can relate. I had to beg my boyfriend to go to Omaha with me and he said never again!!! Can you believe that.:mad: Well I did scream like a mad woman whenever Bono or Adam walked pass us.:wink:

To Graceland:hug:

Dismantled said:

Oh don't feel so bad MsPurrl, I got Rattle and Hum as a wedding gift in September....I only got around to watching half of it last weekend:reject: we are in the same boat:reject:

Bono should punish us:drool:

I feel so bad for the both of you! :(
I'm thankful my husband understand my U2 obession and gives up the TV for when I want to watch my DVDs.

Galeongirl said:

at least you've been at concerts! I havent... but I listen to them each day for a few hours(when I'm on the pc) and I check the dvds at least once a week too... I mostly can't decide wich one, so I watch slane :lol: since that one's always in my dvd player

AWWW, Galeongirl...I had no idea that you have not been to a show this tour:( I had to really save my pennies to go to these shows myself. The nearest show was a 2 hour drive the other 4 hour and I took a plane to Chi town twice.

The Slane DVD is awsome, I never get tierd of that.:rockon:

One day you will be able to see a U2 show live, I can feel it.:hug:

BonoFox1 said:
I keep a Vhs tape in my recorder, and tape ANYTHING ((well almost anything)) U2 related..you can bet I have a LOT of snippets regarding U2!!!!:|

Me too!!! :lmao: :D
I love Mtv for their top 10 at 12 and stuf :drool:
I WANT MY MTV!!

And I force my friends and family to watch them.. And I think a lot of the things that U2 do in their videos and so are really funny.. So I'm sitting there laughing myself to death, while the others just :| What's so funny? :eyebrow:

I also buy every U2 thing I come over! If I run out of money after buying it, I still do.. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom