The Lines On Your Face

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
After the discussion this week in Band Sightings about Bono's gracefully aging face, I've been thinking about the words in "Summer Rain" a lot and I found some of Bono's BEST LYRICS EVER! :yes:

So, to hopefully put a POSITIVE spin on any further discussion of Bono's physical appearance, here are some words of wisdom from the B-man. I hope they will encourage you to "dream out loud" and not worry about "the lines on your face"!

There's MUCH MORE TO LIFE THAN PHYSICAL BEAUTY!:up:

When you stop seeing beauty you start growing old
The lines on your face are a map to your soul
When you stop taking chances you'll stay where you sit
You won't live any longer but it will feel like it.....

Just as you find me always I will be
A little bit too free with myself.....

It's not why you're running
It's where you're going
It's not what you're dreaming
BUT WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO
It's not where you're born
It's where you belong
It's not how weak
BUT WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STRONG.....:hug:

What GREAT LYRICS and what INSPIRATION to live by! THANK YOU, BONO, FOR SOME OF THE BEST WORDS OF WISDOM I'VE EVER HEARD!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :angel: :wave:

Jamila said:
There's MUCH MORE TO LIFE THAN PHYSICAL BEAUTY!:up:

:eyebrow:

Ahem. Well. If somebody told me that, I would take it that they didn't think I was physically attractive but it was okay anyway. :huh:

I'm sorry, but I still feel some things, even in the most sweetsie way, are still just not necessary to mention. There are some things that don't need to be said, or can be politely and tactfully ignored. What I'm trying to say is, the less attention brought to some things, the better. Even going on about how 'we love you anyway but it doesn't matter!'

But I will say I always did find the lyrics to Summer Rain beautiful and inspiring (especially as years creep up on you LOL) However, I have also often thought how 'old' he and Edge (yes Edge helped with the lyrics) must have felt when they wrote it. :|

I agree, U2Kitten!

I wish we would only focus on the POSITIVE about U2 and each other - the negatives are obvious and don't need to be mentioned.:yes:

But I'm afraid as the new CD approaches and as people's excitement reaches a "fever level" - many of us will stay "stuck in the moment" of physical appearances and not "elevate" ourselves to a higher place.:ohmy:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING.....:up: :angel: :hug: :love:

Re: Re: The Lines On Your Face

U2Kitten said:

:eyebrow:

Ahem. Well. If somebody told me that, I would take it that they didn't think I was physically attractive but it was okay anyway. :huh:

I'm sorry, but I still feel some things, even in the most sweetsie way, are still just not necessary to mention. There are some things that don't need to be said, or can be politely and tactfully ignored. What I'm trying to say is, the less attention brought to some things, the better. Even going on about how 'we love you anyway but it doesn't matter!'

But I will say I always did find the lyrics to Summer Rain beautiful and inspiring (especially as years creep up on you LOL) However, I have also often thought how 'old' he and Edge (yes Edge helped with the lyrics) must have felt when they wrote it. :|

:up:

I agree with you too Jamila when you say that we should focus on the positive things about U2, that the negatives are obvious and don't need to be mentioned. :up: I didn't read any discussion on Band Sightings about Bono's aging face so I'm sorry if this might be a bit off topic but I just want to say that I honestly doubt there's anyone here in this site that is so futile to the point of not caring about the music anymore and just being here because of the physical beauty of the U2 members. I'm not a woman but still I must say that in my humble opinion Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry are not as good looking as some people say but I think it's awesome that people think that they are because, to me, that's a proof of how much some people care about the band members. Cause I think that a lot of times people end up thinking some of the members of U2 are handsome and this and that because they are truly in love with their art to a point where the ordinary becomes extraordinary. But as I said I think that?s great cause I see a healthy and a lot of the times a humorous "idolization" of U2 here. :yes:

I once read this great story about Humphrey Bogart (I?m sorry if I?m not telling it exactly the way it happened though) where he was in a movie set and they were going to shoot a close up of him so the director told the DP to don't put much light on Bogart cause he was too old, Bogart went to the DP and said to him something like "Do you see this lines on my face? I worked for a long time to get them so make sure you light them." I love this story!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Thanks, biff!:wink:

I believe that our REAL attraction to the members of U2 has more to do with their humanity (their humility,honesty, manners and social concern) then it real;y does with their looks.:yes:

They are ALL VERY HANDSOME MEN but would be just another aging Rock band if it was not for the GREAT MUSIC AND INSPIRATION that we all find in their songs.:love:

We should be able to appreciate their physical appearances AND the MESSAGE in their music - these are not conflicting ideas!

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....;) :angel: :hug:

Jamila said:
I believe that our REAL attraction to the members of U2 has more to do with their humanity (their humility, honesty, manners and social concern) then it really does with their looks. :yes:

They are ALL VERY HANDSOME MEN but would be just another aging Rock band if it was not for the GREAT MUSIC AND INSPIRATION that we all find in their songs. :love:

:applaud: Yes, yes, yes! It's the inner beauty that shines through; their beautiful souls are seen in their music, their social work, everything they do. And that is why I love them. :love:

Sorry, The Brazilian Fly! Sometimes these forums are so full of info that I get confused - let everyone else!:lmao:

Anyway, thanks for letting me use the lmao smily - I've been waiting for the right time!

LOVE AND PEACE to all...:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

I'm just amazed that 43-44 years old is considered to be aging - maybe it is the fact that U2 have been in the public eye for 20+ years is what is the factor. True the 15 year old version of myself fell "totally" in love with Bono with the one vidoe (I have not been quite right since:wink: ) but it was not just for a pretty face but for the sum of all the parts - I was drawn to the band for their compassion, honsety, togetherness and the fact they they sounded amazing together. U2 has been - corny as it may sound - the soundtrack to my life. I can't be upset for them "aging" because I have too.
P.S. - I still find all members of the band "totally" lustworthy - that 15 year old version of myself is still alive and kicking

Jamila, while we all have a right to our opinions of course, there is something I think you need to understand. A lot of people post here, a lot of different people. Not just this, but a lot of what you say is sometimes controversial or borderline provacative. I think you know this, you even add a little :ohmy: after some of them. So, while you do have a right to express your views, you can't really expect that they may not draw remarks or disagreements you do not want to hear. Always going PEACE AND LOVE EVERYONE!!! and LET'S KEEP IT POSITIVE!! isn't always going to work. If you only want peace and love and positive things, then don't say things that might bring comments you don't want to hear. :uhoh:

Yes, yes, yes! It's the inner beauty that shines through; their beautiful souls are seen in their music, their social work, everything they do. And that is why I love them

who U2 have grown into I am more impressed with them know then I ever have been lines and all, I think its healthy to have a balanced opinon of what they look like or what people feel about it as long as it's not down right insulting or disrespectful to them then. Hey if you hear only good things all the time you know your not getting the truth .. I respect people who stay true to who they are and what they believe and dont change that to fit into anything that why I have always loved U2 they never make apologies for who they are or what they do an take responsibility for that ..they say what they mean and mean what they say and that with their personality and good ol irish charm is absolutley attractive and gets my respect...

U2Kitten said:
Jamila, while we all have a right to our opinions of course, there is something I think you need to understand. A lot of people post here, a lot of different people. Not just this, but a lot of what you say is sometimes controversial or borderline provacative. I think you know this, you even add a little :ohmy: after some of them. So, while you do have a right to express your views, you can't really expect that they may not draw remarks or disagreements you do not want to hear. Always going PEACE AND LOVE EVERYONE!!! and LET'S KEEP IT POSITIVE!! isn't always going to work. If you only want peace and love and positive things, then don't say things that might bring comments you don't want to hear. :uhoh:

I agree.

Jamila I got nothing against you but sometimes I feel like you want to say something but you hide it behind the emoticons or some kind of moral preaching instead of just being direct. Nobody likes to be told which way you're supposed to live or what's morally right or wrong. I think people are aware of whatever is happening, they just make a choice. You have posted a million times the line ?We?re one but we?re not the same?, that means we got to respect people?s differences. Different people have different opinions and points of view, but just because it's different doesn't mean it's wrong.

I simply was sharing lyrics of Bono's and trying to positively counterbalance some of the comments which were in the thread in Band Sightings where people were getting on Phalanx's case for mentioning his friend's impression of the B-man's appearance.

If anyone read any more into that thread, then I would have to question why that was necessary to do - and can't we start this week out on a POSITIVE note?:up:

Why is it that some peopel have to consistently find something wrong in what other people say? Unless it is a comment that SO offends you that you feel completely compelled to comment - LET IT GO!

I came here to PLEBA happy this morning only to find a negative comment! Who's the negative poster?

:ohmy:

U2Kitten, I have never said ANYTHING attacking your comments, yet you consistently try to tear mine down.

I really don't think it's fair. But I would rather we just go our separate ways rather than cat fight here. I DON'T WANT IT!

The question is - DO YOU? I HOPE NOT.

LOVE AND PEACE TO ALL....
:hug: :hug:

Oh sure, POSITIVE :up: PEACE AND LOVE :happy:

What I'm trying to say to you is that you are always playing miss I'm so sweet and goody two shoes but you have said several things in several threads that caused discussions that did not go the way you wanted them to and then you blame everyone else for it, and say U2 does not want you to act like that. I'm saying you have a right to say what you want but so does everyone else. You can't demand peace love and happiness all the time, there will be times when people post things you do not want to see, and all the capital letters and happy smilies aren't going make everyone just shut up and let you see things your way.

Now don't respond to me in a negative way! :happy:

PEACE, LOVE AND POSITIVE U2 FUZZIES! :love: :cute: :)

(now you see how it looks?)

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:

I agree.

Jamila I got nothing against you but sometimes I feel like you want to say something but you hide it behind the emoticons or some kind of moral preaching instead of just being direct. Nobody likes to be told which way you're supposed to live or what's morally right or wrong. I think people are aware of whatever is happening, they just make a choice. You have posted a million times the line ?We?re one but we?re not the same?, that means we got to respect people?s differences. Different people have different opinions and points of view, but just because it's different doesn't mean it's wrong.

:yes: Very good way to put it.

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:

I agree.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

By the consistent nit-picking this morning, I think people are showing their "true colors" - and unfortunately, they are NOT TRUE U2 colors.

I attack NO ONE here personally, yet I am one of the favorite targets at PLEBA for cheap shots for people who must not have anything better to do on a Monday morning than to pick a fight.

We all have the right to post her - PLEBA BELONGS TO NO PARTICULAR POSTERS.

And I think that the larger issue is that today the nay-sayers and "clickish" people are picking on me, but tomorrow THEY MAY BE PICKING ON YOU!

My friends, don't you know the law of karma - WHAT GOES AROUND WILL COME AROUND.

Be ready when it comes back at you!

And U2 - I'm REALLY sorry that we are dividing ourselves again like this.:edge: :adam: :larry: :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug: ;)

HOW LONG TO SING THIS SONG?

(argue amongst yourselves - I have better things to do)

Jamila said:

Exactly what I mean when I say you can't expect everyone to feel the same way about things, yet you think people who have a problem with your posts are bad and un-U2ey. :sigh: I don't think any of us has cornered the market on what is or is not "TRUE U2 COLORS!" to be preaching about it. You consistently make snide comments about how we here care about physical appearance then go :ohmy: That's what PLEBA is about, if you don't like that aspect of fandom why are you here? :shrug:

(argue amongst yourselves - I have better things to do)

I'm not going to say it :silent:

Last edited:
Jamila said:
By the consistent nit-picking this morning, I think people are showing their "true colors" - and unfortunately, they are NOT TRUE U2 colors.

Not true U2 colors? What exactly is that? We are all U2 fans here. So who decides what 'true' U2 colors are? If I don't like a U2 song, does that make me any less of a fan? If I don't like a particular look of a band member, am I less of a fan then? And if I state my opinion to another PLEBAn, who obviously disagrees with my view, does that make me less of a fan?

Exactly, and that is what gives us the right to nicely discuss things, even if someone disagrees. If we want freedom of speech, we have to be prepared to listen to things we don't want to hear.

I'm sorry you feel left out and attacked. But I have to say you do seem to hide a little, and try to direct everyone to a certain point of view. I understand that you may want us all to get along, but, if that is the case, try and look at it like this-even Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry don't get along all the time, and argue over different ideas. Everyone does, that's reality. We come from all over. We have different lives and we all see things in different ways.

common guys I thought we moved past this long ago .. agree to be different then lets get off this, or do it in private.

TheBrazilianFly said:

I agree.

I agree, and also dont like people saying it because they do something because U2 does it. Like ok, Bono introduced me to a lot of different worldly problems. Then I took it one stop further and did something I thank Bono for educating me, which he still does today. But not hes not the reason I am with AWF and help out DATA etc.. its because I see the problem and want to help with it. Make the world better. Everyone get what im saying? I guess im saying it takes within your heart then just to do it for a band and because the band does it.

Back
Top Bottom