TEEN PLEBAn Party: Waiting For July...*cricket*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hotel Staff: U2 concert tomorrow. F***K!!!
*list of wake-up calls falls to floor*
Hotel Staff: :|:|:|:|:|:|

Although I feel that I should have my own alarm. I don't trust them...they could mess me up!! :yikes:

:lol:

It depends on the way the stadium is situated. At Gillette, the line was directly in front of the entrance, so not only were we just staring down the Claw all day, we could hear the soundchecks perfectly. They were also a little late, so we were all standing squished and ready to go by that time so everyone was pretty quiet.

At Giants and FedEx, it was almost impossible to hear because the walls of the stadium completely block the sound.

Oh alrighty. Don't mind me asking all these questions. I've just never done GA before and I'm so curious.

So how do you know if they're doing the numbers the night before? I'd still be a little skeptical to think they'd honour them the next day. I'd still wanna get there at like 6am just in case.

I love being asked questions :hyper: It makes me feel like I know stuff!!! Even though I'm no expert, only having done this three times. Some people have done it...oh dear, I can't even begin to imagine how many times. Granted, they're older than me :wink:

You really have to play the whole thing by ear, and be on top of it. There are no set times and guidlines, you just have to be flexible and at the ready, I guess. They did have that problem at the Rose Bowl, where the people working there were not honoring the system set up by the people lining up (which is generally highly organized, I hear). They were just not honoring the numbers, creating a huge mess.

But usually, it's just other GAers that are running the line, and the numbers are honored and you can come and go. You just have to be there when they give out the first wristbands, and you never know when that'll be. Everyone is usually back very early anyway.

Okay sounds like a pretty good system :up: I like that the fans take care of each like that.

So in the afternoon do they give you a time when you can leave and put all your stuff in the car or back in the room?

And also, is the getting in part really intense? I have this idea in my mind that you just have to grab onto whoever you're there with and run like hell lol.

Everyone is really great. I mean, you can get a few jerks...there was someone who tried to cut the line at the end...but for the most part everyone I met was awesome.

It was between 2 and 3 o'clock that everyone went to put anything they weren't taking in back in their cars. You can keep stuff with you after that, but it has to be thrown away if you cant take it in (blankets, umbrellas, etc). In NJ all I had was a ratty blanket an old umbrella because I didn't have my car :crack: Also, I would advise strongly against bringing a bag in. You're allowed to, but they have to check it, and that slows you down :down:

I felt that the getting in part was quite intense, haha. I'm not in any great shape, so it was hard. Basically what happened was they give the high sign and they start scanning your tickets and "frisking", and then you just run for your life. Being careful not to be grabbed by the security, of course :lol: They're all, "DON'T RUN" :laugh:

Everyone is really great. I mean, you can get a few jerks...there was someone who tried to cut the line at the end...but for the most part everyone I met was awesome.

It was between 2 and 3 o'clock that everyone went to put anything they weren't taking in back in their cars. You can keep stuff with you after that, but it has to be thrown away if you cant take it in (blankets, umbrellas, etc). In NJ all I had was a ratty blanket an old umbrella because I didn't have my car :crack: Also, I would advise strongly against bringing a bag in. You're allowed to, but they have to check it, and that slows you down :down:

I felt that the getting in part was quite intense, haha. I'm not in any great shape, so it was hard. Basically what happened was they give the high sign and they start scanning your tickets and "frisking", and then you just run for your life. Being careful not to be grabbed by the security, of course :lol: They're all, "DON'T RUN" :laugh:

Everything sounds so awesome! Uhhh why can't it be summer yet :crack:
I was playing with my camera a few minutes ago seeing if it's easy to switch from picture mood to video mood without looking. Just to see if I can do it fast at the shows :lol:

Ohhhh yeah, better practice camera expertise. I tend to be real crap at that stuff. I didn't bring a camera, for a few reasons...
1) Didn't want to take the time to have them check it
2)I didn't want to be fumbling with a camera during the show. I just wanted to experience it, and not be distracted.

Good thing other people took pictures :wink:

^Nah, not unless the lens is borderline too big. If it's just a little point-and-shoot, it's no big deal. I pretty sure there are multiple threads on this, cuz some people want to hide professional cameras in their pants and take pretty pics :giggle:

Man, I got to get sum freakin GA tickets.

YES you do!! So you can join us in the madess :D Shouldn't be that hard to find one, right?

^Nah, not unless the lens is borderline too big. If it's just a little point-and-shoot, it's no big deal. I pretty sure there are multiple threads on this, cuz some people want to hide professional cameras in their pants and take pretty pics :giggle:

YES you do!! So you can join us in the madess :D Shouldn't be that hard to find one, right?

Good to know :up:

Alrighty I'm gonna take off for a bit. My eyes need a break from the computer :wink:

Laters Ladies :hug:

No, it shouldn't be...all I need is one and I'll get there as early as I need to but I can't buy one yet until this whole College this is sorted out because on sum of my applications I selected "Willing to begin in the summer"

Yikes, June?! That'll be just after graduation?

Forgive me if this is idiotic...but does that mean you would GO to Abu Dhabi, or is that just the name of the part of the college or...something? :reject: :reject:

You're a serious student :up: I blew off two weeks of school this semester for this :down:

And you know, I never looked at my final grades...:hmm:

Yikes, June?! That'll be just after graduation?

Forgive me if this is idiotic...but does that mean you would GO to Abu Dhabi, or is that just the name of the part of the college or...something? :reject: :reject:

You're a serious student :up: I blew off two weeks of school this semester for this :down:

And you know, I never looked at my final grades...:hmm:

LOL I made an edit and I deleted the Abu Dhabi thing...but yeah, I'd go there...it sounds interesting...

^^ :hug: aww Val. worried?

^ are you looking for particular pics? then try basing it around that, thats what I did for the b&w leather day thread.

Or a particular era ya fancy looking at :hmm:

I'm one of those annoying people who freak out unnecessarily. I also have an irrational fear of needles and pain. Yay!! I just want this to be over.

Favorite era :hmm: Maybe I'll be like...everyone post pics from their favorite era. That makes it easy :lol: Cause I can't think of another theme to center it around.

Gotta eat dinner now, then American Idol :D

I hope you can sleep soon. I'll be around tomorrow.

:wave: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom