Surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gluey, I know you since not so long...geez, I don't know you in person at all, in fact. :huh:
But I guess is what happens when you bump into this site. You suddenly have the impression of knowing everyone here since a life. Or at least is what happened to me.
So I know I'll miss you. But I'll look forward to find the spliced hands of your avi in our threads soon.
Keep quiet. Everything will be ok.
Well, we usually don't say good luck in Italy.
So here's my wish for you...in bocca al lupo! :hug:
:kiss:

gluey said:
^^ What? You're not coming in to give me a foot rub??? :ohmy:

:tsk:

:wink: :giggle:

:hug: JC, 4 nights in hospital and 4-6 weeks recovery....then I'm Bionic :yes: :giggle: I'm so relieved it's getting fixed after all these months. I've heard nothing but positive about the surgery too which is helping. I just want to get it over and done with now.... :waiting:

We MUST talk then before you have your surgery!!!!

Good luck with the surgery, I`m sure it will be worth it just to be painfree at last.
I had a tennis elbow release 2 weeks ago and am still recovering. Not got full movement in my arm yet but I`m working on it - again a 4 - 6 week recovery - but its fab to lay on the safa every afternoon watching all my u2 DVDs! And I`ll have something to discuss with Larry if I ever get to meet him in the flesh!!!!

All the best :wave: :hug:

Nearly forgot - don`t forget to rub bio-oil into your scar when its healed - it really does work at improving its appearance - I`m doing it 4 times a day and it gets better everyday.

bonoishot said:
Good luck with your surgery Gluey. :hug::hug: Send one of the girls a text after so we know your ok.

Yes ignore all the signs saying no mobile phones in hospital - it`s a load of b*******!!

I`m a theatre nurse and all the doctors use their phones all the time. Just hide it under your bedcovers!!!! Put it on vibrate - even better!!!!!!!:wink: :giggle:

:lol: Gotta love that vibrate mode!

Thanks Pamela for the advice about the bio oil....the scar will be running through the centre of a tattoo on my back :yikes: so I will be needing all the help I can get!

I will definitely text so you know I'm ok, and so that I don't miss too much gossip....looking forward to watching all my DVD's over and over and over again :drool:

Gluey - we'll all be thinking of you. 4 days in hospital?? YUCK. I always push to get out early. Best of luck through the recovery. We'll miss you!

gluey, since I will be out of town for the next week and a half, I want to take this opportunity to wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery!
:hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Lots of love to you gluey! I know three people who've had similar back surgeries and they all came out fine. One wasn't cured of being an arsehole, but modern medicine can only do so much, :wink: :lol:

Anyways, I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery. :heart: :heart: :heart:

(Sorry it took me so long to find this thread, I'm kinda :der: lately. :reject: )

:hug: Thanks everyone....I'm having an increasingly bad week pain wise.....it's pretty bad today and I've been in bed for most of it. Dr's have just increased my pain meds....it's working a tiny bit but not much......so back to bed for me now.....:(

:hug:

Gluey. :hug: :hug: :hug: It won't be long now. And you know, when you're flat on your back you could always invite a certain entertainer round to entertain you. You could also suggest he massages your back, brings you food and drink and as it's October, keep you warm (ok, so it's probably the beginning of summer or something where you are, but who needs a reason to have the B on top, I mean, beside you..:evil:). I'll be thinking of you. You'll have to come online afterwards as soon as so that you can read all your good luck messages. :kiss:

Glueys.....:no: I so feel for you. Mr YDW was so uncomfortable with his back, he was bent double for months. Anyway, you'll be up and about soon. It'll be cool and just think you'll have all that time on your hands to recooperate....:evil: Mr Gluey is gonna be soooo busy....mwah.....

Galeongirl said:
:hmm: we should all go visit her together and make a big PLEBAn Par-tay over there! :yippie:

:up: Yup. Totally brilliant idea, Gg. Now then; who's going to be in charge of the Bononapping and alcohol? We'll need volunteers to seek out the Bonosapien and transport him to Gluey's.

I'm more then happy to look after the alcohol. :drunk: So long as I get a few BonoSnogs in before I pass out...

Gluey says the party sounds like fun, and to give big hugs to everyone from her...
*BIG HUGS*

Count me in for the par-tay! :hyper: I'll bring tim tams :drool:

Gluey - sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable. I'm sending you good vibes for relief until your surgery & then a quick recovery after. :hug:

I know I was really nervous about my post-op recovery last month, but things went really well. My prayers are that you'll have a similar experience. Keep us updated, 'K? :up:

BluRmGrl said:
Gluey - sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable. I'm sending you good vibes for relief until your surgery & then a quick recovery after. :hug:

I know I was really nervous about my post-op recovery last month, but things went really well. My prayers are that you'll have a similar experience. Keep us updated, 'K? :up:

Glad to hear things went well for you BRG. :hug: Hospitals and surgery etc is an unpleasant time to have to go through but it's worth it in the end. Thumbs up for Gluey too.

Hi all!! :hug:

Just dropping in briefly...having a not too bad day today. Still can't sit, so at the moment I'm on my knees, lying over my swiss stability ball!! I must look odd!!

5 sleeps to go until D-Day....:uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom