Spice us up Bono - ROCKER'S SONG FOR GIRLS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msdw59

Acrobat
Here's the latest Bono news!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/2007/10/01/spice-us-up-bono-89520-19874131/

Spice us up Bono
EXCLUSIVE: ROCKER'S SONG FOR GIRLS
01/10/2007

He's no stranger to a good deed or two and now Bono has accepted one of his toughest missions yet - a collaboration with the Spice Girls.

We can exclusively reveal that the Ir
ish rocker - best known for his work with U2, Third World debt and Aids victims - has written a brand new song for the reuniting popsters.

The tune is set to be included in the Spice Girls' forthcoming greatest hits album and Baby, Ginger, Posh, Scary and Sporty will perform it on their world tour.

We've been told that record label bosses are getting increasingly jittery about how well the album will perform when it hits the shops.

Advertisement
It could be out as early as November 5 - but that could still change depending on the competition out there.

So they asked Bono, 47, to see if he could help out - and were delighted when he said yes. Posh is already close to the rocker, whose Red campaign raises money to help victims of Aids. Hubby David Beckham has also helped out when he appeared in a TV advert for the Motorola's Red Razr mobile phone.

Our impeccable music insider tells us: "It might seem unusual with the Spice Girls' pop roots and the much more rockier work of Bono, but it works.

"There's been a bit of unease as to how the album will perform and if there's still a solid Spice Girls' fanbase out there.

"However Bono's involvement has lifted the whole camp and he's delighted to have been asked and add his experience."

The name of the song is at the moment a closely-guarded secret but our insider adds: "Bono is a brilliant musician and is up for the challenge and can pull off any sort of musical style. Expect the unexpected."

Maybe it will be an angry rant railing against the injustice of global poverty - we'll just have to wait and see.

The band - on £10million apiece - are to play one UK date in London on their 15-concert world tour.

Wonder if a certain Irish superstar will jump on stage and join them...

Hmm, it appears that Canadiens1160 was right after all. These did come in handy.

I'm with Larry on this one...
rerecordlarrykm6bi4.jpg

And the title? I guess Bono could tell us himself:
kneelingbonodw9fg9.jpg

:lol: Oh my god! Am I the only one that thinks this could be brilliant? I'm cracking up over it, and facepalming a little bit, but you know what? If it actually happens, I'll probably love it.

I do hope this is soooooooo NOT happening.
I'm really dissapointed.
I mean, it is already bad enough that u2 are only releasing an album once at four years, and they are no longer innovative and brilliant - frankly, music is not their priority anymore, or at least Bono's - but come on- how low is Bono going to get? For publicity, or what? Don't they have enough money?
First he had this duet with J.Lo, now he writes for Spice Girls(God forbid he join them on stage), he had a duet with Kylie Minogue...Who's next in line, the Cheeky Girls?
I do not mind this to be insulting, I adore U2 music and I admire Bono, but I feel really dissapointed.
What is he thinking of?

Excuse me, when did Bono have a duet with J Lo? :scratch:

All the whining about an unconfirmed tabloid rumour ...

What if Bono is friends with one of the Spice Girls and he's simply doing them a favour? He isn't a judgemental person after all. Him writing a song for them is not the worst scenario. However, him performing with them could easily be. A big NO NO to that!

crazyu2 said:
First he had this duet with J.Lo, now he writes for Spice Girls(God forbid he join them on stage), he had a duet with Kylie Minogue...Who's next in line, the Cheeky Girls?

...don't forget natalie imbruglia got in line for a duet with him last month by praising him right and left saying he's her secret dream...:giggle:

besides, j-lo has lately stated her wishes of getting on stage with spice girls during their next tour...so...the circle shuts itself :giggle:

(I also don't know about a duet between j-lo and bono: I remember there were rumors in summer 2003 but then nothing more)

Yes, because everything we read and hear in the media is absolutely true.

I wish people stopped panicking just because a rumour is making its rounds.

As for others wanting to collaborate with Bono: I can SO understand this, especially the ladies.

Bono is a nice, polite, charming man, he is very diplomatic and not prejudiced, I think he's open for everyone and everything. You never hear him bashing other artists publicly, like some others do, he is always respectful and tries to see the good in everyone. That's part of why I love him.

Apart from that, there are people I don't want to see him collaborate with, because I don't like what they do, but that's just me. If he decides to do so anyway, it's fine with me.

No, I do not believe everything that's in the media. I happen to study communication - and we take journalism courses and courses of how media manipulates. Believe me, I understand the media system very well.
The main point in my post was not about Bono dueting with J.lo - I also hope it was not true; I was just stating some examples, and one of them was bad because it was based on a rumour. However, the point was my dissapointment and I hope there are other people who feel the same.
I do hope he is not collaborating with Spice Girls. They are out of U2's league and these two bands have absolutely nothing in common. In my opinion, Bono will simply lower himself, from an artistic point of view, by doing that. Imagine only if Marquez would write a book with Coelho. That would't just be right, would it?

Back
Top Bottom