Scared of PLEBA: Is it safe? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,942
Local Time: 11:45 AM
Scared of PLEBA: Is it safe?

Hi PLEBANs.

I'm a boy and I have a few questons for you if you don't mind.

Is it ok for a boy to look in PLEBA? Is it ok for a boy to post a new thread in PLEBA? What is the etiquette here? Are sarcastic and/or off the cuff commentaries allowed in here? I'm scared. I'm clueless.

Everyone pokes fun at you guys, so I wanted to come and see for myself. Thanks for the help.

Also, if anyone can post a picture of The Edge playing an open D Major chord on guitar...that would be just lovely.
__________________

GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,901
Local Time: 03:45 AM
You can post wherever you like. Sarcasm is fine and even encouraged as long as it doesn't interfere with the perving.....

Just be warned that horny PLEBA girls may swarm at any moment
__________________

Cin is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Let me guess: It's the Sexy Boots that brought you here, right?

Just follow the Sexy Boots and they will lead you directly to PLEBA.

last unicorn is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,481
Local Time: 05:45 AM
Hi GAF!

Yes you can post/look here...just ask Carlos.....

Do not mock the band in a bad way here or you will be set upon. People come here to appreciate the band, and nasty stuff isn't welcome or appreciated. We all enjoy a giggle but it's definitely not EYKIW etc.

And this is the hallowed ground for breaking news about the boys movements etc and the latest pics!

Have fun!
Gluey is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Hi GAF!

Yes you can post/look here...just ask Carlos.....

Do not mock the band in a bad way here or you will be set upon. People come here to appreciate the band, and nasty stuff isn't welcome or appreciated. We all enjoy a giggle but it's definitely not EYKIW etc.

And this is the hallowed ground for breaking news about the boys movements etc and the latest pics!

Have fun!
That pretty much sums up what I was gonna say!

Unlike parts of the larger forum, we actually LIKE U2 here. *shock, gasp* ...

It's all about respect, really.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Also, if anyone can post a picture of The Edge playing an open D Major chord on guitar...that would be just lovely.
'Fraid I can't help you there... I'm lost when it comes to something with more than four strings.
Alisaura is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #6
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,045
Local Time: 03:45 AM
The people that hang shit on this place never frequent it

Besides the fun it's actually a wealth of information
cobl04 is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
Babyface
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London/Paris
Posts: 20
Local Time: 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Hi PLEBANs.

I'm a boy and I have a few questons for you if you don't mind.

Is it ok for a boy to look in PLEBA? Is it ok for a boy to post a new thread in PLEBA? What is the etiquette here? Are sarcastic and/or off the cuff commentaries allowed in here? I'm scared. I'm clueless.

Everyone pokes fun at you guys, so I wanted to come and see for myself. Thanks for the help.

Also, if anyone can post a picture of The Edge playing an open D Major chord on guitar...that would be just lovely.
Hey there...-Well...Im a BOY too Completly straight even And I love PLEBA I don't feel unconfortable here. The girls have great sense of humour and I like reading their posts over here
FeelGood is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Men aren't allowed here 'cept Carlos cause he's my bitch!



I know the chord, just don't think I have any pics..
k how to explain tot he rest, it's a pic of Edge where his left hand is on the guitar obv.. .the bottom 3 strings are pressed on the 2nd and 3rd fret, so if it looks like anything near it post away
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
u2trinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Joshua Tree USA
Posts: 5,000
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Welcome GirlsAloudFan Pleba may be mocked on other parts of the fourm but I know that many lurk here .

What gluey said . Yes the band is loved here .

Wayne is also a pleban , there are a few .

now about your open D Major chord , I haven't a clue but here's a few cool Edge pics .


going by Gg description .



u2trinity is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 06:45 PM
well the hand needs to be most near the neck of the guitar 2nd fret means the 2nd place starting from the top...

I'll search if I can find any myself cause I can't explain this any clearer!

maybe it helps to say it's been played during the 'how long' bits of SBS
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #11
Refugee
 
europop2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,420
Local Time: 12:45 PM
theres a few PLEBoys in here
europop2005 is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Got one!



ok I know the last one isn't a D, but it's similiar!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
Babyface
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London/Paris
Posts: 20
Local Time: 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Men aren't allowed here 'cept Carlos cause he's my bitch!


Shall I say sorry for being a man...? I can be anybody's bitch if this is the only way to be allowed in here
FeelGood is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
u2trinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Joshua Tree USA
Posts: 5,000
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
well the hand needs to be most near the neck of the guitar 2nd fret means the 2nd place starting from the top...

I'll search if I can find any myself cause I can't explain this any clearer!

maybe it helps to say it's been played during the 'how long' bits of SBS
my bad .
u2trinity is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
u2trinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Joshua Tree USA
Posts: 5,000
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood View Post
Shall I say sorry for being a man...? I can be anybody's bitch if this is the only way to be allowed in here

u2trinity is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
u2trinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Joshua Tree USA
Posts: 5,000
Local Time: 09:45 AM


2nd fret
u2trinity is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
u2trinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Joshua Tree USA
Posts: 5,000
Local Time: 09:45 AM
u2trinity is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #18
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 12:45 PM

PLEBA is actually overall a great place. PLEBAns are generally some of the nicest people you'll meet at Interference...which is why the bashing of this forum really bothers me.

Guys are definitely welcome. You get to enjoy what the judgemental ones are missing out on.
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #19
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood View Post
Shall I say sorry for being a man...? I can be anybody's bitch if this is the only way to be allowed in here
good, very very good...



welcome, welcome into our lair!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Caroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under Angel´s falls in Venezuela
Posts: 3,603
Local Time: 12:15 PM
Those who make fun of plebans are always lurking here, you know, because of the group pressure

* is the best place for news, we get them first than anyone
__________________

Caroni is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×