RED is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
:hmm:

Do I see a trip to the Towne Center in our future, Patti? :sexywink:

:yes: the Gap is at the new mall across the river :shifty:

Are you going to be in town this weekend?

pattip2000 said:

:yes: the Gap is at the new mall across the river :shifty:

Are you going to be in town this weekend?

No, I just got back yesterday from fall break :tongue:

Maybe over my winter break we can browse. I'm not much of a mall person but hey that RED stuff looks cool! :yes:

is there going to be some kind of performace on Oprah? i saw on today's show, they showed a preview of why you should watch her show on Friday, but they didn't directly say Bono or Red or anything like that. they said "something big enough to get Oprah out of her studio. an extraordinary launch. a once in a life time performance. FRIDAY!" and i knew it was bono talking about Red because of hte news on this forum, but i wonder what else is in store...

U2democrat said:

No, I just got back yesterday from fall break :tongue:

Maybe over my winter break we can browse. I'm not much of a mall person but hey that RED stuff looks cool! :yes:

It's a date

tuwie said:
is there going to be some kind of performace on Oprah? i saw on today's show, they showed a preview of why you should watch her show on Friday, but they didn't directly say Bono or Red or anything like that. they said "something big enough to get Oprah out of her studio. an extraordinary launch. a once in a life time performance. FRIDAY!" and i knew it was bono talking about Red because of hte news on this forum, but i wonder what else is in store...

Damn job. I'm banking on someone putting it up on u2torrents for us working stiffs. I told my co-worker about it today, so if I'm "ill" friday afternoon she will know why. The conversation actually went something like this: me: "do you know who is going to be on Oprah this Friday?" her: "let me guess U2" :reject:

I had never been to a Gap store but I went in today to see if they had any sneak peeks... nope, the salesgirl said she's going crazy because even she's not allowed to take any of it out yet. (It was all sitting in the back ready for Friday) She was great, very enthusiastic and knowledgable about the campaign and eager to talk about it. :up: I was happy to see that. Can't wait til Friday.
Thanks so much for that link pattip2000. I saw a lot of things I didn't know about! :ohmy: :happy:

Last edited:
tuwie said:

I hope she talks to him for quite a while alone and not on a panel with other celebs unless it's Bobby Shriver. I fear that there may be lots of distractions on this show with the other celebs and Bono might not get much air time :( But it's about RED so it's all GOOD! :) I am just glad he is going to be on the show! I can't wait to hear what they sing! Does anybody know? New song?

I believe part of the show will be with Alicia Keys, according to the KCA (Keep A Child Alive) email I received this morning...

I think I will be there when they open...I actually have 5 Gaps surrounding me...I hope one of them carry Red. I would like to get an Empowered T and Inspired T and whatever else I can afford!!!

a little googling around found me the answer:
from oprah.com:

"Get "red"-y! It's somehting so huge, it took Oprah, Bono, and a convertible to make it happen! Plus, Penelope Cruz and Kanye West are in on it! An extraordinary launch! Then, Alicia Keys shares her latest passion. An exclusive, one-time only performance! Chicago goes "red" today and this is just the beginning!"
sounds exciting

Full line will be at approx. 200 stores but all Gap stores will have some Red product. And as someone pointed out above, there's always gap.com! My whole team is leaving the office early tomorrow to buy RED!

The Gap store is right across the street from the B&N here, where I happened to be meeting a friend, and we went over to the Gap store and they said, "End of October for *some* products." Hmph! I hate to wait. :mad:

RED Nano is coming too :hyper:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2134

Oprah and Bono to unveil Product Red iPod nano tomorrow

By Kasper Jade
Published: 01:15 PM EST

Exclusive: Activist and rock singer Bono, with help from Oprah Winfrey and other celebrities, is partnering with Apple Computer on a red-colored iPod to promote his new charity aimed at battling AIDS, AppleInsider has learned.

Both the U2 frontman and the famed talk show host will publicly unveil the new "iPod nano Red" -- a 4GB version of Apple's second-generation iPod nano in a red anodized aluminum enclosure -- on national television this friday.

The two celebrities swung by Apple's North Michigan Ave. retail store in Chicago, Ill. on Thursday afternoon to film a promotional segment for the cause, which will air on tomorrow's edition of the "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

Apple, which has agreed to price the player inline with its existing 4GB iPod nano models at $199, will donate $10 from the sale of each unit to the PRODUCT RED charity.

Created by Bono and Bobby Shriver, Chairman of DATA, the charity aims to raise awareness and money for The Global Fund by teaming up with the world's most iconic brands to produce PRODUCT RED branded products.

Proceeds from the sale of each PRODUCT RED product are donated to The Global Fund, where it goes to help women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa.

Rumors of a red-colored iPod first surfaced when a note in the Jan. 20, 2006 edition of the popular celebrity gossip newsletter stated that Bono was overheard at Dublin's Michelin-starred Patrick Guilbaud restaurant "discussing a new charity red AmEx card and red iPod."

Other companies that have so far stepped up with PRODUCT RED offerings include the Gap, American Express, Armani, Converse, and Motoro

This is all so awesome! I just hope it comes to Canada soon. I am going to Seattle this weekend, so I'll have to check out the Gap while I'm there to see if there's anything. :drool:

I called my store & they basically said they probably only had the shirts and a couple of other things. No jackets, hoodies or jeans :mad: She suggested I try the bigger Gap stores in the valley or L.A. :madspit:

Lila64 said:
I called my store & they basically said they probably only had the shirts and a couple of other things. No jackets, hoodies or jeans :mad: She suggested I try the bigger Gap stores in the valley or L.A. :madspit:

That means I'm probaly screwed too :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom