Pleban Girls Party - Amamos U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VP :hug: Bri :hug:

I'm alright; I hope my Dad gets home soon and starts a fire in the wood furnace, though. It's damp and cold, makes me want to stay in bed all day :lol:

My head is a lot better, Bri thanks for asking. I slept well and took some tylenol this morning, showed that dumb headache who was the boss :grumpy:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Do you have any classes that last a full year? Do they just count as 2 for you like they do for me?

And I don't think they're *actually* supposed to offer the additional incentive...:uhoh:
But it is common within A&S h\to repay acts of kindness with baked goods. :lol: So I guess it's a kinda under the table thing. :shh:

Besides, I suppose offering coookies would only skew your results. Afterall, you need depressed people...and cookies, as is well known, make you happy :p

Btw, How's Sarah doing? Is she excited about her trip...it's the week of the 9th right?

Russty, it sounds like the tatto is going to be amazing. :up: I can't wait to see some pics! :)

No, none that last a full year, per se (at least none I've seen - other programs/faculties might be different), but there are some that are continuations of another class. In that case, they're labelled (course code) A and B, or 1 and 2, and you have to sign up for the second course in the second term, you're not automatically put in it.

We would be in so much shit if we offered cookies to participants. :yikes: I don't even want to think about it! :lol:

Sarah's doing well. She leaves on the 9th, and gets back on the 20th or 21st (can't remember). Actually, I need to get ready in a few minutes to go watch her curling tournament. They lost the other day. :madspit:

Tell Sarah good luck, VP :hug:

My Nephew Jake is doing well in his wrestling competition, but his team hasn't been doing quite as well. Last night they made a comeback and took the regional title! :applaud: they were so happy and excited :cute:

SG, maybe your headache had something to do with the storm coming. :(

Congratulations for your nephew!! :)

Sarah said this morning that they could still get bronze. :)

Relevant to absolutely nothing, but OMG, I feel SO good today. It's amazing what proper sleep will do for you. :drool:

Sad_Girl said:
VP :hug: Bri :hug:

I'm alright; I hope my Dad gets home soon and starts a fire in the wood furnace, though. It's damp and cold, makes me want to stay in bed all day :lol:

My head is a lot better, Bri thanks for asking. I slept well and took some tylenol this morning, showed that dumb headache who was the boss :grumpy:

Staying in bed all day :drool:
Since getting home (with soaken wet pants, stupid puddles :angry: ) I have had an incredible urge to curl up somewhere nice and warm and nap...

I'm glad you're feeling better hun. :hug:

And that's great news about Jake and his team! Congrats. :up: :)

Vp, Tell Sarah good luck!
:hug:

That's not bad at all, VP. Too many people seem to think with competetions it's Gold or nothing, but only one group can make the very top honors, and the teams who do almost as well deserve to be acknowledged. Jake is one of those 'All or nothing' sort of competitors usually. He's getting better about it, though. Learning to accept second or third place a little more gracefully as he matures.

And I think the headache might very well have been because of the pressure from the storm. :yes:

SG I'm feeling ya. With no heat here I'm dying to get warm. We all have layers of clothes on trying to stay warm. I will probably cave soon and make a fire, but its hard to get it started. :rant:

I hope Sarahs curling goes good today! :hyper:

I would love to get back in bed. :giggle:

Once I get the pictures developed of the last wrestling meet I actually made it to (bad aunt! :shame: ) I'll post them so you can see him in action :D

Oh! VP, did you see last nights Sims? :lol:

Sarah's kids are growing up! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
That's not bad at all, VP. Too many people seem to think with competetions it's Gold or nothing, but only one group can make the very top honors, and the teams who do almost as well deserve to be acknowledged. Jake is one of those 'All or nothing' sort of competitors usually. He's getting better about it, though. Learning to accept second or third place a little more gracefully as he matures.

And I think the headache might very well have been because of the pressure from the storm. :yes:

She doesn't expect herself to be perfect, nor does she get down about a loss, she just really enjoys playing, which is great to see. She's played since she started high school.

She played softball from the time she was 4 or 5 till she was about 13, and he dad was constantly wanting her to practice (and she was one of the better players on the teams!), offering advice. She just wanted to have fun, and he sucked all the joy out of it. :mad: Although that's pretty much his approach to life overall, so it's not much of a surprise. :|

Thanks Bri, I will. :)

Okay, better get ready now, see you all later. :hug:

SG, hope your power holds up! :yikes:

Thanks VP :hug: Have fun

and I think it's great she has the right approach to sports; too many people get all worked up over a competition and take all the fun out of it :angry: :rant: I hate sitting in the stands because of some of the parents, sometimes! :ohmy:

I think I'm going to shut the computer down for a bit while I go get some lanterns and stuff like that together just in case. :yikes:

Hopefully it'll have calmed considerably and I'll be on as usual tonight.

:hug: have a great rest of the day, Bri and Russty :hug:

Parents can be nuts sometimes.
Heck, some of the stories I've heard of parents at junior hockey games :yikes:

Winning can be good and fun, but when it becomes all that matters, it really is a shame :slant:

Catch ya later VP. :hug: No shouting from the stands now :tongue:

SG
Take care hun. Hope it doesn't hit you too bad. :( :hug:

And I think I'm gonna go curl up somewhere comfy for a bit and just vegitate. :lol:

Later Russty! :hug: Be sure to tell us how the tat goes!

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:

Catch ya later VP. :hug: No shouting from the stands now :tongue:

Shouting can be alright; cheering for your kid is a good thing. It's when the shouting is obscene and threatening that it becomes a very bad thing :wink:

Have a good afternoon girls! :wave:

Sorry I disappeared my real estate agent called. Keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers, cuz a lady looked at the house yesterday and she seems real interested. :hyper: I sure hope she decides to buy it.

Russty Cat said:
Have a good afternoon girls! :wave:

Sorry I disappeared my real estate agent called. Keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers, cuz a lady looked at the house yesterday and she seems real interested. :hyper: I sure hope she decides to buy it.

crossing my fingers :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: for you folks, R and........

.....I got the Big Lady in NYC's Harbor to cross her Big Green Fingers for you, too, while she still holds her book!

:wink:

and good luck w what sounds like another wonderful tat in the making ! :D

Last edited:
Pretty good, actually, I did my exam today, and I think I might actually passed it...

Wild, excuse me for sounding stupid, but is Alfie your pet?

Yes Jez , he's my dog :cute:, you're not stupid :hug:

2005_1227JamieFirstChristmas0366.jpg

He's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier:love:

Oh! He's gorgeous! I'm gonna see if I can dig up a pic of my little sweetheart... What's wrong with him, though? :sad:

Kajsa.jpg

My dog. Her name's Kajsa...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom