pleban girl party-reach for the grammy in the sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:

It's on the American dream- my thesis is that the dream of owning a home is being threatened by rising costs

Interesting! :up: Good luck with it! Essays make my brain bleed. :lol: I almost wish we had to do more in nursing so I could just get over my dislike/fear of them.

FlyYourKite said:

Interesting! :up: Good luck with it! Essays make my brain bleed. :lol: I almost wish we had to do more in nursing so I could just get over my dislike/fear of them.

Oh Ali isn't there :huh: I saw Suzie, and the blond director of that movie that B has been with a lot :scratch:

Ok they're up again!! :uhoh:

FlyYourKite said:

I'm good Sami! How are you? :hug I'm a little tired but other than that, no complaints. :wink

Working on an essay?

Good to hear. :hug: It's going pretty well! Yesterday I spent the day in the Endoscopy unit watching scopes go in fun places. :| I almost prefered watching the colonoscopies because I can't stand watching people gag down the scopes on the other end. :yuck: I was back on the floor today and my patients were fabulous! Such nice men who both had their prostates removed the day before. One said I did a great job taking out his catheter. :lol:

Some of the nurses are really shitty though. They act like we're a big pain in their ass and sometimes forget that we're students and are still learning. :angry:

The scope makes me gag just thinking about it. :yuck: My stomach has felt queasy for a couple of days now. My dog got sick today, and when I was cleaning it up, I nearly threw up, and I never do stuff like that! :|

Damn those bitchy nurses. :mad: They should know better. :shame:

VintagePunk said:

The scope makes me gag just thinking about it. :yuck: My stomach has felt queasy for a couple of days now. My dog got sick today, and when I was cleaning it up, I nearly threw up, and I never do stuff like that! :|

Damn those bitchy nurses. :mad: They should know better. :shame:

:yikes: I do NOT do well with that either. :yuck: Sorry to hear your stomach has been upset! :( There's definitely something going around here too.

I am in an academic dilemma right now. :| Anyone want to hear my schpeel? :wink:

WOW!! 4/5! :love: That is awesome!

OH MY! Why does my parents have to sleep, I can't scream when they do! I freaked my dog out by jumping in the couch though...

FlyYourKite said:

:yikes: I do NOT do well with that either. :yuck: Sorry to hear your stomach has been upset! :( There's definitely something going around here too.

I am in an academic dilemma right now. :| Anyone want to hear my schpeel? :wink:

WOW!! 4/5! :love: That is awesome!

Yes!! What is it??

Is there a stomach flu going around? I've been really tired, nauseated, kinda achy and blah...but not sick enough to lie around or anything...just ick. :|

Bri's back!!! :heart:

well, now that I've watched Springsteen's solo performance :wink:

... it's time for me to join this evening's party.

Hello, everyone! Remind me to finally configure my wireless Internet so I can post and watch TV one of these days. :wink:

Song Of The Year

Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal

Best Rock Song

Best Rock Album

Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical

these are the ones they won

and Greenday totally deserved this one

Back to my boycott :shifty:

sami0201 said:

I'm pretty sure they have won 4 out of the 5 so far...and the last one hasn't been announced yet :D They didn't lose anything yet

they had just won song of the year for SYCMIOYO when I switched off my TV about 10 minutes ago, sami and VP.

and btw, :hug:s to all.

:throws confetti to celebrate U2's Grammy wins:

:madspit: to Mariah Carey because jobob just doesn't like her

sami0201 said:
Wow go Green Day!!

Poor Gwen :sad:

I :heart: :love: :drool: Gwen!! And that is why she CAN'T win tonight. :shame: Maybe then she'll learn her lesson and quit recording crap like Hollaback Girl, and get back to something good with No Doubt.

Gwen of the mid-late 90's....she was fucking amazing!!!

Joanne! :hug:

Ok so here's what I've been thinking about over the past few days:

Although I'm very happy with the program I'm in, there's a big part of me that almost wishes I had gone into something else or had done nursing second. I'm remembering back to Grade 12 when it was time to make the decision about what programs to apply to, and a huge part of me wanted to do Social Justice and Peace studies/International Development as well as nursing. The main reason I chose nursing is because there's a job at the end of the tunnel. I don't know what the hell you'd do with a degree in Social Justice and Peace studies, especially since it's a fairly new program.

Anyhow, as I'm moving my way through nursing I want to work less and less in the hospital and more and more in public health. I like communicable diseases, sexual health promotion, and having the independence and opportunity to be very autonomous. The normal 9-5 hours aren't so bad either :wink:

There's still a nagging inside that wants to explore the Social Justice/Peace route. I enjoy the education we get in nursing, however, it is very focused to that particular field, for obvious reasons. I envy others who get a more well-rounded education and have more options available for choosing classes. With this other program, there are core courses in Social Justice and in addition to those you get a wide choice of sociology, psychology, history, economics, philosophy, political science, religious studies, and women's studies.

I think if I end up doing this degree after nursing and it doesn't lead to any job in particular, the education couldn't hurt at all. At the very least, my understanding of social issues will increase and I'll develop critical skills necessary to live responsibly in a global world.

I was planning on going to the States after I graduated when working in the hospital was more of an option, but if I want public health it makes more sense to stay in this area or at least Canada. I got discouraged from the Nurse Manager at the Middlesex London Health Unit when she said graduates rarely get hired even part-time at the health unit and have to be very patient in getting into public health. This would give me time to do the other degree, but I need money for that at the same time.

WOHA sorry this was so long. :lol: :reject:

VintagePunk said:

I :heart: :love: :drool: Gwen!! And that is why she CAN'T win tonight. :shame: Maybe then she'll learn her lesson and quit recording crap like Hollaback Girl, and get back to something good with No Doubt.

Gwen of the mid-late 90's....she was fucking amazing!!!

Joanne! :hug:

:lol: I never thought of it like that!!

:bow: :love: :wink:

And btw, on the red carpet she said she has one more solo album almost done, and then No Doubt is going back into the studio soon :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom