PLEBAn Girl Party: Is it July yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The play is a Shakespeare educational tour thing. It'll incorporate info from his life and Elizabethan times, interspersed with scenes from his plays and will address some of the reasons people get "turned off" or intimidated by Shakespeare's works (difficulty understanding the language). Geared towards 12-15 year olds before they read / perform Shakespeare. I'm really excited and hope to get it on it's feet next spring with my students.

That's cool, zu!

one sugesttion....
.... maybe try to make some comedic comment on how most student's either go running out of the room hair-standing-on- end , on turn into glassy-eyed zombies upon hearing "... and today, class, we start learning about Shakespear... ". :D

I remember being ZZzzz'd-out by the Greek Tragedies until my first year in college when i had a fabulous teacher dealing with them.
UNFORTUNATELY I was so busy either trying to stay awake (1st class of day) or understanding him (voice) that I almost took no notes.

So after all these years I'm left with a general sense of more of an appreciation, but not the details of why. I wish i had notes. :grumpy: He really made them come alive for me.

That's physics. F is frequency in Hertz, Lambda is a Greek letter I can't put in with this font, it's for wavelength in cm. c is the speed of light, which is 3x10^8th meters per second. That's 3 times (10 to the 8th power) yes. So a 3 with 8 zeros. 10^-something is that it's that many zeroes behind the comma.
The / is a divide by. :wink:

thanks Prof GG2!

:lol: now I need a conversion chart for meters/centimeters to inches/feet!
have to find one on the net. :D

Ali's still online, wonder if she'll stop back in here? : hmm:

:reject: I think I must have gone to bed by then, but I don't log out properly when I close the browser, so it takes a while for my name to follow me to bed.

The play is a Shakespeare educational tour thing. It'll incorporate info from his life and Elizabethan times, interspersed with scenes from his plays and will address some of the reasons people get "turned off" or intimidated by Shakespeare's works (difficulty understanding the language). Geared towards 12-15 year olds before they read / perform Shakespeare. I'm really excited and hope to get it on it's feet next spring with my students.
Woah, cool! That sounds like a great idea... have fun with it! :up:

: scream: The zipper on my new pair of pants is stuck. I need to wear these.

... WD40?
(Not sure if that exists everywhere...)

: angry: Am not! Tomboys for life!

: shifty:I may have a girly side, but it's just a tiny one.
:yes: :hi5:

Gotta love olde Willie : wink:

I think 4 out of the 5 years i was at senior school we did A Midsummer's Night Dream:love :: heart:
We only got the heavy stuff... Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth... I think we watched the film Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson did of Much Ado, which was cool.

NO just 2 days off work : lmao:

:drool:

I'm going to dinner for my housemates' brother's birthday tonight... then I'm catching up with some other U2 fans to see the local tribute band.

: scream: U2 were on the Late Late Show in Ireland tonight

They were? ... Oh yeah, they have that tour coming up... :D

Nice to see you too Ali :hug:

I haven't been around lately is because I haven't felt like it and I've been going to more places with my dad lately (mainly to Chicago).

That's fair enough, I haven't been around much myself... it's good that you're getting out and about! The weather must be getting nicer there, too.

:lol: now I need a conversion chart for meters/centimeters to inches/feet!
have to find one on the net. :D
Here's my favourite conversion site... I'm sure there are other flashier ones out there.
JavaScript Metric to Imperial Conversion Table
You just have to click the relevant link along the top once you've put in your number to be converted, and it appears in the equivalent box.

... It just took me nearly 2 hours to finish replying to that... keep getting distracted. :reject:

Dunno if these should go in the photo thread or the (RED) thread or what... I got these a while ago but finally got around to taking piccies. :reject:

P5300222.jpg

P5300221.jpg

:D

GG, stuck zipper? rub a crayon or candle on it.
Oh :hmm: I didn't know that yet. Thanks for the advice! :D

Dunno if these should go in the photo thread or the (RED) thread or what... I got these a while ago but finally got around to taking piccies. :reject:

P5300222.jpg

P5300221.jpg

:D

:drool: NIiiiiiice!

:hyper: Is it July yet?
This reminds me I need to get extra soles for mine in advance, so I can wear them without socks without getting smelly feet. :D

Ali they are :drool:

:drool: NIiiiiiice!

:hyper: Is it July yet?
This reminds me I need to get extra soles for mine in advance, so I can wear them without socks without getting smelly feet. :D
Edgeshoes... :love:

You wear those without socks? :hmm:

Nice shoes Ali! What's the black thing with the gold JT and red U2 logo? Is it a tee shirt?
Yeah, that's the box o' t-shirts I got from u2.com last week. It only took a fortnight to get here, I was most impressed!
I might have to send that one back though, they sent me a medium size when I ordered a small.

Drive-by :wave: & :hug:S

too short of $ to go on the net this weekend,
so hopefully i'll see you all Monday. :D

enjoy your weekend everyone! :heart:
Have a good one, Dazz! Hope to see you soon. :hug:

Yea...it has gotten nicer :D
Awesome... the weather in Chicago was really nice when I was there in August a couple of years ago.

I know what you mean, Weldy... I prefer summer here, but once it gets over 33C (91.4F) or so, it's a bit too warm for me... and when it hit 47C (116.5F) that was just insane.

Of course, I grumble when it gets down to 10C (50F) in winter here, so I really don't know anything about extreme cold. :wink:

I know what you mean, Weldy... I prefer summer here, but once it gets over 33C (91.4F) or so, it's a bit too warm for me... and when it hit 47C (116.5F) that was just insane.

Of course, I grumble when it gets down to 10C (50F) in winter here, so I really don't know anything about extreme cold. :wink:

I know what you mean :wink: :hug:

Just be thankful you don't usually experience negitive degree temps :no: :crack:

I am very thankful! I really don't think I could survive in that sort of climate... I'd just have to stay indoors huddled around a heater for 4 months or something.

Sorry to bail on you, but I've been putting off cleaning the house... we have an inspection on Thursday. :crack:

Was good to see you! Take care :hug:

Edgeshoes... :love:

You wear those without socks? :hmm:

Not usually, but in summer I hate wearing socks. I'm with socks like Adam is with pants, man should not be forced to wear them when it's not cold. So if I walk around all day without socks, I find it annoying to get a pair to go to the shops for half an hour and such. So I just go without socks.

Sounds like your weather is about the same as ours. You could come out here, see the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park... :flirt:

Sounds like your weather is about the same as ours. You could come out here, see the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park... :flirt:

I could, I could... :hmm:

As soon as I have some money again! :broke:

Wow...it's been a slow day today :ohmy:

Wow, it really has. I guess it's been Sunday for most of the day for most of you!

Makes sense about the socks, GG. I tend to wear them to bed in the cooler weather, my feet are always cold... I only wear sandals (and thus, no socks) when it's really hot.

Back
Top Bottom