PLEBAn Girl Party: Is it July yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: Hi ya TE89.....

I was reading up a bit on delay pedals yesterday on the sub-forum dealing with U2's musical instruments & accessory gear.

:lol: first I have to save up to get a l'il practice amp first, instead of playing my guitar through my boom box- thought it does work! :D

Wow, I never tried that. Sounds like a mad idea. ;)

How close are you to achieving your dream of obtaining a practice amp, then?
I remember when I first started out, a small shitty Kustom KAA16 amp and a used Walnut Vantage VS-600 (which I still play believe it or not, I love it :love:).
My main problem these days is that I'm currently in great need of new strings for all my guitars but I have to spend my cash wisely.

Hi Laura!
Actually, times flies and I need to go now. I have some work that needs to be taken care of tomorrow and for that I'd better get some decent sleep.
:wave:

I'll hopefully see you guys again when I come back in a week or so.

Goodnight.

I could only stay for a few minutes. I'm going to the Phillies game tonight. I'm hoping the rain holds off.

hi laura! :wave:

yeah, TE, i thought about running through my boom box b/c it !
So i thought :hmm: could i do this, too? Asked a friend or 2 about whether it could harm it, they said no as long as you play it a reasonable volume, which was fine by me!

So i got a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter plug for the cord to go into the BmBx and yup it worked fine! :hyper:

I'm looking at a small Peavy for ?64$, or a very tiny ? Marshal...
...reading comments on Guitar Center, J&R and have look at Sam Ash as well.

I thot I'd have the $$ in june, but now not till july or aug at least. I over spent this month because of worries over several friends enduring some big difficulties.

And the amp will have to wait further if i need to use part of that money for a :pray: GA to U2's 2nd NY/NJ concert.

:shifty: Ali, guess who's coming to Amsterdam II with us.\

On another note, we had a HUGE thunderstorm in the night, and it's been rainy all day. :yippie: My hay fever is totally gone!

And I'm working so much this week, all the money going into the U2 tour fund. :drool: I might even have something left afterwards!
Srsly?! :ohmy:

I LOVE thunderstorms! :love: I miss the big storms we'd get in summer, where it would be so hot and muggy and then BAM CRASH BANG WALLOP SPLOSH, the heavens would open and a pelting warm rain would hammer down amidst a cacophany of lightning and thunder and we'd go outside and dance around and it would be awesome....

:sigh: Damn you, climate change.

Anyway. :love: also to bass amps... and Pringles. :drool:

Muse! :love: again. I so badly want to see them live. Showbiz has some awesome tracks on it, GG... I love the title track especially.

That website still won't accept my card. I would call them up, GG, except I'd rather not spend the money on an international phone call if I can avoid it. They're not being very helpful, I'm getting someone else to try it.

:wave: Ali, long time no see/talk. Too bad you're not making it all the way over here for the tour (or that I'm not going to Dublin :angry: )

Summer thunderstorms are one of the very few good things about living in the desert. We've got about another month and a half to wait for ours.

Wow, I never tried that. Sounds like a mad idea. ;)

How close are you to achieving your dream of obtaining a practice amp, then?
I remember when I first started out, a small shitty Kustom KAA16 amp and a used Walnut Vantage VS-600 (which I still play believe it or not, I love it :love:).
My main problem these days is that I'm currently in great need of new strings for all my guitars but I have to spend my cash wisely.

I decided that if I wanted to go play electric I should do it good. I saved up, and got a strat right away. :D With a Vox AD30VT. I love my baby!

:drool: Played my new bass amp last night, it sounded a bit off, then my dad noted that my room's too small for the sound waves. He opened the window and the whole house vibrated. :lol: Win!

Strings aren't that expensive right?

Nice! They never do anything like that on TV here (well, maybe they do, but I just have basic Canadian cable, and they certainly wouldn't do it on any of my channels), but I guess I do have all the music videos and could technically do it myself...

I keep meaning to do a "U2 Day" where I watch all the dvds I own in order... but I think I'll buy Red Rocks first :lol:

Srsly?! :ohmy:

I LOVE thunderstorms! :love: I miss the big storms we'd get in summer, where it would be so hot and muggy and then BAM CRASH BANG WALLOP SPLOSH, the heavens would open and a pelting warm rain would hammer down amidst a cacophany of lightning and thunder and we'd go outside and dance around and it would be awesome....

:sigh: Damn you, climate change.

Anyway. :love: also to bass amps... and Pringles. :drool:

Muse! :love: again. I so badly want to see them live. Showbiz has some awesome tracks on it, GG... I love the title track especially.

That website still won't accept my card. I would call them up, GG, except I'd rather not spend the money on an international phone call if I can avoid it. They're not being very helpful, I'm getting someone else to try it.

:shifty: I got one ticket from Renato, one from a Dutch forum guy. Means that I'm going to have to meet up with his girlfriend, but still. Relationships can be broken right? :whistle:

:lmao: Yeha it was something like that. Just lovely rain, thunder and lightning!

:uhoh: oh right, the Pringles. I forgot about those.

Hola?
Hope all you girls are doing well :hug:
What are you all up to these days?

I miss wild :heart:

and I miss you! :hug:

Just came across this lil article,
was pretty nifty, and proves that despite now owning PhotoShop, MS Paint is still where it's at :D

Dazz, thought you in particular might find it interesting.
TechEBlog � 6 Amazing MS Paint Masterpieces

:hug: Thanks for thinking of me :D

Corel Painter is similar, and I believe was either put together earlier than Paint, OR was better than Paint from the get go.
Painter may be better- but I don't know having no experience in comparing them, since we use Apple ' puters here.
It may be that over time Paint tried to copy Painter.

Corel Painter was originally created by an independent company>>Fractal Design
back in the ?very late 80's.

I found :heart: it in ?'90 or '91 at a photography convention that had a photo design mini-con embedded in it. :D

Dazz, I of course miss you too! :hug:

And I may have used coral painter back in the day? Back in elementary skool we had macs.

Also somewhere around here I have some programme called art dabbler that I got years ago, never really learned to use it properly tho.

Heh, my only skillz are in MS paint. :lol:

the sound waves are too big to fit in GG2's room!

:lmao: :applaud: :lmao: :applaud: :lmao:

:D

BBL !

:nerd: A standard bass soundwave has a low frequency, since f = c/lambda, f should be around 20-200 Hz, would make lambda around 3x10^8th/20-200 is a LOT of centimeters and thus meters.
So yeah, they're waaay too big to fit in my room, or any normal sized room. :yes:

:flirt: Ohai!

:hyper: I'm going to get a pair of Bonoshades! One of the big guys from the forum here who knows everything about them sadly has to part with a couple of his shades. He's selling a pair of Bono's armani's to me. :D

:hyper: I should so totally stop spending money I need to save. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom