Pleban Girl Party: I want U2 for Christmas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Awww, Fly, I'm so sorry that you and your family are faced with that over the holidays. :( On the bright side though, even with a worst case scenario, isn't that an illness that's highly beatable? :hug:

And I was thinking of your friend the other day, the one who had the brain surgery. How's she doing?

Thanks VP. :hug: Oh yep it's got one of the highest cure rates for any type of cancer I think, especially if it's caught early. He could certainly kick its ass cause he's a tough guy. It's just the thought that's kind of daunting. We'll be fine though I'm sure. :)

She's doing really well! Thanks for thinking of her. :hug: She's back home (only spent 5 days in the hospital after the surgery) and has had no more distressing symptoms and is feeling almost like herself again. It's great to see! :D

FlyYourKite said:

Thanks VP. :hug: Oh yep it's got one of the highest cure rates for any type of cancer I think, especially if it's caught early. He could certainly kick its ass cause he's a tough guy. It's just the thought that's kind of daunting. We'll be fine though I'm sure. :)

She's doing really well! Thanks for thinking of her. :hug: She's back home (only spent 5 days in the hospital after the surgery) and has had no more distressing symptoms and is feeling almost like herself again. It's great to see! :D

:hug: :heart:

Sad_Girl said:
I'm not sure I'm to doing a full on Sims Plebaville again, Jo, but I did just re-install it and created that little U2 family I posted :)

We'll see how out of control my obsession becomes this time :wink:

You probably want to avoid those nasty computer crashes it used to cause. :wink:

SG: I think we remember how much you worked on Sims Plebaville -- how many U2's had to be created, how many houses had to be built ... the babies who were starting to be born .... :wink:

<-- is watching the Vancouver/Calgary game atm... Every time Vancouver scores (that's where they're playing tonight), they play the "Wooooooohooooooo"s from Elevation :giggle:

FlyYourKite said:

I''m so happy to hear that, on both counts!! :)

But I do know what you mean, no matter how good the outlook is, it still SOUNDS bad. My mom and dad have both had very superficial, non-dangerous types of skin cancer, and I freaked and worried like crazy. :reject: They both turned out just fine, though. :)

jobob said:
SG: I think we remember how much you worked on Sims Plebaville -- how many U2's had to be created, how many houses had to be built ... the babies who were starting to be born .... :wink:

I still have all my Sims storyline pics saved. Fionan. :cute: :love:

SG was SUCH a sweetie to take all that time to create them, and play the game for us! :heart: It's really, really time consuming.

dazzledbylight said:
Sim U2 :heart: :drool: :laugh:

I think if SG ever volunteered to do this again............we'd have to chip in for an external memory increase for her "pute. :laugh:

Yeah, that too. :wink:

I probably wasn't posting much if any in the Pleba threads then, but I do remember reading about Sim Plebaville. It was sort of like fanfic ... :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I''m so happy to hear that, on both counts!! :)

But I do know what you mean, no matter how good the outlook is, it still SOUNDS bad. My mom and dad have both had very superficial, non-dangerous types of skin cancer, and I freaked and worried like crazy. :reject: They both turned out just fine, though. :)

Oh I'm so glad to hear that! :hug: I think it's the automatic fear associated with the word "cancer". Nowadays when even some can be beat no problem, the diagnosis sends people over the edge naturally due to the sitgma or whatever with it.

You never know guys - it depends on how dull the holiday gets; with Jeffy spending time with his Mom and Dad and brothers since school is out, and probably visiting his Dads side of the family, too. Mark is in the middle of moving from one office building to another; and they have to be in by the first of the year. My mom and dad aren't exactly party animals :wink:

I may find a few extra hours in which fussing with the sims could be fun again.

Thats if I don't suddenly get a rush of inspiration and manage to write all the ideas floating around in my head. They're there, but they won't come out. :grumpy: I'm creatively constipated :|

:lmao:

Well guys, I'm heading to bed... not sure if I'll be around again till the 27th, so have a good weekend and holiday all, and I'll see you when I'm back in TO at the latest! :) :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

Thats if I don't suddenly get a rush of inspiration and manage to write all the ideas floating around in my head. They're there, but they won't come out. :grumpy: I'm creatively constipated :|

:lmao: can I give you some creative milk of magnesia? :wink:

jobob said:

I probably wasn't posting much if any in the Pleba threads then, but I do remember reading about Sim Plebaville. It was sort of like fanfic ... :lol:

Jo------- I printed out almost ALL of the scenes! {No comp interent.}
Since i've actsaully illustrated fan fic for the SW Zine community {NOT reccently} , to me it was illustrated fan fic :drool: :eeklaugh: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom