PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh sweet Lord, what is this?

This makes it sound like they are collaborating with another songwriter which makes me scratch my head.

NME also reported that U2 are said to be working the songwriters behind British boy band One Direction, including Swedish pop writer Carl Falk, who wrote the group's breakthrough hit, "What Makes You Beautiful."

An unnamed source told the magazine, "The band are back in the studio getting a feel for new material after the last album 'No Line On The Horizon'. Will.i.am had a credit on that and they are looking to explore that direction further. They have been working with Danger Mouse
 and RedOne. They are excited about getting to work with Carl Falk."

U2 have also logged studio time with EDM star David Guetta
 on songs for one of three new albums
 they've been talking about releasing.

Here is the entire article
Bono's Facebook Stake To Make Him Richest Rocker On Earth - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

I'm kind of over the new about Bono's millions. It's unfortunate that it happens on the same day he speaks at the Chicago Council about aid to Africa.

Do you have a bad day?

Look, I have had toothache for at least two days now and it's annoying the hell out of me. Still, I'm more than happy to see and hear Bono again and I don't care a damn about how much money the man has.

Some make is sound as if he gets billions of dollars directly from Mr. Zuckerberg, when, indeed, he's only part of a bigger investment company that happens to have a stake in FB. He's one of many investors and many others will get a shit load of money out of that facebook thing. Media is singeling Bono out and I'm pretty sure the story will give more amunition to those already calling him a hypocrite. So what? I'm more than sure Bono knows quite well how to handle the money.

Btw, the facebook story is also old news. And it's discussed over at the other forum. Quite ironic that Bono was named "worst investor" some years ago.

And the Falk story is old. They can work with whoever they want to.

Just think if Bono invests his money wisely, we will get a super super super super claw for the news U2 tour, a claw as big as the whole world and one for the moon as well. It will be the bestest tour anyone will ever be able to do.

Go, Bono! :hyper:

I guess he can't stay in the States forever. It's been a fun 2 weeks of Bono media. And 2 weeks largely unproductive with work stuff (see photo thread for proof). I have more to add tonight.

Also on the MSNBC site is another interview with Bono and Tanzania president. It was the same hour as his interview around the :43 mark if people taped it. So it was almost 20 minutes of Bono. Yes please.

Qm5gi.jpg

Bono likes the jokes in 'Book of Mormon,' even when they're about him - NY Daily News

Do you have a bad day?

Look, I have had toothache for at least two days now and it's annoying the hell out of me. Still, I'm more than happy to see and hear Bono again and I don't care a damn about how much money the man has.

Some make is sound as if he gets billions of dollars directly from Mr. Zuckerberg, when, indeed, he's only part of a bigger investment company that happens to have a stake in FB. He's one of many investors and many others will get a shit load of money out of that facebook thing. Media is singeling Bono out and I'm pretty sure the story will give more amunition to those already calling him a hypocrite. So what? I'm more than sure Bono knows quite well how to handle the money.

Btw, the facebook story is also old news. And it's discussed over at the other forum. Quite ironic that Bono was named "worst investor" some years ago.

And the Falk story is old. They can work with whoever they want to.

So, I just saw this as someone else brought it to my attention - and it's probably good I didn't see it right away. I have such a good Bono buzz going that I'll take it as a snap reaction - and leave it as that.

It was news I found on Twitter and shared - like we do. And they have every right to work with whoever they want. And I have every right to have thoughts about it. As always, I reserve final judgment until I hear (if we hear) a final product. I'm just happy that the hype over FB is over. My Twitter searches were giving me a headache. I just want to find photos and useful news.

Wow, I cannot believe this. I'm on tumblr and I have talked to the people that run that blog many times, and I thought it was too good to be true but they said it was all true. When Bono's birthday was coming up, the people who run that blog told us that we can send them birthday messages to Bono and they would give it to him personally, and put it in that journal (I guess it was just his iPad) and they told us that he read all of our messages and was truly touched and saw some of our blogs.. but I guess it was all a scam. And I was so happy when they told us that! Wow, I feel so stupid. I can't believe that they would lie to us like that.

So, I just saw this as someone else brought it to my attention - and it's probably good I didn't see it right away. I have such a good Bono buzz going that I'll take it as a snap reaction - and leave it as that.

It was news I found on Twitter and shared - like we do. And they have every right to work with whoever they want. And I have every right to have thoughts about it. As always, I reserve final judgment until I hear (if we hear) a final product. I'm just happy that the hype over FB is over. My Twitter searches were giving me a headache. I just want to find photos and useful news.

Im sorry but i thought the comment was a bit rude also, i don't post much here anymore as its too much hassle worrying about what certain people will say!
But i just wanted to say thank you for posting any info that you hear (even if it is "old") as this is the first place i check for u2 info! :up: Just ignore the people that make pleba unpleasent :heart:

Wow, I cannot believe this. I'm on tumblr and I have talked to the people that run that blog many times, and I thought it was too good to be true but they said it was all true. When Bono's birthday was coming up, the people who run that blog told us that we can send them birthday messages to Bono and they would give it to him personally, and put it in that journal (I guess it was just his iPad) and they told us that he read all of our messages and was truly touched and saw some of our blogs.. but I guess it was all a scam. And I was so happy when they told us that! Wow, I feel so stupid. I can't believe that they would lie to us like that.

I guess it's just like everything else: if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Don't feel bad! :hug:

True, but I think we should reserve judgement until something REALLY comes out of that. And with U2, for all we know, it could just turn out to be something totally else in the end. Since I don't know these producer guys I don't have anything to say about them or their works. There as also major uproar when news came out that will.i.am worked on U2's last album and when NLOTH came out, there was no trace of him, even though he's officially one of the collaborators.

I have enough trust in the band to simply KNOW they won't do any David Guetta like music anytime in the future. They are just trying out stuff, experimenting. Maybe they are looking for people doing remixes, who knows. Personally, I have my musical taste and I know what I like and what I don't like, but I'm always happy to hear that a band like U2 is open to different musical directions instead of remaining stuck in their old way for decades. Let's just wait and see (or: hear) before we make a judgement, ok?

Btw, I still think they should so some accoustic stuff and I know for sure many fans won't agree with me, but I'd like to hear Bono singing more stripped-down versions of songs, since his voice has been so great for some time now and the lastest performances make me wish there was more of that :)

As for the Facebook news: Sorry, but I think media reports, especially the premature ones suggesting Bono comes out of the facebook deal with billions, should be dealt with carefully. We, as fans, should know that sometimes the media twists stuff to make it sound sensational and to feed the old Bono clichees that critits like to throw around all the time. For me, him doing his political campaigns has nothing to do with him being a smart business man. Look at Bill Gates who has spent so much money on charity. I think we should really abandon that old "black and white" model that suggests someone cannot have much money if they want to be credible in their fight against hunger.

I'm so sorry you and everyone else, got taken in by these people! Why they would make up such a story is anyone's guess!? :shrug: But we have proof, photos and tweets etc., that Bono's has been in NY these last couple of weeks and that those photos, of Bono with his Ipad, where from last May, taken in Berlin, during the filming of U2's From The Sky Down DVD!! I find it incredible that they could lie so blatanly to you, especially about the origin of the photos, when that fact can so easily be debunked! :tsk:

Is anyone positive though that it's all fake? I'm not saying it is or isn't, I'm not on Tumblr but I thought that it seemed the photos could have just been posted and reblogged at the same time that the story about Bono was posted and they didn't necessarily go together. Maybe people were just getting confused and thinking they went together, but didn't at all. :shrug: I don't know.

Well that's what I've been wondering too, that did the writer, of the blog about meeting Bono, actually refer to the pics from Berlin as being from said meeting?! :shrug: But the fact is, as far as I understand it, this meeting was supposed to have taken place around 13th or 14th of May and we know Bono was in the States around that time, unless he made an impromptu visit back to Dublin during those two days, which I sincrely doubt!? :eyebrow:

Is anyone positive though that it's all fake? I'm not saying it is or isn't, I'm not on Tumblr but I thought that it seemed the photos could have just been posted and reblogged at the same time that the story about Bono was posted and they didn't necessarily go together. Maybe people were just getting confused and thinking they went together, but didn't at all. :shrug: I don't know.

It was directly referred that those pictures were Bono recently, and that the (RED) iPad suspiciously looked like the journal they had given them. It's not directly saying "OMG HES HOLDING OUR JOURNAL", but strongly suggesting that thought. So I'm 100% positive it's fake. Because we know that pic is from Berlin 2011, and that it's his iPad.

Im sorry but i thought the comment was a bit rude also, i don't post much here anymore as its too much hassle worrying about what certain people will say!
But i just wanted to say thank you for posting any info that you hear (even if it is "old") as this is the first place i check for u2 info! :up: Just ignore the people that make pleba unpleasent :heart:

I don't bother to post here much because of tension here. There are a lot of comments I've seen here that didn't come off a malicious towards the band or Bono but are treated as such. :|

I'm kind of over the new about Bono's millions. It's unfortunate that it happens on the same day he speaks at the Chicago Council about aid to Africa.

I agree because it's this type of news that gives the the sour critics ammunition.

hcbiggs2002 said:
Well that's what I've been wondering too, that did the writer, of the blog about meeting Bono, actually refer to the pics from Berlin as being from said meeting?! :shrug: But the fact is, as far as I understand it, this meeting was supposed to have taken place around 13th or 14th of May and we know Bono was in the States around that time, unless he made an impromptu visit back to Dublin during those two days, which I sincrely doubt!? :eyebrow:

The same blog or people of the blog were giving away a napkin he supposedly wrote on. It was a trivia contest (at least they didn't look for money). I'd almost believe it but the times don't jive. I'm not sure why you come up with a story like that.....but I don't understand the things most people do or say.

philly80 said:

Thank you!

It must be an IOU.
"When U2 tours again in the future in either 2013,2014, or 2015...dude...you totally have tickets."

Back
Top Bottom