PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know you guys are not fond of be reminded of those crazy Bono-bashers but the fact that a praised poet wrote this makes the hater comments on other sites even more ironic, they hate the poem because they think Bono wrote it. Actually, that's hilarious. :lol:

Noooooo! OMG! Hahahaaaa! That's awesome! I love how the mere mention of Bono gets some of them in a froth about his taxes. I can barely do my own taxes, let alone care about other people's filings.

Riiight..

and I suggested that Mr McKillen’s very close friend of 20 years, the singer Bono from the band U2, should join us.”

Who? :scratch: Never heard of him!

What an interesting tidbit of news. :happy:

:lol: Slow news day indeed!

Really, this is the first I've heard about it, I knew about the government falling but not this. :shrug:

And I must say, I'm loving your Simon Baker avatar! :drool:

Mostly becuase the whole coffee shop thing is not very important to other country's. But apparently they think otherwise.

I live him in the character of Patrick Jane.. This season is killing meeeeeee :hyper:
So much epic episodes and big ass cliffhangers.
I can't lay a finger on what he's doing and who to trust.
And yeah. Smexy. :shifty:

Mostly becuase the whole coffee shop thing is not very important to other country's. But apparently they think otherwise.

I live him in the character of Patrick Jane.. This season is killing meeeeeee :hyper:
So much epic episodes and big ass cliffhangers.
I can't lay a finger on what he's doing and who to trust.
And yeah. Smexy. :shifty:

Are you talking about season 4? Unfortunately, we're only up to season 3 of The Mentalist in Finland, so I'm not able to comment! :sigh: I've been a fan of Simon Baker since the early 00's when I saw him in The Guardian. :wink:

is he the guy in Devil Wears Prada? if so, i find him really really creepy!! :D

Are you talking about season 4? Unfortunately, we're only up to season 3 of The Mentalist in Finland, so I'm not able to comment! :sigh: I've been a fan of Simon Baker since the early 00's when I saw him in The Guardian. :wink:

Haha! you should have seen him in the 80's in a soapie called E-Street! god he was gorgeous!

Bono recalls le Brocquy as an unforgettable mentor who was 'bit like The Edge'

Bono recalls le Brocquy as an unforgettable mentor who was 'bit like The Edge' - National News - Independent.ie

"He managed to slow down the molecules in everyone else. He spoke so calmly and everyone wanted that stillness. I am a much more kinetic and anarchic personality, so I was very attracted to that. Edge is a bit like him," he said.

"If you are a famous person, people just look at you. He seemed to look at the other you," Bono said.

is he the guy in Devil Wears Prada? if so, i find him really really creepy!! :D

Yes, Simon plays Christian Thompson in The Devil wears Prada. I'd use many a superlative to describe Simon, but creepy isn't one of them?! :ohmy: Are you basing that opinion solely on one movie? Coz his character in the movie is a bit of a creep, but from having watched and read many an interview with the man he is anything but! I'd even go as far to say he is a really very nice relaxed unassuming Aussie, who loves his wife and 3 children dearly!!

philly80 said:
Haha! you should have seen him in the 80's in a soapie called E-Street! god he was gorgeous!

I have seen pics and video clips from that show, but I personally think he looks much better now than back then! :wink:

Rachel D. said:
The Mentalist is a ripoff of Psych, BTW

Sorry, never heard of that show! :shrug:

Galeongirl said:
Except that the Mentalist is actually a good show.

Absolutely, and Simon does a brilliant job as Patrick Jane! :applaud:

Oh I know of the protrait of which he speaks.....

ProtraitofBonobyLouislebrocquy.jpg

:wink:

Yes, Simon plays Christian Thompson in The Devil wears Prada. I'd use many a superlative to describe Simon, but creepy isn't one of them?! :ohmy: Are you basing that opinion solely on one movie? Coz his character in the movie is a bit of a creep, but from having watched and read many an interview with the man he is anything but! I'd even go as far to say he is a really very nice relaxed unassuming Aussie, who loves his wife and 3 children dearly!!

of course it's just based on that one movie - i don't know the guy personally do i! LOL

in fact, it's even shallower than that - he actually looks just like a guy i know who IS really creepy ha

i'm sure he's a lovely guy really :lol:

but yeah just saying, one woman's gorgeous is another woman's creepy lol

Well as much as I would like to see them at the Tony's again...
Not very shocking news they didn't get nominated, and I think its fair.
Lots of great musicals in the list that are better :applaud: So its a fair pick IMHO

Well as much as I would like to see them at the Tony's again...
Not very shocking news they didn't get nominated, and I think its fair.
Lots of great musicals in the list that are better :applaud: So its a fair pick IMHO

At least Ghost wasn't nominated. That would have annoyed me. I'll agree not every song in TOTD is stellar, but there are some gems. And I've heard some of the music from Ghost. *yawn*

There's some good music in the score of Spiderman, and IMHO, I suspect the snubs are personally motivated.

Val said:
There's some good music in the score of Spiderman, and IMHO, I suspect the snubs are personally motivated.

It is hard to get nominated for Best Director when you've fired though.

I'm not surprised that Spiderman didn't get many nominations. Maybe that will encourage Bono and Edge to not waste time on Broadway projects anymore. Or try harder. :uhoh:

Now that's an opinion.:corn:

Disagree

I mean that it's a copy of it, not that it's crappy.

Back
Top Bottom