PLEBA Girls Party: Wild thoughts for B...locked in that secret cupboard...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2edit541.jpg

2edit516.jpg

CeeCee said:
Mucca. Music stores often have books that list the songs, guitar tabs and all, in them for various songs. That might be your best bet. I've seen the one witht eh guitar tabs for the best of CD.

How long have you been playing?

I've been going on the net and finding tabs but the thing is they always change their tuning when they perform.

I've been playing for about a year. I haven't really been learning guitar properly like I should with scales and stuff, I'm too lazy :tongue: All I've been doing is learning songs. Hopefully I'll be able to force myself to learn some proper technique this summer.

FlyYourKite said:
Our class tonight was on sexual orientation and it was most interesting. :yes: Some very interesting and some downright bizarre theories indeed.

people come up with very strange ideas sometimes, don't they? :lol:

FlyYourKite said:
Our class tonight was on sexual orientation and it was most interesting. :yes: Some very interesting and some downright bizarre theories indeed.

So what are some of these bizarre theories?

Mucca said:

I've been going on the net and finding tabs but the thing is they always change their tuning when they perform.

I've been playing for about a year. I haven't really been learning guitar properly like I should with scales and stuff, I'm too lazy :tongue: All I've been doing is learning songs. Hopefully I'll be able to force myself to learn some proper technique this summer.

I've just started learning. I got my guitar in May. It was my birthday gift to myself. I hope to play Auld Lang Sind in time for New Years.

*sighs* I'd love to try and experament a bit. I played keyboards for like 10 years before I quit and I've always wanted to play guitar.

beau2ifulday said:
May I please join in with the PLEBAnisms?
Lemonade Stand is getting a bit bitchy :sad:

:hug: Of course, come on in! We're a friendly bunch. All we ask is that you keep and open mind and feel free to say whatever you're thinking :D

CeeCee said:

I've just started learning. I got my guitar in May. It was my birthday gift to myself. I hope to play Auld Lang Sind in time for New Years.

*sighs* I'd love to try and experament a bit. I played keyboards for like 10 years before I quit and I've always wanted to play guitar.

I got my guitar in last year Feb. as a birthday gift from my parents :D.

hey I played piano too! I didn't like it too much since I'm not a fan of classical so I stopped after I finished gr.10.

So are you just learning guitar on your own right now?

Thank you :hug:
I'm Beth, btw. I favour the bass guy (so y'know. It's nice to enter this thread and have his face as the first thing I see :giggle: )

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: Of course, come on in! We're a friendly bunch. All we ask is that you keep and open mind and feel free to say whatever you're thinking :D

Anything goes here and I mean anything :wink:

Now where is Bri with my cap!! :wink::hug:

CeeCee said:

I can play 'On top of old smokey" :reject: My nephew and I are actually taking lessons this summer

Sad_Girl said:

I can play 'On top of old smokey" :reject: My nephew and I are actually taking lessons this summer

I think the first song I learned was jingle bells in the middle of July :lol:

Group lessons?

beau2ifulday said:
Thank you :hug:
I'm Beth, btw. I favour the bass guy (so y'know. It's nice to enter this thread and have his face as the first thing I see :giggle: )

:adam: fans are especially welcome here - there aren't enough of us around! :giggle: SG is our resident Adam Dealer (pictures only, alas :laugh: )

Mucca said:

I got my guitar in last year Feb. as a birthday gift from my parents :D.

hey I played piano too! I didn't like it too much since I'm not a fan of classical so I stopped after I finished gr.10.

So are you just learning guitar on your own right now?

Wow! that rocks! I didn't play classical, i had books I used, and I taped the chord letters tot he keys for easier learning. *giggles*

Yeah, mostly on my own. I got Guitar for Dummies cause it shows me where to put my hands ont eh fret board. I've got a beautiful DG-5 from Fender.

Mucca said:

So what are some of these bizarre theories?

I'll relay some of the information that I found interesting anyway :laugh:

We looked at Kinsey's continuum of sexual orientation (a scale of 0-6, 0 being exclusively heterosexual and 6 being homosexual). He proposed the idea that only 3% of males and 1% of females fall under 6...37% of males and 13% of females fall anywhere beyond 0.

45% of Canadians believe that homosexual relations are ALWAYS wrong.

We talked about stereotypes including the typical "flamboyant" homosexual man or "dyke", child molestation, people being mentally imbalanced, and over-sexed. We also talked about children being raised in homosexual marriages/relationships and basically how as long as there is at least one responsible adult (regardless of sexual orientation) who has the happiness of the child at first interest, children will grow up just fine.

Homosexuality was classified as a disease in the DSM up until 1973. :tsk:

So onto the theories of why people are homosexual...

Biologic theories include genetics...there was an interesting study with twins: 52% of identical twins were both homosexual whereas only 22% of fraternal twins were...another theory is prenatal differentiation where certain hormonal imbalances cause homosexuality. This one is crazy to me but actually has been proven in small numbers but consistently nonetheless: the more male babies a woman has the greater the chance that each subsequent baby will have homosexual tendencies.

There was another crazy theory proposed that gay men had a more "feminized" hypothalamus...but the theory could never be replicated so therefore it is bollocks in my opinion :laugh:

So if it's not biology than is it through learning/nature? Well that doesn't seem to be the case either...in a homophobic/homonegative society why would parents want to inflict homosexual tendencies on their children?

Oh yeah, my professor was telling us about a client he had a few years ago. This man was young, very intelligent and good-looking and made an appointment to see him (my prof is a psychologist/therapist as well) one day and didn't specify the purpose of it. When he came in, he said straight out that he wanted a cure for homosexuality. He explained how his family was going to disown him and cast him as basically a leper or something if he could not be changed after walking out of the office. My professor was absolutely stunned. So the family was all there sitting outside the office and my prof called them in and told them he was going to grow up a successful, productive and intelligent man who has a wonderful partner. And the mother started crying and said if he couldn't help her son change then he was officially disowned. :sad:

Last edited:
Mucca said:

Group lessons?

Yeah, the guy is going to come to my sister's house for an hour however many times a week. Matty is the main student, I'm just sortof an extra observer. He says thats fine, though :D

Drea said:

:adam: fans are especially welcome here - there aren't enough of us around! :giggle: SG is our resident Adam Dealer (pictures only, alas :laugh: )

Yeah, I don't share the rest. The rest of him is all mine :tongue:

I learned Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Silent Night on keyboards. I think I managed Mary Had a Little Lamb too, but alas, I stoped around high school sometime cause we moved from a house to an apartment and there wasn't any room, plus we had thin walls and hte neighboors didn't like keyboards.

CeeCee said:

Wow! that rocks! I didn't play classical, i had books I used, and I taped the chord letters tot he keys for easier learning. *giggles*

Yeah, mostly on my own. I got Guitar for Dummies cause it shows me where to put my hands ont eh fret board. I've got a beautiful DG-5 from Fender.

:lol:

Cool guitar! I've got some yamaha...I've no clue what it's called but here's a pic :D

blueburstguitar.jpg

*whines* I should go to bed. I've been up over 24 hours and I have to be up at 4am to take my dad to the train station. I don't want to go though. *whines* I want to stay with Mucca and SG! I'm addicted to Blue Crack! HELP! I'm on BLue Crack and I don't want to get off!

CeeCee said:
*whines* I should go to bed. I've been up over 24 hours and I have to be up at 4am to take my dad to the train station. I don't want to go though. *whines* I want to stay with Mucca and SG! I'm addicted to Blue Crack! HELP! I'm on BLue Crack and I don't want to get off!

I just heard they named a tropical storm after you ! :hyper: congratulations! :giggle:

Fly - A more "feminized" hypothalamus eh...:giggle: Those are some pretty interesting theories.

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, the guy is going to come to my sister's house for an hour however many times a week. Matty is the main student, I'm just sortof an extra observer. He says thats fine, though :D

That's awesome! You two are going to have tons of fun! :D

How much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom