PLEBA girls party-WARNING: going after Bono will get you tasered by VP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you all for your support...

ahhh VP...:hug:
see I already did a whole bunch of emergency caretaking with both my parents....and finally in the last few years after decades of emergencies [my mom got sick when I was 5 and as she started to get better at last when I was around 20 and stay that way for almost 20 yrs before she had other problems, as she got betteerr my dad started havinhg major problems when i was 18! and get on like that mostly ever since] ...i've begun to unwind from this half-concious tensing that i had topo fdoten... so I've been there already... Thanks again and hopefully there'll will be no need... And i do have in many ways a bigger support team now :D

enough of the worry/sad stuff....back to fun!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I haven't ever been able to get my ears pierced....let alone a TATOO!!! :faint: :faint:

i like the concept of themn....not the doing , tho:yikes:

dazzledbylight said:

see I already did a whole bunch of emergency caretaking with both my parents....and finally in the last few years after decades of emergencies [my mom got sick when I was 5 and as she started to get better at last when I was around 20 and stay that way for almost 20 yrs before she had other problems, as she got betteerr my dad started havinhg major problems when i was 18! and get on like that mostly ever since] ...i've begun to unwind from this half-concious tensing that i had topo fdoten... so I've been there already... Thanks again and hopefully there'll will be no need... And i do have in many ways a bigger support team now :D

I haven't ever been able to get my ears pierced....let alone a TATOO!!! :faint: :faint:

Had my ears pierced when I was 13 ... for about two weeks :lol:

but I think I could handle a tattoo now. I've gotten rather indifferent to pain as I got older

Face it Fly we love ya no matter what! :hug: :heart: But of course if ya flash your tattoo around more often I'd really be after your bum. :drool: :laugh: :evil:

Mr. Cat just came in here, we were discussing hot sex and he said that I wanted to have some just cuz I'm watching a U2 dvd. I said actually that I had a wee bit of a crush on Vanessa. I thought he would get all weirded out. He said "hmmm, we should invite her over sometime!" :lol: See we aren't the only perves around. :eyebrow: :wink:

:lol: :lmao:

Ok, this was actually from a series of self portraits... but it so makes me think about someone sneaking in backstage before a show to surprise them...

iD793d.jpg

:lmao:

dazzledbylight said:

wow, you've been through it for a long time, then. :hug: My dad passed away very suddenly in '98...my mom was very healthy till about 2001, then her woes started. My sister works mon - thurs, 10 hour shifts...my brother lived out of town...and i was "only" in school, so it fell to mostly me. This past year, school has gotten more hectic, and my brother's back in town, so he's taken over a lot of the day-to-day errands, although I still deal with all the medical stuff...thankfully, she's been pretty good, lately.

And I mean it, if you ever want to e-mail, please feel free. We can vent to each other. *hug*

Sad_Girl said:

A lot of 'Churches' teach awful, hateful things for which there is no basis ... I have a total chip on my shoulder against a lot of organized religions because of things like that. :sigh: It's sad, cuz I'm a very spiritual person

yeah, SG i feel similar......I don't like the Fundalmentalists in ANY relgion!

But I'm ALSO LUCKY for while I'm no longer a Catholic/Christian in how I percieve The Divine/Source/Power etc.... I have been in 2 of the most ecumenical {not only Judeo-Christian but NAtive American/African/Shinto Nature-Animist religions aS WELL, caring for ALL people Protestan {Episcapalian} CHURCHES HERE IN nyc....:heart:

Sad_Girl said:

Had my ears pierced when I was 13 ... for about two weeks :lol:

but I think I could handle a tattoo now. I've gotten rather indifferent to pain as I got older

I cried horribly when I was 20 when I had to have a bunch of blood taken when I had Mono. My mother got pissed, cuz she said i was being ridiculous about the whole thing. But I was so afraid of needles. Well 9 years later it doesn't faze me anymore. But I think alot of that has to do with having to give myself alot of shots in the last year. But I never thought I could go thru getting a tattoo. Its totally not as bad as you think it will be.

Nighty night Bri! Sweaty dreams. :hug: :heart:

Dazz I will be praying for you as well. I totally understand where your coming from. i spent most of my childhood caring for my mother and father who were both very ill. And raising my three brothers. I finally had to move hundreds of miles away to gain my sanity. I hope it all works out for you and your sister. :hug:

dazzledbylight said:

yeah, SG i feel similar......I don't like the Fundalmentalists in ANY relgion!

But I'm ALSO LUCKY for while I'm no longer a Catholic/Christian in how I percieve The Divine/Source/Power etc.... I have been in 2 of the most ecumenical {not only Judeo-Christian but NAtive American/African/Shinto Nature-Animist religions aS WELL, caring for ALL people Protestan {Episcapalian} CHURCHES HERE IN nyc....:heart:

that's good. There aren't many like that around here, but they aren't unheard of. There is a Native American/Catholic church which combines both in Cheboygan, and that is very interesting worship to witness/participate in.

God reaches us in so many ways :hug: like through new friends :D

Russty Cat said:

I cried horribly when I was 20 when I had to have a bunch of blood taken when I had Mono. My mother got pissed, cuz she said i was being ridiculous about the whole thing. But I was so afraid of needles. Well 9 years later it doesn't faze me anymore. But I think alot of that has to do with having to give myself alot of shots in the last year. But I never thought I could go thru getting a tattoo. Its totally not as bad as you think it will be.

Yeah, when I was working on the ambulance and studying to be a paramedic, we used to start IV's on each other for practice. After that, nothing much phases you :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, when I was working on the ambulance and studying to be a paramedic, we used to start IV's on each other for practice. After that, nothing much phases you :lol:

:yikes: Kudos to you SG!

One of my profs wanted us to practice drawing blood from each other so we wouldn't be so nervous in clinical.

Yeah right! :ohmy: You better believe no one was coming near me with a needle that day. :laugh:

LOL SG I would have freaked before I let someone practice on me! But hell I even let Mr. Cat take a stab at me one night, so if I was ever uncouncious or anything he would know what to do. He was total crap at it! He jabbed me so hard right in the muscle on my thigh! I about went thru the roof! I wanted to punch him. mwhahaha That sure as heck won't be happening again. lol

FlyYourKite said:

:yikes: Kudos to you SG!

One of my profs wanted us to practice drawing blood from each other so we wouldn't be so nervous in clinical.

Yeah right! :ohmy: You better believe no one was coming near me with a needle that day. :laugh:

Oh, it was REQUIRED, believe you me... you aren't going anywhere near a patient with a needle if you haven't experienced it plenty yourself :yikes: especially bouncing downthe road in the back of an ambulance

Sad_Girl said:

Oh, it was REQUIRED, believe you me... you aren't going anywhere near a patient with a needle if you haven't experienced it plenty yourself :yikes: especially bouncing downthe road in the back of an ambulance

:yikes: Woha they are crazy in Michigan. Or we are just really lax in Ontario :lol:

I practiced on an orange, a piece of rubber and then on a dummy before my first patient. Poor old lady :sad: :laugh:

She did say it didn't hurt though! :rockon:

dazzledbylight said:

yeah, riiighhtttt :| :wink: :hug:

i wish they were easier to remove, too. :yikes: :laugh:

That is the bad thing, they are hell to remove. My mother warned me that I better make sure before I ever did it, cuz she has been in on a tattoo removal at her work and she said it was horribly painful for the patient.

After I got mine when I was driving home I thought, damn I wonder what I'm going to be like when I'm 80 with this tattoo? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom