PLEBA Girls Party--Partying With Conan & Our Guys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonosBaby12 said:
Aren't they? They make you just want to hug them and never let go. What a great bunch of sweet guys :happy:. Bono shouldn't consider a career in comedy though:lol:

:lol: No, I think thats definitely true. Did you see the VH1 all access? He was making a bunch of jokes about the movie Titanic, but even the guys just looked at him like "What?"

:lol:

cute2.jpg

:heart: I love it when Adam laughs :cute:

Diane L said:

Joanne, they think you know everything because you have a degree in library science--and what librarians don't know, they know where to find the answers!!!

Diane, they did this even before I got the degree! :lol:

This reminds me of a joke one of my mentors told me:

How many librarians does it take to change a lightbulb?

"I don't know, sir. But I can look that up for you."

:wink:

How many members of U2 does it take to change a lightbulb?
(no, you may not have heard this one before)

Three. Edge, Adam, and Larry change it. While Bono stages a multi-media press conference about lightbulbs and the need for affordable electric power in Africa.

Diane L said:
That last Larry picture that SG posted looks like him when he was a young boy and the band was just starting out...baby Larry flashback!!!

:giggle: *looks at pic again* You're right! :lol:

The really funny part being that the Moobday thread this week is "Young Larry" :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: No, I think thats definitely true. Did you see the VH1 all access? He was making a bunch of jokes about the movie Titanic, but even the guys just looked at him like "What?"

Yeah I saw that the poor guy tries but man he just doesn't have it in him! :lol: . The others are probably wishing that he wouldn't voice these jokes out loud,hehe.

jobob said:

Bono tells a pretty funny little story -- (maybe it's in the foreword to "End of Poverty") about how he once dozed off next to Sachs on a plane, and how one should not sleep with one's professors ...
:cute: :giggle:
He's too adroable.

VintagePunk said:

:lol: I joked with a cosmetician recently that I'm just one shade darker than albino. :wink:

:lol:!

And I'm like what...a dalmation?.....:p

BonosBaby12 said:

Yeah I saw that the poor guy tries but man he just doesn't have it in him! :lol: . The others are probably wishing that he wouldn't voice these jokes out loud,hehe.

:edge: He's doing it again

:adam: just ignore him, he'll stop

:larry: but... but ... they're taping this!

:edge: c'mon, who'd air THAT?!?!?!

girls, please tell me that I'm not insane to stay up until 1:30 on a school night to watch U2 on Conan!! I have to wake up at 6:15! :reject: :lmao:

I don't have any tests or anything tomorrow though, and it's Friday :D

MBS said:

:hyper:

I hope so.

Cause if they cut anything off like SNL :grumpy:

I know. :angry:

Sarah looked it up for me, and she read somewhere that the audience were told to be prepared for a two hour taping in case the band wanted to perform more songs...but I'm assuming that they would edit it down to an hour after??

VintagePunk said:

I know. :angry:

Sarah looked it up for me, and she read somewhere that the audience were told to be prepared for a two hour taping in case the band wanted to perform more songs...but I'm assuming that they would edit it down to an hour after??

They wouldn't dare!! :angry:

But you're probably right. God forbide we miss any commercial time. :eyeroll:

Ooo..unless maybe they'll trim the commercial time...= more U2 time?

my mom just came in and said "they are gonna play [blank, for anyone who doesn't want to know]!! I saw a clip of it just now!!" :lol: I was like duh mom, I already knew that :wink:

and she was so proud because she is a HUGE Bruce Springsteen fan, and the news said that the only other time in history that a show was dedicated to one person was Bruce and that was 7 years ago so he got it first :angry: but if anyone had it before the boys, at least it's Bruce :love:

BonosBaby12 said:

I'm one of those people who think Bono's prose, speeches, and interview answers are often very funny.

Sometimes he's intentionally funny. Sometimes he's just droll. And sometimes, when Bono's trying to be funny or ironic, you just want to say "Excuse me? I don't get it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom