PLEBA Girls Party: No One Can Take The Place of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's almost back to normal...he's been SO sick lately but we realized that it was from the percoset (sp?) he's been taking (it does that to my grandma too) so he's not really on pain meds and he's ok so that's a good sign. He has a follow up appt with the doctor on Thursday :)

:lol: Bri about amusing him :wink:

sami0201 said:
He's almost back to normal...he's been SO sick lately but we realized that it was from the percoset (sp?) he's been taking (it does that to my grandma too) so he's not really on pain meds and he's ok so that's a good sign. He has a follow up appt with the doctor on Thursday :)

:lol: Bri about amusing him :wink:

I'm glad he's doing better. :hug:

And should I be suspicious if some random newbie starts posting in here? :uoh: :lol:

:lmao: Drea!
Mike Harris :shudders: :mad:

Night Sami :hug: :heart:
Sweet dreams. And thanks!

Tre, what would you like to know? Maybe I can educate you :sexywink:

Drea, do you know where I could see a lay out of who's winning in TO. Rumours were that it had a lot of NDP support.....but I'm not familar with all the ridings to be able to negotiate the cbc site

~BrightestStar~ said:

The green party leader isn't winnning in his own riding, how sad. :(
( But a liberal is :happy: )

He's running against Jack Layton, not a Liberal *g*

"This time both NDP leader Jack Layton and Green Party leader Jim Harris are running in the same riding of Toronto Danforth." (from cbc.ca)

~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm glad he's doing better. :hug:

And should I be suspicious if some random newbie starts posting in here? :uoh: :lol:

:lmao: Yes! He said it was fun :yikes: I don't think he'll really do it though :wink:

Or if someone posts from my name between 7-2 tomorrow it's him :lol:

Thanks Bri and SG :hug:

:wave:

jobob said:

Yes, but here in Michigan, we have a town which elected an 18-year-old mayor last summer.

:lol:

Some one was telling me that in one of the ridings, a kid who was a volunteer found himself the MP of the party. :lol:

Ontario Toronto-Danforth
New Democrat Leader Jack Layton faces off against Liberal Deborah Coyne, who's probably best known as the mother of Pierre Trudeau's only daughter.

Ooo....Layton vs a Trudeau association.
And Layton won.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Drea, do you know where I could see a lay out of who's winning in TO. Rumours were that it had a lot of NDP support.....but I'm not familar with all the ridings to be able to negotiate the cbc site

My riding went Liberal (Willowdale), Jack Layton has been declared 'elected' in Toronto-Danforth... I can check the ridings I know are in TO for you and see :)

Ladies and gentleman, it's been fun, it's been real, it's been real fun. However, I just remembered I have a little errand I have to do before the end of the evening.

I hope the election returns aren't too disappointing for you, my Ontario friends. :hug:

:remembers back in 2004 when disappointed liberal-minded Americans threatened to move to Canada:

Good night, see you soon. :wave:

the rockin edge said:
night Sami :hug:

anything, i know nothing :loser: :tsk:

:hmm:
Ok.

It's not too complex I don't think....
We've got 3..well, I suppose 4 main parties.
The Liberals. heart:
The conservatives :mad:
The NDP (liberal like, very much for the 'common guy')
And everyones favourite, the Bloq Quebecois (our special lilttle separatist group)

They each have leaders,
Paul Martin
Harper :mad:
Jack Layton
and Gilles Duceippe

Each riding (there are 308) have MPs from 3 of theses parties (the BQ are only in Quebec). (each riding may also have representatives from a few of the lesser 'parties' the Green, the Marijuana party etc lol )
Each elected MP gets a seat in parliament.

A Majority government occurs if any one party has over 155 seats.

A minority otherwise. The minority goes to whomever has the most seats. But the other two parties combined have more, thus, when it comes to votes in parliament, they have quite a bit of power.
However, due to this, minority governments usually dohn't last.

:blahblah:

Night Sami :hug:
Night Jo :hug:

And Drea, if you don't mind. I'm just curious. :) You don't have to.

Last edited:
Drea said:

He's running against Jack Layton, not a Liberal *g*

"This time both NDP leader Jack Layton and Green Party leader Jim Harris are running in the same riding of Toronto Danforth." (from cbc.ca)

Back for a bit before bed. Has anyone heard how Olivia Chow is doing?

I missed Sami's dad. :(

~BrightestStar~ said:

Ok.

The Liberals. heart:
And everyones favourite, the Bloq Quebecois (our special lilttle separatist group)

They each have leaders,
Paul Martin
Jack Layton
and Gilles Duceippe

Each riding (there are 308) have MPs from 3 of theses parties (the BQ are only in Quebec). (each riding may also have representatives from a few of the lesser 'parties' the Green, the Marijuana party etc lol )

A minority otherwise. The minority goes to whomever has the most seats. But the other two parties combined have more, thus, when it comes to votes in parliament, they have quite a bit of power.

cool, thanks :up: :)

anything you want to know in return? i learned quite a bit during the last US election, even saw both candidates speak in person when they came to town :happy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Ok.

The Liberals. heart:

They each have leaders,
Paul Martin
Jack Layton
and Gilles Duceippe

Night Sami :hug:
Night Jo :hug:

And Drea, if you don't mind. I'm just curious. :) You don't have to.

Very good explanation - my clone's so smart! :love:

SG, Jem is premium. :yes:

Hmm.. I've checked 6 of the ridings I know are TO or GTA, and there seems to be a trend...

Oops, make that 8, including the two I'd checked before *g*

6 ridings - Lib elected
1 riding - Lib leading
1 riding - NDP elected (Layton)

There's a bunch of other ridings I could check still, but I'm fairly sure it's a TO trend - we may complain about the Liberals around here, but it's clear we'd rather still have them around than the Conservatives :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Back for a bit before bed. Has anyone heard how Olivia Chow is doing?

I missed Sami's dad. :(

That's one of the TO ridings I haven't checked yet... Now, if I can remember what the Kensington Market riding is.. :wink:

**Aha! Trinity-Spadina (riding #202)...

She's leading Tony Ianno by about 750 votes atm VP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom