PLEBA girls party-a little too friendly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
susanp6 said:
Mucca!!!! That's quite an eejit pulling her top off eh? I would NOT even contemplate doing that!!!!! Haven't really read any chance to read stories yet, as i was dying to get on here to talk to you all again! Been wishing i could transport myself ALL NIGHT on the bus back ultra fast!!! :wink:

i just read that :rolleyes: how desperate, i didn't even know someone had done that till you posted that!

i really need to catch up with topics and get some sleep!

Thanks girls. :hug: I've worked so long and hard at this, it feels good to know my instincts were correct.

One thing Scott and I talked about....he said she tends to berate undergrads to make herself look good. I told him I could totally see how someone like her could severely shake the conficdence of a younger student. I'm old and tough, so she couldn't get to me. :evil:

VintagePunk said:

Okay...when you get to doing research in uni, and competing for grad level spots, it gets very poliical and competitive. Basically, I gave my thesis presentation weeks back, and the TA for the professor that's in charge of the program didn't like the measure that I had decided to use for attachment...gave a whole bunch of lame-ass reasons why this one was bad, and another one she suggested using was great...

Then her and I talked individually a week ago...she basically slammed everything I planned on using...the measure, my entire conceptualization of attachment...the theory behind what I'm using...so, I e-mailed Scott, my prof/advisor, and bitched to him...he set up a meeting today with him, I, and a leading researcher in the area of attachment...

Got there. Seems this researcher entirely agrees with MY conceptualization....hates the measure the TA told me to use...LIKES the one I was going to use in the first place...PLUS, has been working on a measure of his own that he offered to us to use...new, unique measure = more likelihood of getting my research published...

After he left the meeting, Scott, referring to the TA, used the phrases "fucking whack-job," "seriously personality disordered," and "raving bitch."

:lmao:

I get a little upset when i here men in fields of academia go off on a fellow woman academe....just because i don't know what power plays /anti-smart women stuff---

but for you-- I'm Thrilled!!! Way to go VP!!!
:hug: :applaud: :applaud: :D :happy:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Thanks girls. :hug: I've worked so long and hard at this, it feels good to know my instincts were correct.

One thing Scott and I talked about....he said she tends to berate undergrads to make herself look good. I told him I could totally see how someone like her could severely shake the conficdence of a younger student. I'm old and tough, so she couldn't get to me. :evil:

She sounds like a total bitch. :madspit:

Will anything happen to her?

Well, VP - Students shouldn't be shaken up like that, should they? They shoould be given their say&have their own ideas&opinions if you ask me! Would you say i'm right about that?

dazzledbylight said:

I get a little upset when i here men in fields of academia go off on a fellow woman academe....just because i don't know what poer plays /anti-women stuff---

but for you-- I'm Thrilled!!! Way to go VP!!! :hug: :applaud: :applaud: :D :HAPPY:

Oh, Scott's not anti-female at all. He's just anti-idiot. :yes: :lol:

He's a very no-nonsense kinda person who doesn't mind calling bullshit when he sees it. That's why he and I get along so well. :)

ok I'll be off typing for a few mins.....

actually i have tio see if this comp is going to give a n extended first seeion..... if not then i'll be logged off and come back so ill be here for another few mins

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Okay...when you get to doing research in uni, and competing for grad level spots, it gets very poliical and competitive. Basically, I gave my thesis presentation weeks back, and the TA for the professor that's in charge of the program didn't like the measure that I had decided to use for attachment...gave a whole bunch of lame-ass reasons why this one was bad, and another one she suggested using was great...

Then her and I talked individually a week ago...she basically slammed everything I planned on using...the measure, my entire conceptualization of attachment...the theory behind what I'm using...so, I e-mailed Scott, my prof/advisor, and bitched to him...he set up a meeting today with him, I, and a leading researcher in the area of attachment...

Got there. Seems this researcher entirely agrees with MY conceptualization....hates the measure the TA told me to use...LIKES the one I was going to use in the first place...PLUS, has been working on a measure of his own that he offered to us to use...new, unique measure = more likelihood of getting my research published...

After he left the meeting, Scott, referring to the TA, used the phrases "fucking whack-job," "seriously personality disordered," and "raving bitch."

:lmao:

:applaud: You go VP, no one messes with a PLEBAn :hug:

you really showed her :lmao:

thats really bad though if she intimidates younger students, i'd be like :yikes:

Last edited:
DG...she IS. I tried to explain my line of reasoning to her, and she wouldn't even listen.

No, nothing will happen to her. She'll just be allowed to continue on. I hope others stand up to her, and don't just accept her word as gospel.

SUSAN, I totally agree. especially in the case of younger students...someone like her can really shake their confidence. Her methods leave a lot to be desired.

Okay here are some pics from my boat cruise:

This is the boat
Boat.jpg

Inside the boat we had 2 levels, each one had it's own little dance floor, (people started pole dancing on the pole :laugh: ) :
Inside.jpg

And here's just some buildings and stuff that we went by:

Skyline.jpg

Sunset.jpg

GranvilleIsland.jpg

ScienceWorld.jpg

VintagePunk said:

Oh, Scott's not anti-female at all. He's just anti-idiot. :yes: :lol:

He's a very no-nonsense kinda person who doesn't mind calling bullshit when he sees it. That's why he and I get along so well. :)

I corrected it to anti-smart women stuff.... you might of heard reccently of Lawrence summers remarks on women & science.....
in Acedemic lirfe..... i'm just very cautuois...but i'll trust you POV

VintagePunk said:
DG...she IS. I tried to explain my line of reasoning to her, and she wouldn't even listen.

No, nothing will happen to her. She'll just be allowed to continue on. I hope others stand up to her, and don't just accept her word as gospel.

SUSAN, I totally agree. especially in the case of younger students...someone like her can really shake their confidence. Her methods leave a lot to be desired.

That sucks that the university would turn a blind eye to it. I'm sure she's had alot of complaints against her. Like you said, it wouldn't affect someone like you, but with someone who's younger and isn't so confident she could potentially ruin their hopes to do what they want.

dazzledbylight said:

I corrected it to anti-smart women stuff.... you might of heard reccently of Lawrence summers remarks on women & science.....
:lol: Scott has said plenty of stuff about males he disagrees with in the past, as well.

In Elessarian terms, he's "stank." :D

dazzledbylight said:

I heard about that. :madspit:

MUCCA!!!! That is a fantastic boat&what a gorgeous place too!!!

Ooooo Lovely sunset there!!:love: :cute: I love beautiful sunsets!

I was just about to ask to see the pix&there they were!!

So, considering what you said about skipping the study, does this mean you'll have no probs with being on to see my Edgy&Bono pix? :hyper: :hyper:

I posted some boat pics on the page before and I'm off to dinner so see you girls! :hug:

Susan!!! I'm glad you had an awesome time!! :rockon:

susanp6 said:
MUCCA!!!! That is a fantastic boat&what a gorgeous place too!!!

Ooooo Lovely sunset there!!:love: :cute: I love beautiful sunsets!

I was just about to ask to see the pix&there they were!!

So, considering what you said about skipping the study, does this mean you'll have no probs with being on to see my Edgy&Bono pix? :hyper: :hyper:

We were lucky it was sunny, it had been pouring like mad the last two days!

On saturday?

bonoishot said:
wow mucca you get a cruise when you graduate, is it like dinnder then dancing for the night :)

Well we had our dinner/dance aka prom last month and we were suppose to go on the cruise right after for more dancing but the boat we had before didn't pass it's safety inspection. This boat trip was to make for it.

Yep Mucca! Saturday at around 5 PM your time is roughly when we'll get pix up i would imagine after trying to calm ourselves down from squealing over SEXY beast Bono!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

susanp6 said:
Yep Mucca! Saturday at around 5 PM your time is roughly when we'll get pix up i would imagine after trying to calm ourselves down from squealing over SEXY beast Bono!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'll definately be there!!! :hyper::hyper:
Can't wait!

Okay I really gotta go now! Bye :wave:

Hi Dazz!!!! :wave: :hug: Been meaning to say hi, but i'm in such an excited wobble over seeing Bono up SO close!!!!!! :ohmy: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom