PGP: We're Hatching Some Plots & Scheming Some Schemes To Meet POur U2 Boys On Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
possibilities:
a) things are worse than imagined and they're figuring out exactly how much of the tour to postpone and exactly how much to tell us

b)things are better than imagined and they're figuring out just how little to postpone while playing it safe

c) He's okay,but they're totally unsure of how fast he'll recover and have very little way of gaugeing how much of the tour to postpone.

Ok, I can't stay long cause I have to run off to tutoring soon. But after checking u2.com and the eykiw thread.....is there seriously no news yet? :scream:

1) You'd think they'd at least release a statement saying the surgery went well, he's recouping, blah blah. Altho, I guess they sorta did that the other day...but they were vague.

2) I think it would be wise to just cancel the minimum number of shows...the ones you know there is no doubt about, but preface it by saying more cancelations may be necessary as he progresses and they will make those decisions as they can better assess the situation. And then give some date where they will make another update (say a week or two from now). At least that's what I would do.

3) why haven't they said anything yet? :sad:

Delayed news = bad news. The doctors didn't even come out and brag about the operation. No one's said a word. And McG said he'd make another announcement today. Well, today's almost over in Ireland and Germany. And it's past noon in New York, so...I don't know. I just want to know that he's alive. You know, that'd be nice. "We're not sure what we're doing about the tour, but Bono didn't stop breathing and die on the operating table under the anaesthesia. Thought you'd like to know." Something, McG. Work with us here.

IS BONO OK? THAT'S ALL I WANT TO KNOW :hug:

I'm sure he wants to let the fans know how he's doing.

Paul actually didn't say there would be another announcement today, that was atu2.com who said that. Not sure where they got their info from. And as I just posted in the Bono back thread, this was tweeted from Baja (head mod at u2.com) a few minutes ago:

atu2

RT @U2Baja: Dear #U2 Nation, at this time no new updates. No ETA on when the next update will be. Keep checking U2.com > Welcome this week .... 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

I'm sure Bono is just fine. Back surgeries were much more delicate years ago - now, they're very routine. I think the reason we haven't heard any more is because it's just as Paul said on Friday - he was out of surgery, and would be spending the next few days recuperating in hospital before returning home to finish recuperating. I think there just isn't any more to tell at the moment. :)

Someone was saying on Twitter earlier today that a German paper/website was saying he suffered a herniated disk, and that after checking google "most are fine after 4 weeks though some take longer to recover. 4 to 6 weeks" (paraphrase)

4 weeks = just before Seattle
5 weeks = just before Minneapolis
6 weeks = just before Toronto

Of course the German site may have things completely wrong, but if that's true then we have something to work from until we hear officially...

VPee, the voice of reason. :love:

And I didn't realize that it was atu2 that said there'd be an announcement today, I thought it was u2.com. But that explains the lack of announcement today. heh

Altho, with some of the dates coming up very soon...and knowing a lot of people have travel plans on the line (I'm sure they're aware of this fact), I think the sooner they can get postponement info out there, the better.

Someone was saying on Twitter earlier today that a German paper/website was saying he suffered a herniated disk, and that after checking google "most are fine after 4 weeks though some take longer to recover. 4 to 6 weeks" (paraphrase)

4 weeks = just before Seattle
5 weeks = just before Minneapolis
6 weeks = just before Toronto

Of course the German site may have things completely wrong, but if that's true then we have something to work from until we hear officially...

Well if the rumours are true that the claw is headed to Minneapolis...then that gives people something to work with too, I suppose.

ETA: gotta get moving

Catch you later girlies :hug:
:panic:

I'd enjoy it more if we had some news :lol:

Dear U2,

All I want for my birthday is a good prognosis for Bono's back and some idea about tour dates.

Love and chocolate (and some tea for Sparky),
Drea

VPee, the voice of reason. :love:

And I didn't realize that it was atu2 that said there'd be an announcement today, I thought it was u2.com. But that explains the lack of announcement today. heh

Altho, with some of the dates coming up very soon...and knowing a lot of people have travel plans on the line (I'm sure they're aware of this fact), I think the sooner they can get postponement info out there, the better.

It might seem like I'm making light of it, but I'm really not. :reject: It's just that I know people who have had various kinds of back surgeries, and have even heard of others (with my back, some people feel the need to inform me of these things :rolleyes: ), and I know they're routine. Plus, Bono has the best and most qualified people in the world, I'm sure, working toward his full and as speedy as possible recovery - he has many advantages that the average person wouldn't have, to get through this. :up:

Drea, I have absolutely no way of knowing, but I strongly suspect that that's the surgery he had - probably the microdiscectomy version, because that's what the doctor he has specializes in.

It's very, very possible, maybe even probable, that the reason they're playing it conservatively about postponing the tour dates is because his recovery time will be on the cusp of many of them, making it hard to predict this early.

I also wonder though, when seeing the recovery times, if that doesn't refer to someone with a less active lifestyle, someone who doesn't have to travel the world and then jump around onstage for a few hours every couple of days. I don't know. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

All my Canadian cuties :love:

Hope your enjoying your day off :drool:

:kiss:

I'm feeling kind of drained today. I actually slept nearly 8 full hrs last night, but I think it's the combination of missing so much sleep the night before, and spending much of the 2 1/2 hr Lost finale crying that got to me. :lol: I do have a shitload of housework to get to today, though. :yikes: The electrician is coming back tomorrow to do more work...

How are you? Is your cold any better?

Well if the rumours are true that the claw is headed to Minneapolis...then that gives people something to work with too, I suppose.

ETA: gotta get moving

Catch you later girlies :hug:
:panic:

Actually an interferencer went to the stadium in SLC yesterday.
Originally Posted by spanisheyes68
Just wanted to update you all on the situation in Salt Lake. I live down the street, and as of yesterday (Sunday), there were still about 50-60 U2 trucks in the parking lot across the street from Rice Eccles, with several of the claw ramps still visible. Not sure what means in terms of the info that the claw had been sent to Minneapolis. I'm just sayin...

Gonna swing by today and see how it looks...

So the claw's mostly still there!

Yeah cold is gone, it been very hot here the last 3 days

People here got up for the Lost Finale at 5am :crack:

Spent today explaining to colleagues that i didn't know what Bono had done and that it wasn't caused by me :lol:

How hot has it been? Neil McCormick tweeted that he was melting, so I checked and it said that it was 26C in London. Is that really hot for you guys, or was it hotter?

How hot has it been? Neil McCormick tweeted that he was melting, so I checked and it said that it was 26C in London. Is that really hot for you guys, or was it hotter?

That's really hot for me :lol:

Yeah being in East London i always look at that temperature

and when the air com at work is out of order i'm so grateful that i got my own personal fan due to a "medical" condition

I'm thinking it might be a relative terms thing VP - I have a British friend who was complaining he was melting and it was 27C (Friday, I think).

People here got up for the Lost Finale at 5am :crack:

They did at work too. :crack:

That's really hot for me :lol:

Yeah being in East London i always look at that temperature

and when the air com at work is out of order i'm so grateful that i got my own personal fan due to a "medical" condition

It was hot here too. :yes:

We don't have air con at work and I'm not allowed a fan as we need to have a medical reason too. :sad::grumpy::melts:

Oooh, Gary Lightbody's side project Tired Pony ( also has Belle and Sebastian and REM and Editor's guy's and Garrett "Jacknife" Lee - SP's producer and a few other people) is adding a show at 11pm in London on 12th July. :hyper::hyper::hyper: I couldn't go to the earlier one as no leave at work but I can now hopefully ( if I get a ticket ) go after work and get an early train back. :crack::lol::love:

Presale in the morning. :crack: I must be fucking insane. :crack::lol:

Oooh, Gary Lightbody's side project Tired Pony ( also has Belle and Sebastian and REM and Editor's guy's and Garrett "Jacknife" Lee - SP's producer and a few other people) is adding a show at 11pm in London on 12th July. :hyper::hyper::hyper: I couldn't go to the earlier one as no leave at work but I can now hopefully ( if I get a ticket ) go after work and get an early train back. :crack::lol::love:

Presale in the morning. :crack: I must be fucking insane. :crack::lol:

Not forgetting possible jet lag that could be just after our return :lol:

Both look really nice. :yes: Gotta say all that money for those hotels though and no full spa ie pool, sauna, jacuzzi, massages etc. :ohmy:

Will have a good nosy and get back to you. :kiss:

*send good ticket vibes*

*sends Bono get well to see my pleban girls vibes*

Thanks. :hug: I'll probably need them. :lol::crack:

Get well soon B. :heart:

Don't be put off by them prices , they'd be cheaper than that :lol:

I'm still looking at the them so may find something else :lol:

But want 5 star or maybe a good 4 star :drool:

I know split between everyone it would be cheaper but I was just like DUDE NO SPA TO CHILL IN. :ohmy::sad: ( Believe jacuzzi's are a winner after GA. :drool::love:) :reject::lol:

Yup 4 or 5 all the way. Hope we don't end up having a lift incident again. :ohmy::lol:

Back
Top Bottom