PGP: los pantalones en el fuego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry about your uncle. What type of cancer? I've had 3 grandparents die from lung, colon and other types of cancer.

I know saying that at least he's not in pain doesn't remove the sting.

Cancer should just fuck itself and die. It's a heartless bastard. :angry:

That. So fucking much. :| Enough of my family has died from it.

Thanks for the support guys, I knew you'd be nice to me. :hug:

Grace, it was lung cancer. Suppose it's not strange as he smoked all his life, but yeah it's also in the family. And they had it under control, the tumor was shrinking and he was feeling better.. then he had a four hour epillepsy attack and turned out it had spread to his pancreas and brain. That was three weeks ago I think.

There is the difference from getting excited over 'Streets' and 'Photograph'. :rockon:

So, this hurricane is now a tropical storm. Since my husband and I are crazy, we took a drive to get coffee and check out the storm. Our little bay is usually pretty docile. It was kicking it up some surf today. We had some limbs down on the road. The wind and rain is starting to pick up but it's like a bad nor'easter right now.
:applaud:

That's because I wasn't old enough for him to chase then.
:lol:

Certainly the maddest bunch of weirdo's I know!

It's nice to be around others who suffer the same "affliction." :shifty:

Gonna go get lunch with the dorm mates.

I mean, storm's basically gone. And since we're in a group we won't die
ha!

:lol: Timezones are so damn weird. You're having lunch when I'm having dinner.

I settled with Spare ribs. They should be delivered within half an hour :D

:crack: Whacko uncle from mom's side called. Ugh, I'll never get used to getting calls from him or his older sister. Both are complete sociophobes living in their own little worlds with their wife/husband. He called asking about my uncle(my dad's brother) and then went on that my parents weren't there, pried about my dad's relationship towards his other brother and to asking how I was doing, that I should be having a nice relaxed time right now. :| Not once he offered condoleances, and right after that he said he'd call back later and hung up. Ugh. I'm so glad I got you guys as family, because the real deal sure ain't my cuppa tea.
I tend to only eat once a day, if I can help it.... mainly because I don't like to get up. :lol:

:hug: I hear ya about families. Both of my parents' families can't stand me. But, that's why I have the internet. :D

My mom's dad died fro lung cancer almos 5 years ago.... still hurts sometimes. He was actually nice to me. :hug:

oohh that appetizer idea sounds really good. :drool: It sounds a bit like the Spanish idea of Tapas or Pinchos. Love that.

Ribs are probably my favourite food ever. :D Let me know if you want a great recipe for Irish ones. I made those for my birthday, they were damn good. :drool: aaack now I'm hungry. The delivery is still not here!!!!

PM me the recipe. I bet they're awesome :drool:

And I'm sorry to hear about the family drama. :hug:

That. So fucking much. :| Enough of my family has died from it.

Thanks for the support guys, I knew you'd be nice to me. :hug:

Grace, it was lung cancer. Suppose it's not strange as he smoked all his life, but yeah it's also in the family. And they had it under control, the tumor was shrinking and he was feeling better.. then he had a four hour epillepsy attack and turned out it had spread to his pancreas and brain. That was three weeks ago I think.

Same thing with my grandfather. He was losing weight and went to doctor. It was too late. A few months later, he died. He essentially raised me. That's where the Ryan comes from. That was his last name.

Random story: I have VH1 top 20 countdown on in the other room. I just heard some really shitty pop band called Hot Shell Ray. Here's the funny part. They were first called Miracle Drug, named themselves after the U2 song. But they found that every time they googled themselves all that came up were U2 references. So they changed their name.

:lol:

:lol: Timezones are so damn weird. You're having lunch when I'm having dinner.

I settled with Spare ribs. They should be delivered within half an hour :D

:crack: Whacko uncle from mom's side called. Ugh, I'll never get used to getting calls from him or his older sister. Both are complete sociophobes living in their own little worlds with their wife/husband. He called asking about my uncle(my dad's brother) and then went on that my parents weren't there, pried about my dad's relationship towards his other brother and to asking how I was doing, that I should be having a nice relaxed time right now. :| Not once he offered condoleances, and right after that he said he'd call back later and hung up. Ugh. I'm so glad I got you guys as family, because the real deal sure ain't my cuppa tea.

:hug:

I went through that 2 weeks ago - it was NOT pretty. :hug:

:hug:

I'm trying to stay positive about it and be excited that it's my last year :hyper:

Huzzah! :hug: Good luck! Did you end up finding a version of WinRAR to download? You'll need that to actually access what you download from u2start.

I have a good Hawaii DVD, but can't recall how much "close up" shots there are. It's definitely worth downloading.

Nope didn't do anything like that yet. I have a converting program called Prism. I'm gonna try it with that first.

Which show is on the cd that you sent Amy and I?

Lunch was good. Burger and fries and bacon. I just don't have ketchup, which is a total fail :doh:

Also, school starts tomorrow and I am still so directionally challenged...ffff....

Ooh, which version of Minneapolis did I send you .... looks like it's the one where the taper is listed as "The Fridge aka al zeppelin."

The Fridge aka al zeppelin?

What?

@Tara—Baaaaacon :) I love bacon. Are we food twins?

And if I was dictionary challenged, that would be worrisome. Nah, rather, I get lost whenever I go out. Ffffffffff.

I gotta hang up more pictures on my wall (*snickersnicker* that's an Echo & the Bunnymen song)...there's not enough at eye level! :shifty:

Also, I'm listening to the Beatles (briefly) and I sorta liked some rap n Beastie Boys yesterday, and was fine with Lady Gaga playing at the dance party. ...APOCALYPSE.

I'm waiting for a good New Jersey. Nearly fainting Bono and several shirt changes - yes! Also, St. Louis. Did anyone bring recording equipment of any kind to that show?

The Fridge aka al zeppelin?

What?

@Tara—Baaaaacon :) I love bacon. Are we food twins?

And if I was dictionary challenged, that would be worrisome. Nah, rather, I get lost whenever I go out. Ffffffffff.

I gotta hang up more pictures on my wall (*snickersnicker* that's an Echo & the Bunnymen song)...there's not enough at eye level! :shifty:

Also, I'm listening to the Beatles (briefly) and I sorta liked some rap n Beastie Boys yesterday, and was fine with Lady Gaga playing at the dance party. ...APOCALYPSE.

That depends on whether or not you also like mashed potato sandwiches. :reject:

The Beatles, ftw! :dance:

Ooh, which version of Minneapolis did I send you .... looks like it's the one where the taper is listed as "The Fridge aka al zeppelin."

Okay just wasn't sure if it was a Minneapolis show. Thanks! I can't wait to hear it :hyper:

Yah, Kristen's trying to master the art of obtaining bootlegs from the interwebz. :wink:

:yes::scratch:

I only really like bootlegs of shows I attended. Or if something really amazing happened... like when they forgot Edge's piano, or a particularly good IEM moment... like the one where Bono was talking about some girl we thought might be named Broccoli or something... anyone remember what I"m talking about?

I only really like bootlegs of shows I attended. Or if something really amazing happened... like when they forgot Edge's piano, or a particularly good IEM moment... like the one where Bono was talking about some girl we thought might be named Broccoli or something... anyone remember what I"m talking about?

I'm the same way. :) Although I just get the shows I've been to. I'll download a song or two from other shows on occasion.

And yes, I remember the broccoli one. :giggle:

ack - the boys left me home alone today and I had grand plans of getting all kinds of work done. They've been gone for 2+hours and I've accomplished NOTHING!!!!!!

Yeah, that was an IEM from one of the Europe shows, where it picked up Bono's backstage chatter before the encore. Sounds like there were some shenanigans the night before. :lol:

When I obsess about something, like X-Files or U2, it brings out some latent obsessive-compulsive tendencies I must have. I like to collect stuff, and organize it in some fashion.

With bootlegs, once I had high-speed internet and found the places where bootlegs were so readily available, I went a bit nuts, and pretty much downloaded whatever I could get my hands on, no matter the quality, and no matter if I'd ever even listen to it.

It's very silly. I just like to have them. When U2start started up, I did share a bunch of shows to help load the site up with bootlegs, which was cool. And I like to be able to share bootlegs with people who can't get them themselves.

So at least that saves my obsessive collecting from being totally useless. :wink:

ack - the boys left me home alone today and I had grand plans of getting all kinds of work done. They've been gone for 2+hours and I've accomplished NOTHING!!!!!!

:lol: Sounds like me. Hubby's working a double today and I have gotten NOTHING good accomplished. Lunch was about it. :lol:

Sad part is, I can't even blame it on kids either. Clinton has been really good today and I'm not sleepy or nauseated from the pregnancy either. I'm just feeling particularly lazy. But I will make a good dinner, since both the options I'm planning on making are pretty easy and both sound yummy. I just need to know which one Mr CK is more in the mood for. :wink:

Wait, strike that. I have painted my toenails. And I have gotten my work papers out... it's a start...

Oh, and I may or may not be watching PopMart Mexico

Yeah, that was an IEM from one of the Europe shows, where it picked up Bono's backstage chatter before the encore. Sounds like there were some shenanigans the night before. :lol:

When I obsess about something, like X-Files or U2, it brings out some latent obsessive-compulsive tendencies I must have. I like to collect stuff, and organize it in some fashion.

With bootlegs, once I had high-speed internet and found the places where bootlegs were so readily available, I went a bit nuts, and pretty much downloaded whatever I could get my hands on, no matter the quality, and no matter if I'd ever even listen to it.

It's very silly. I just like to have them. When U2start started up, I did share a bunch of shows to help load the site up with bootlegs, which was cool. And I like to be able to share bootlegs with people who can't get them themselves.

So at least that saves my obsessive collecting from being totally useless. :wink:

What show is this? I think I need to hear that.

So, for New England this storm was a non-event for the most part. I guess NC up to Conn had some decent damage. But now, I am all set being inside with a toddler.

Glad the storm wasn't as bad as expected!

Ohhhh, what show was that. It was one of the 2010 European shows, I know that much.

And I've already moved those off my hard drive onto discs, so I can't check quickly. D'oh.

Dang, that thread didn't even pop up in my "new posts" list last night or this morning! Thank goodness you linked to it, or else you would have thought I was ungrateful faux-sister. :(

Thanks, BC!

Oh I just read back this thread. Sorry about your uncle Gg. :( :hug:

And OOH must go look at cori's bday thread for pretty? :hmm: ok.

and I think I need to leave and go get bagels. Yes, yes i believe I do. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom