PGP...Hey! lets get together and go Ikea whoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

I met Edge twice but Larry has still eluded me. :sigh: Maybe I'll get to meet him in Detroit though.

Funny thing is, as much as I love Larry ( :heart: ) I don't think I would give up meeting Edge. Funny, eh? But he was just so sweet :happy:

I would love to meet Edge. He does seem like a sweetheart. I have a message for him: in his R n R Hall of Fame speech, he said that the band waits for the magic to happen. I want to tell him that the magic is wherever they are, and that's why we travel all over the country to see them, spend too much money on shows and love their music so much.

I DID get to see Larry's hand and forearm when he waved from the van as he was going to the soundcheck before the first MSG show...! :lmao:

Jo - I love the Tigers in all their suckiness. :lol: I had a particularly strong attachment to them back in 1984, that season is one of my strongest, happiest, most vivid childhood memories :heart:

And I LOATHE the Pistons :grumpy:

I couldn't give two cares about the Lions and I'm not a big hockey fan, but of course I like the Red Wings when I do bother to watch Hockey

** Edited: I just realized after I posted this that I'm sitting here wearing my Detroit Tigers hat :wink:

Diane L said:

When I was a kid, I had a crush on Donny Osmond. Donny's favorite color was purple, and he used to wear purple socks all the time. So, it was a big deal to the teeny-boppers who went to Osmonds shows to wear purple socks or anything purple...

...and that's what Bono's purple socks remind me of--Donny Osmond!!! :lmao: :lmao:

OMG! I totally forgot about purple being Donny Osmond's favorite color! And my first celebrity crush was on Donny Osmond! Gawd ...

That proves that I. Am. Getting. Old.

And I don't know whether to :laugh: or :sad: over that.

On the other hand, I'm glad my taste in men has improved. :wink:

Diane L said:
Weldy, you should be partial to your hometown teams! I was very excited and happy when the NY Mets won in 1986, even though I was a Yankees fan.

As luck would have it, I had a friend who worked at Shea Stadium at the time and she got me a ticket to Game 6 of the World Series. That's the game that the Red Sox ALMOST won--it was one of the most exciting and fun nights of my life! I've never been to a Yankees WS game--tickets are harder to get than for U2 concerts!

Yea...it's the same with me now...I'm happy and excited that the White Soxes won even though I'm a partial Cubs fan.

Here's the funny part...my mom is a South sider and she loves the Cubs too! :lol:

Oh...And I knew someone who worked at US Celluar Field (God...I hate that name! :mad: ) too....but I don't think he ever gave out Sox tickets...:shrug:

It's funny now that the Red Sox won the World Series last year....and this year it's the White Sox turn to go to the World Series.....it's really sweet so far! :hyper:

jobob said:

OMG! I totally forgot about purple being Donny Osmond's favorite color! And my first celebrity crush was on Donny Osmond! Gawd ...

That proves that I. Am. Getting. Old.

And I don't know whether to :laugh: or :sad: over that.

On the other hand, I'm glad my taste in men has improved. :wink:

Heck, yeah! Bono's hotter than Donny any day...Donny hasn't aged very well, and he seems sort of conceited too. Plus Donny has never been on the short list for the Nobel Peace Prize!!!

Diane L said:

Kurt Russell is HAWT! I see nothing wrong with that, Weldy!

I dunno...I guess you're right....I've always have unique and VERY short term crushes.

:hmm: So far I had a crush on : Russell, Matt Damon, Matthew McConaughey and Trent Reznor (I had a crush on him for years! And I think I still have one on him)....that's the ones that I remember so far.

Diane L said:
Heck, yeah! Bono's hotter than Donny any day...Donny hasn't aged very well, and he seems sort of conceited too. Plus Donny has never been on the short list for the Nobel Peace Prize!!!

Yeah, I've read a few, brief interviews with Donny in the last few years. He seems a bit full of himself in them to me, too. About eight or nine years ago when he was touring in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, we were supposed to see him perform the lead role. But he wasn't able to sing, so we saw the understudy instead. I was only a little disappointed.

Kurt Russell is HAWT! I see nothing wrong with that, Weldy! [/B]

Kurt's got this hot scruffy casual vive goin' on. There must be somethin' there if he and Goldie Hawn have been happy together for all these years.

Diane L said:
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to try to sleep. I've got to go into Manhattan tomorrow and it will be a busy day.

Take care all! :hug: :wave:

And I need to go to sleep so I can go to work in Detroit in the morning, and then go to my doctor's office in the 'burbs.

and I have to try to not totally bitch out my doctor and his staff because I was furious at them late last week.
Bunch of uncaring :censored: ers

Hi to no one (as usual) :sigh:

Since things pretty much suck financially right now, getting the net back on at home is the least of my worries right now. :| I swear if I didn't have my music I'd be going nuts. And it's frustrating to only be able to come on here in the mornings and not have anyone to talk to. Not any of your faults, but it's just frustrating. So unless I can get on when there are actually people on instead of me just talking to myself like I usually am, I won't be on much. I miss you all tons and I hope you all are doing OK. I know some of you (SG, Sami, Russty, and others I can't think of right now) have more concerts coming up. Have a great time! Wild and Jem, due to time differences I probably won't talk to you until Boston if I can't get net service back at home before then. I can't wait to meet you girls. :)

I've gotta run but I love you all tons and miss you all lots! :( :hug: :heart:

DG! :sigh: I miss you so much. Try to keep your spirits high through these tough times. We are always thinking of you. I don't know if you got my e-mail or not but I sent you one. Hopefully we can talk to you soon. :heart: :hug:

DG:sad:

*writes on hand.

DG came online at 2:37pm.

I'm going to try getting here at around that time so I can get to you sweetie....i think you could do with someone to talk to :hug:

Luv ya sis :heart:

Wild!! :hug: :hyper: :heart:

I think I just got run down, between my midterms, + allergies + all the colds getting passed around. So I ended up feeling sick, and sleeping my weekend away.....
Instead of being here with you girls :(

How are you?!
How long till boston? :hyper:

Hey Lil cuz! :hug:
Yes :grumpy: I've yet to be introduced to new boy. As your elder cuuz, I insist he pass my inspection.......

Back
Top Bottom