PGP: Apparently Hell Has Not Frozen Over Yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are ready to dig up and eat when tops of the plants start to die off, you can leave them underground too for weeks if it´s not too wet

time to harvest depends on weather but here it´s about 7-9 weeks

new potatoes you can harvest when plant reaches around foot in height, pick few out and leave rest to grow so plant isnt harmed, but here we just let em be a bit longer and dig em all out as growing season is shorter here

One thing I'll say about tribute bands is, nothing will make you realize faster what a difference it makes to have all the clothes tailor made for your body. No off-the-rack T shirt ever fit anyone the way Edge's Elevation shirts fit. And check out the black flame jacket 3 or 4 videos down here http://u2act.com/ The outfit is a very good replica (and I'm sure the band is great) but it's not quite right-- the "Bono" clothes just never have that badass fit. Can you imagine having someone pin and tuck your every garment to make every single thing you wear look awesome?

One thing I'll say about tribute bands is, nothing will make you realize faster what a difference it makes to have all the clothes tailor made for your body. No off-the-rack T shirt ever fit anyone the way Edge's Elevation shirts fit. And check out the black flame jacket 3 or 4 videos down here http://u2act.com/ The outfit is a very good replica (and I'm sure the band is great) but it's not quite right-- the "Bono" clothes just never have that badass fit. Can you imagine having someone pin and tuck your every garment to make every single thing you wear look awesome?

If I had U2's money and their touring budgets I'd have all my stuff custom-tailored too. :lol:

That said, I'm going to see my first U2 tribute this summer. "Elevation" is playing not even 20 minutes from where I live so I figure 'why not'? :lol::lol::lol:

One thing I'll say about tribute bands is, nothing will make you realize faster what a difference it makes to have all the clothes tailor made for your body. No off-the-rack T shirt ever fit anyone the way Edge's Elevation shirts fit. Can you imagine having someone pin and tuck your every garment to make every single thing you wear look awesome?

I don't have to imagine (it's been a long time but i have vivid memories), my mom studied as a seamtress & clothing designer. She only stayed in the field a few years.

There were times when i didn't appriciate it as much as I should have :reject: - but she made at times a pretty good amount of clothes for us; me, my sis, our dad, and a few times for herself. So I got pinned, tucked, measured, darted, pleated etc. :lol: :D

I think she could design from scratch, but she used pattarns, but was skilled enough to do alterations etc. My dad would get a shirt here & there. We got a bunch of dresses, beach capes with hoods, she made at least 1 mini-skirt -which I only reccently remembered (not as mini as some these days) for me, a 6th-grade dance dress (pretty high-fashion - can't quite remember if she sort of talked me into it, or that i really liked it from the get go- looking back it was pretty cool), 1 pair of cool pants (she almost hated making pants) and one time a light spring coat!

I think that would be super fun. I would go!
This is the first time we've had the opportunity to see a U2 tribute, so we figure why not! They're said to be one of the better ones.
Especially as it's only $7 a ticket and there's a BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE tribute band opening!

oh wow U2 AND Bruce tributes ! :hyper: Guess who's sleeping on your couch! :lol: :wink:

The U2 trib band I've seen a few times (but not since ? 2011 :( between $ issues- cause I and some friends have gotten in for free at times & I don't always want to do that, and then the whole ankle accident thing)-- is Unforgetable Fire. They're really good! They have alot of fun. They sound quite wonderful. And they're nice guys. I hope i'lll be able to catch them sometime in the next 4 months or so. They even played at BB King's Club in Times Square for St Patrick's Day/Weeknd. That was fun!

I think you'll have a great time, CK! :wave:

Hey everybody. Just checking in because today is a huge day for me--totally huge rite of passage, new life... everything. Kind of scary and also exciting. And terrifying. And exciting. And scary.

*crickets*

and it's not even summa yet

JJ you gotta google
volcano with blue sulfur gases
it looks almost like rivers of blue lava :ohmy: :love: entrancing!

the sulfur gases from the lava that hit the air and turn blue!

makes me wonder if a form of sulphur is used for making blue fireworks!?

goes to ggl up

i was wrong.... but i had a second guess i didn't post and i wqas correct in that! :applaud:

i thought maybe the gorgeous blue mineral Azurite sometimes mixed with Malchite <greens>... it's a copper ?compound.

and yes blue fireworks are made with copper compounds :nerd:

xjMvQRJ.jpg

oh wow U2 AND Bruce tributes ! :hyper: Guess who's sleeping on your couch! :lol: :wink:

Hey, I don't mind! You're more than welcome to crash on the couch! :lol::lol:

And to all the USAers; hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday. We didn't go anywhere, just stayed home and cooked some really thick pork chops on the grill, roasted a few marshmallows, and got the plastic kiddie pool out of the basement and cleaned it up so the kids could "swim". :D

You're right Daz, this place is definitely crickets! :ohmy:

By the way we DID barbeque last tonight and tonight, the weather has been so lovely. :D

Back
Top Bottom