PGP: Apparently Hell Has Not Frozen Over Yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as many as milky way has, it´s an amazing sight to be in completely pitch black and by that I mean that there´s no lightsource within 40 or so miles around :heart::love::heart:

Oh I've had the wonderment....my friend and I were in Monument Valley of the Navajo Nation in NE Arizona.
There are some some towns maybe 10 - 20 miles away but they're small. This is deep :heart: High Desert country.

So we got the :love: whole amazing, glorious panoply of stars and the Milky Way band across the sky after the Moon set (a pretty "Big light" in it's own right).
It was the best viewing because even in the pretty geep countryside of Upper NY State and New England wew had a lot of trees aorund us (on earlier amily vacations)

There in MV it was mostly a full 360° view. Wow I've never actually thought about that aspect before! SO beautiful!

comet how far would you have to drive to get to a great Milky Wasy viewing sight? I'd ask zu, too, if she was here too. I'mm thinking more desert-like areas less trees more view.

I'm not really sure daz! Probably not too far, maybe the mountains, before getting to the actual desert. Maybe about 30-45 minutes. :hmm:

:ohmy: I just realized that there is a pic of Adam in drag that is actually 2 different pics, and I never realized in all these years they were different. Always thought it was the same pic. :lol:

Just to let folks know, I think I'm over the roughest bit of my tough times. Had a big hurdle earlier this week but I think things will be better from here on out.

That's good jeevey. :up:

CK it's the one of Adam next to the car. Can't believe I didn't notice it before. (Or maybe I did but just forgot. :reject: )

Here you go :D

39U2Berlinfeb1992ACadam.jpg~original

and for comparison

bwu2oneadamcar.jpg~original

Personal note: Tomorrow Mr CK & I will be traveling to Columbus, OH with both kids in tow for Lil'CK's Destination Imagination state tournament (they won regionals last month). It's a gifted program that specializes in teamwork and problem solving skills while applying math, science, and performance arts and has teams in all levels of school, from elementary through high school. He and his other 6 teammates are competing against 11 other elementary schools from across the state. And that is just in their division alone! It's a 3hr drive for us each way, and we're spending the weekend. Wish us luck and safe travels if you would please! I know Lil'CK will be glad to hear that the Interference crowd is pulling for him!! :grouphug:

that was an exciting day, dog is still laughing at me :lol:

we were out in woods when I spotted an old sight that I remembered from my childhood

when I was bout 11 or 12 there was a huge wasp nest underground, dont know what they are called and today I just took a stick and shoved it down the entrance as thought no way that they are there still

but they were :angry:

damn flying pieces of /#"()#)¤/"29q4

I laughed and ran and doggie was like 100 meters, ahead of me just looking at me: you stupid man :lol:

had to take a snake pack/medicin that all of us keep at home to get rid of reactions from stings

damn me and my curious brains :lol::lol:

:ohmy::lol::ohmy:

omg JJ!

that is rather amazing....who'd think it would still be inact/active all those years later!Glad u had tthe meds to counteract the "venom".

:hmm: and would it be so out of character dog-wise for your fur bud to have sniffed around and awoken the wasp's "defense perimeter" ?!?

and BTW- that video you posted further back....:lol: the horse ...Nibbling??? on the man's ear??!!!? i am right' right?
:lmao:

amazing he stayed so poker-faced! :lol:

that was an exciting day, dog is still laughing at me :lol:

we were out in woods when I spotted an old sight that I remembered from my childhood

when I was bout 11 or 12 there was a huge wasp nest underground, dont know what they are called and today I just took a stick and shoved it down the entrance as thought no way that they are there still

but they were :angry:

damn flying pieces of /#"()#)¤/"29q4

I laughed and ran and doggie was like 100 meters, ahead of me just looking at me: you stupid man :lol:

had to take a snake pack/medicin that all of us keep at home to get rid of reactions from stings

damn me and my curious brains :lol::lol:

I'm glad you are okay! When I was about 9 years old, we were at my grandmother's farm and were playing hide and seek. I hid in an old chicken coop and didn't know that I'd stuck my head in a wasp nest. A whole bunch of those f**kers fell on my shoulders and down my shirt. I ended up with 9 or 10 stings, but fortunately didn't have to go to the emergency room. I never want to do that again, and feel your pain!

Looks like sections of Spain and maybe Portigul have dark sky areas
never seen that site.... going to look.
altho I pretty much know what my USA light at night levels look ( seen B&W photos) like.

ETA i do have an older laptop.... moved the map around but it wouldn't go into light polution mode

I was trying to high-light NorthEast Arizona/SouthEast Utah/ NorthWest New Mexico/ SouthWest Colorado

oooo Aussie Outback And stars & Milky Way :bow:

thanks jj!

one of my other fav starscapes arew the ones where you see stars but they're Deep Space Photos, and not only do you see a lot of stars- but you see looking a bit closer that batches of those "stars" are really other galaxies!!! wooooah!

And NOT the Local Galactic Cluster, either! Really faaaaar out there!!! :swoon:

Back
Top Bottom